TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Higher the CSM Number the Better?

jaydub Mach1

and remember, the gt500 were going to be a limited production of 8 to 10,000 total, no one was thinking 8 to 10000 a year at the time, but now thats the way it worked out.

8000-10000 2007

8000-10000 2008

8000-10000 2009?

In order for US to know how many cars will be made, THEY have to know how many cars will be made.

Let's check again in 10 years. Maybe then there will be an answer.

Anywhere south of 6000 is fine w/ me...even 6000 is fine w/ me...I don't think the numbers mean much if they are that close. If it hits 10000, which it won't, then it means they won't be so valuable.

Hey guys,

I havent checked in since June, its nice to see the forum is still alive and well.

Here is my .02c...........

Car #22 will be worth more than all the others because of this forum and because of all the hell I went through to sell it.........

Long live #22.......

Jason P Fachner

Tower Ford Inc

LMFAO

hey i just noticed you have 20% tint , i did the same with mine when i first got it even though its illegal in california , i just hurry up and roll down the windows when i see CHP ! I didnt think my car could possablly look any better untill we did the windows, it makes the car stand out even more full black!!!!!!!!! :)

ps you goy 3 more posts to be a shelby nut!!!!!!!!!! B)

hey i just noticed you have 20% tint , i did the same with mine when i first got it even though its illegal in california , i just hurry up and roll down the windows when i see CHP ! I didnt think my car could possablly look any better untill we did the windows, it makes the car stand out even more full black!!!!!!!!! :)

ps you goy 3 more posts to be a shelby nut!!!!!!!!!! B)

im gonna give her a bath on sat before i drive her. i want to post a pic with the covers. yippie now i only have 2 more posts to be a shelby nut woo hoo :D :)

Here is my 2 cent.

I think it's not a matter of how few were made that determines their future value...it has more to do with whether a future generation will desire the car...and how many survivors there are. One of the reasons why Shelby's cars are desirable by the 40+ club is because we remember wanting a Shelby when were we in our youth. Parking Shelbys in a garage for 30 years, whether GT500 or SGT, will not help build a future generation that desires a Shelby. We need to enjoy the cars, show them, race them, modify them, and educate people about them. Every kid that says 'wow...cool car"....is a possible future buyer. That kid, not our memories, will determine the value of future Shelbys. That Kid has to see them....to remember them...to want them in the future.

It will be interesting to see what they are worth in the future. For me...it's the perfect Shelby. It's a true Shelby. The first Shelby mustang offered to the public in many years...it's also going to be the most affordable modern day Shelby. The 2008 are already more $$$ (excluding ADMs) not to mention the crazy prices for the GT500KR, Super Snake, or future Shelbys such as the GT350. I can't ever see SAI building a cheaper Shelby than the SGT. It's a dream come true and it came at a time when I could afford it. Which is probably another reason why many of us are older than 40.

So here is my advise. Enjoy your cars now....if the car is worth something in the future...great...it's a little bonus. If it isn't....you at least had the best time driving it for the last 30 years.

I think it's not a matter of how few were made that determines their future value...it has more to do with whether a future generation will desire the car...and how many survivors there are. One of the reasons why Shelby's cars are desirable by the 40+ club is because we remember wanting a Shelby when were we in our youth. Parking Shelbys in a garage for 30 years, whether GT500 or SGT, will not help build a future generation that desires a Shelby. We need to enjoy the cars, show them, race them, modify them, and educate people about them. Every kid that says 'wow...cool car"....is a possible future buyer. That kid, not our memories, will determine the value of future Shelbys. That Kid has to see them....to remember them...to want them in the future.

Very True...Great Post

Here is my 2 cent.

They way these cars are not bing advertised, 30 years from now some prospective buyer will pop the hood and say " I was going to buy it but for some reason the original owner took the FORD super charger off and swapped in a smaller engine"! :rolleyes:

Archived