TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pennsylvania Dealer GREED !!!!!!

I talked to around 6 Ford dealers in Central Pa.

Most said they are going to auction off the Shelby GT500's

they said they are looking for $ 20 to $ 10 thousand over MSRP.

All this is doing is making the Big Money people happy at the

exspense of the average guy who can't afford that mark up.

Hope GM and Chrysler are watchiing and don't make the

same mistake as Ford and drive customers away.

Guest evilchris

The "me first I wanna be cool" crowd will be gone very shortly and cars will be MSRP. Slow production right now is the issue, not a huge number of people willing to pay 25k over. That's why ebay auctions are already lagging. Hang tight, you'll be able to walk on the lot and buy one for sticker as soon as Ford starts churning them out. The situation is no different than the 2003 Cobras.

hmmm...why does this not suprise me?

Boss302 im also from the central pa area went to four different dealers before being in the right place at the right time. I have first allowcation and paying MSRP. The sales manager even told me yesterday that he had two brokers call him and offer him 15K over. He told them that they are allready sold. I still worry becouse eventhoue i have a deposit sheet and a order sheet they havent commited to giving me a sales agreement. :banghead: deposit 3/27/06 $5,000, order 6/16/06, 7/22/06 still no word on car?

...The sales manager even told me yesterday that he had two brokers call him and offer him 15K over. He told them that they are allready sold.

You tell your sales manager that according to what I read (a Ford Presentation to internal employees), Dealers could lose their SVT certification if they sell the GT500 to a broker..and of course they strongly discourage ADM...

You tell your sales manager that according to what I read (a Ford Presentation to internal employees), Dealers could lose their SVT certification if they sell the GT500 to a broker..and of course they strongly discourage ADM...

This is true - brokering is strictly prohibited. Actually, Ford prohibits selling to anyone other than the end user on any new vehicle due to liability concerns.

REALITY CHECK: Don't kid yourself, Chrysler and Chevy dealers will do the exact same thing with their new muscle cars. They've taken notes on the GT500, and it's all about ADM, not how cheap can they sell them. The GT500 ADM's hasn't driven anyone away from Ford - at least not in any numbers worth noting. The F-150/250/350 is Ford's bread and butter, not the GT500.

The GT500 ADM's hasn't driven anyone away from Ford - at least not in any numbers worth noting.

Excuse me but -- how do YOU know?? I already gave up on the GT500 after the dealers I spoke to wanted markups of 20-25k. I was disgusted. I like Ford products but I'm not brand-loyal to the point of being a screwball. So now I have an order in for a 07 Z06 at MSRP, in writing. With other products out there in the neighborhood of the GT500's MSRP (C6) and in the neighborhood of its MSRP + ADM (Z06), and some more competition from GM and Dodge on the horizon, I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only one who gave up. And its not just this car - my negative experience with the Ford dealers generally will no doubt factor in to my future decisions - when I by a truck etc. It may not be that people are leaving in droves, but frankly any customer loss, especially in the enthusiast segment, has got to be worrisome to a company whose bonds are slipping deeper in to junk status.

Just my .02.

Excuse me but -- how do YOU know?? I already gave up on the GT500 after the dealers I spoke to wanted markups of 20-25k. I was disgusted. I like Ford products but I'm not brand-loyal to the point of being a screwball. So now I have an order in for a 07 Z06 at MSRP, in writing. With other products out there in the neighborhood of the GT500's MSRP (C6) and in the neighborhood of its MSRP + ADM (Z06), and some more competition from GM and Dodge on the horizon, I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only one who gave up. And its not just this car - my negative experience with the Ford dealers generally will no doubt factor in to my future decisions - when I by a truck etc. It may not be that people are leaving in droves, but frankly any customer loss, especially in the enthusiast segment, has got to be worrisome to a company whose bonds are slipping deeper in to junk status.

Just my .02.

Ponyboy,

I agree 100% and I am a Ford screwball. I hope some at Ford is paying attention to comments like yous and mine but I doubt it! :rant:

CC

The GT500 ADM's hasn't driven anyone away from Ford - at least not in any numbers worth noting.

It caused me to face reality. A little over a week ago I plunked down a deposit on a non-Ford car. Over the past several years I've bought three Explorers (wife currently drives one). I'm not going out of my way not to buy another Explorer. It's just that the next time I won't try to influence my wife from getting what she wants - a stinking Volvo.

But you are correct; we're not any number worth noting. :)

how does one calulate an unkown figure and then comment on it here as fact?

is there more to the story? survey results perhaps?

I think Fords downhill slide in the market and announcement of loss of earnings would in some way contradict what you are saying. Base on those facts, I'd say it's entirely possible people are turning away from Ford in droves.

This is kinda funny to me 'cause Ford owns Volvo and so they will get your money anyway.

Oops I'm going off topic again!

Haha, that is funny. But like I said, next time she gets what she wants - Volvo, Ford, Acura, GMC or whatever. I've pushed her into two Explorers. I'm through pushing. If she wants one, she'll have to climb in all by herself.

how does one calulate an unkown figure and then comment on it here as fact?

is there more to the story? survey results perhaps?

I think Fords downhill slide in the market and announcement of loss of earnings would in some way contradict what you are saying. Base on those facts, I'd say it's entirely possible people are turning away from Ford in droves.

All I was saying is that Ford's loss of market share has essentially nothing to do with the relatively few people that have been displeased with pricing or their treatment regarding the GT500 to the point of being turned off Ford completely.

Ford's biggest problem is that their cars are boooring (except the Mustang).

All I was saying is that Ford's loss of market share has essentially nothing to do with the relatively few people that have been displeased with pricing or their treatment regarding the GT500 to the point of being turned off Ford completely.

Maybe not in the short term, but I'll bet if there was a way to track the trickle effect of diehard Blue Oval buyers who've slowly turned their back on Ford we'd all be surprised. Everytime a new model comes out its "my way or the highway" with my dealers. Once the newness wears off it's "how can we help you" and "no deal off the table." This isn't just Mustang or GT500. I experienced it when the new F150's and 500's (not the Shelby, the 4 door Taurus replacement) came out. Know what - I didn't buy their product! It's just one sale, but multiply that by the times it's happend to me and multiply that by the # of other people it's happened to and voila', you have a trend!

Organizational change (both good and bad) doesn't typically have a strong immediate affect. It's more gradual and longer lasting (like the ball that rolls down a very slight incline). It's easy to say "it's only a few customers", but if you say that enough it turns out that you've lost a good % of your customer/market share.

Again, not necessarily. They're just slow to embrace the change that the (new) market leaders have been implementing while Ford and GM said "our product is good enough. Look at how many we're selling." Now that they're behind it's going to be tough, if not impossible, to gain back that innovation and TRUST that they lost.

It caused me to face reality. A little over a week ago I plunked down a deposit on a non-Ford car. Over the past several years I've bought three Explorers (wife currently drives one). I'm not going out of my way not to buy another Explorer. It's just that the next time I won't try to influence my wife from getting what she wants - a stinking Volvo.

But you are correct; we're not any number worth noting. :)

THREADJACK - OFF TOPIC - ETC...

Lawdude - I have gone through cars like water all my life, but I bought an S80 T6 in 2001 and will probably keep it until the wheels fall off. It's plenty quick (surprised lots of rice grinders) is extremely comfortable. gets about 30 MPG on the highway and about 21 around town, has lots of leg room in both the front and back and has a volumous trunk. Not a sports car by any means, but a damn good every day car that you can have a lot of fun with.

SORRY FOR THE THREADJACK - NOW BACK TO GT500's

What dealers did you visit?

Well...not all of them. The Fusion has merit. Too bad they haven't restyled the 500...nice car, but really boring to look at. But wait!! When was the last time you turned your head to watch a Camry drive by. I think the biggest problem with Ford right now it they depend too much on SUV's when the market for low fuel economy vehicles has past. They need to come up with more exciting cars, and more fuel efficent ones too.

Wouldn't hurt to stop these dealers from their ADMs. We saw what that did to the Thunderbird. Hmmm...sell one at $60,000 or 10 at $45,000...I wonder who would be making more money and customer loyalty!

Archived