TEAM SHELBY FORUM

rock chip and scratch

I almost got sick last weekend! I was taking my baby out for a nice drive being oh so careful when WHAM a freaking passing 18 wheeler flatbed slung a rock right on my Shelby hood :angry: at the time I thought it was just a dirt clod, but when I got to town and washed her there it was a scratch about 1/2 inch all the way down to the metal and then a chip down to the primer right beside it. :( I just got some touch-up paint from Ford today to see how that would work. Thats what I think might be the best since if I took it to a body shop it would probably end up worse then it is. I would hate to have non matching paint or messed up stripes.

Just thought id see if anyone else has any better ideas or have had this problem. Guess thats part of not just having it to look at. But it still sucks when it happens with less then 150 miles on a new car.

I almost got sick last weekend! I was taking my baby out for a nice drive being oh so careful when WHAM a freaking passing 18 wheeler flatbed slung a rock right on my Shelby hood :angry: at the time I thought it was just a dirt clod, but when I got to town and washed her there it was a scratch about 1/2 inch all the way down to the metal and then a chip down to the primer right beside it. :( I just got some touch-up paint from Ford today to see how that would work. Thats what I think might be the best since if I took it to a body shop it would probably end up worse then it is. I would hate to have non matching paint or messed up stripes.

Just thought id see if anyone else has any better ideas or have had this problem. Guess thats part of not just having it to look at. But it still sucks when it happens with less then 150 miles on a new car.

I cringe every time a tractor trailer passes my car. Good luck with the scratch.

Try this product. It can fix small scratches so that you can't notice them.

http://www.langka.com/complete-paint-chip-repair-p-30.html

after you get it fixed look into the 3m invisilble bra.

I have it on my Denali, BMW, Mini and will put it on the Shelby if I decide to drive it!

below is the info for my guy, he may be able to direct you to someone in your neck of the woods if you want your car done.

meckonica@bellsouth.net

Contact us | AutoSuperShield.com

Please contact us at 561-367-0101 or info@autosupershield.com with any questions about our products ... Auto Super Shield 1748 Costa Del Sol Boca Raton, FL 33432

www.autosupershield.com/contact.html · Cached page

• 1 month later...

Try this product. It can fix small scratches so that you can't notice them.

http://www.langka.com/complete-paint-chip-repair-p-30.html

Is this Langka stuff good enough that I could do a key scratch down the whole side and not have it noticeable??

Just so no one here gets sick to their stomach, the key scratch is on the '07 Honda, and not on the Mustang!

Guys, If you are thinking about getting a clear bra, you need to look at the product by Venturshield. It does not yellow crack or bubble and is gaurenteed for life. A friend of mine got the 3M bra put on his white GT500 about 6 monyths ago and it shows a yellow hue on the fender allready. I have the clear bra on my GT500.

Here is a video showing the product on my car. Click on the video.

th_Sep052007-VID000011.jpg

I did a little test on a piece of the clear bra to see how strong the stuff is. I tried to impaqle it with a screw driver. This stuff is very strong, and rock chip proof. And No I don't work for venture shield.

Click on video for clear bra test.

th_Oct062007-VID000012.jpg

Guys, If you are thinking about getting a clear bra, you need to look at the product by Venturshield. It does not yellow crack or bubble and is gaurenteed for life. A friend of mine got the 3M bra put on his white GT500 about 6 monyths ago and it shows a yellow hue on the fender allready. I have the clear bra on my GT500.

Here is a video showing the product on my car. Click on the video.

th_Sep052007-VID000011.jpg

I did a little test on a piece of the clear bra to see how strong the stuff is. I tried to impaqle it with a screw driver. This stuff is very strong, and rock chip proof. And No I don't work for venture shield.

Click on video for clear bra test.

th_Oct062007-VID000012.jpg

Thanks,

Grabber!

Grabber,

Thanks for the info, great stuff. Are you going for a 40th package or SS package. It seems not since you did the bra.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Archived