TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Documentation

Hi, I just purchased GT-H 417. It did not come with any documentation from Shelby; a build sheet or metal plaque. I keep reading that Shelby Autos will mail all of this after I've registered the car. I did this about a week ago and just wondered if they will mail the documentation or if I have to go back to Hertz to get the info. Oh by the way WOW! I have had a ball in my GT-H since I picked up. I actually rented number 409 in Montana about a month ago and enjoyed the car so much I decided to buy one for myself. Anybody with any info on #417 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help

The SAI materials are supposed to be shipped from SAI directly. My guess is that they are finishing up all the work MAKING the various 2007 models and will get the GT-H stuff out in the break before starting the 2008s, KRs, etc. I don't think Hertz ever had the documentation for the cars (except the invoice / build sheet / window sticker).

Mike (in Portland)

The SAI materials are supposed to be shipped from SAI directly. My guess is that they are finishing up all the work MAKING the various 2007 models and will get the GT-H stuff out in the break before starting the 2008s, KRs, etc. I don't think Hertz ever had the documentation for the cars (except the invoice / build sheet / window sticker).

Mike (in Portland)

At the moment, we are assembling the GTH packages. I do believe that we have already started to send some out. You can conct John Walker at Johnw@shelbyautos.com He may be able to answer all of the questions for the GTH dash plaque set.

Bud

At the moment, we are assembling the GTH packages. I do believe that we have already started to send some out. You can conct John Walker at Johnw@shelbyautos.com He may be able to answer all of the questions for the GTH dash plaque set.

Bud

Hi Bud I think/ THOUGHT the same thing, i'm waiting 6weeks since i talked to JOHN for my stuff !! Hopefully he so busy making the packages ,cause he's not gotten back to me ? STILL WAITING :lol:

John did a great job of getting my documentation out to me - was about a week. He had me register on the site and also forward (fax) copies of my sales invoice and title to him, to verify ownership.

The packet was sent to my dealer who then forwarded it out to me. Still waiting on the dash plaque though, but I'm sure it will come in time. Just have to be patient which is kinda tough...

Greg Kalosa at SAAC also helped; he contacted Hertz on my behalf to see if things could be moved along, (Greg is the registrar at SAAC for the GT-H cars).

Very greatful to all who helped me out on this.

Dan

John did a great job of getting my documentation out to me - was about a week. He had me register on the site and also forward (fax) copies of my sales invoice and title to him, to verify ownership.

The packet was sent to my dealer who then forwarded it out to me. Still waiting on the dash plaque though, but I'm sure it will come in time. Just have to be patient which is kinda tough...

Greg Kalosa at SAAC also helped; he contacted Hertz on my behalf to see if things could be moved along, (Greg is the registrar at SAAC for the GT-H cars).

Very greatful to all who helped me out on this.

Dan Hey thanks do you have a number for Greg ?

The contact info for the different registrars at SAAC are here:

http://www.saac.com/email_addresses.htm#registrars

I just had a few emails back and forth with Greg, I don't know how much influence he had on getting the packet out, but a pretty interesting guy and was greatful for his volunteering to help me out.

He is also the registrar for the Ford GT and mentioned that he was pretty busy pulling all that together.

There was a series of articles in Car & Driver on the Shelby GT-H cars and he was also briefly mentioned in that (page 6):

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/11756...-challenge.html

Hang in there, everything in the packet came laminated and that takes time too.

Dan

Mike (in Portland)

Hey Mike!

I now live up in BC, but often travel to Portland (where I have moved from). I own an SGT that I purchased at Dick Hannah Ford. I may drive my SGT down to Portland next week.

Do you live in Portland and do you own an SGT?

If so, we should meet SwedeShelby (forum member) who owns a SGT for coffee one evening!

Shoot me a PM

Todd

• 4 weeks later...

---What sort of stuff were you getting from Hertz? I'm new owner of #332 as of yesterday, looks like I have some work ahead of me to get all this stuff together? thanks.

I don't think the OP is referring to the Hertz documents, but the SAI production stuff (dash plaque, trunk plaque, etc.). The car manufacture stuff from Ford should be sent with the car.

Just got my stuff waited 2 1/2 months . John finally sent me all the things in my pkg ! What placement is the 40th Anniversary Plaque to go ??? On trunk i assume ? Anyone really no where it is going to go ??? Dan GT-H #190

I don't think the OP is referring to the Hertz documents, but the SAI production stuff (dash plaque, trunk plaque, etc.). The car manufacture stuff from Ford should be sent with the car.

Hi- Do you, or anyone else, have a complete list of what all documents exist for these cars? I mean, besides what should come from SAI, any docs from Hertz and Ford? Thanks

My car came from the dealer with the MSO, a delivery notice to Hertz in Oklahoma or wherever they are headquartered, the original window sticker for the Mustang GT, and an added window sticker / summary of the Shelby upgrades made as part of that package.

I'm still waiting on the SAI stuff - whoever got theirs . . . pictures are worth a thousand words (hint, hint).

My car came from the dealer with the MSO, a delivery notice to Hertz in Oklahoma or wherever they are headquartered, the original window sticker for the Mustang GT, and an added window sticker / summary of the Shelby upgrades made as part of that package.

I'm still waiting on the SAI stuff - whoever got theirs . . . pictures are worth a thousand words (hint, hint).

Does anyone have any idea how to get the Ford/Hertz Documents?

John

Archived