TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Now that the Shelby's are out.....

LSR

Now that the Shelby's are out, I am very curious to see what the actual rear wheel horsepower (rwhp) figures are?

Let's see some stock dyno numbers.

Who that has their Shelby GT500 plans on getting tuned?

Everyone seems to guess what it will be, but the dyno will eleviate all of the guessing.

you should see 480 plus at the rear... nothing below that.

Um, I really doubt that. That equates to 565 horsepower at the flywheel. While I'm sure Ford underrated the Shelby some, it ain't going to be THAT much. More likely we'll see rwhp figures in the 450-460 range.

Um, I really doubt that. That equates to 565 horsepower at the flywheel. While I'm sure Ford underrated the Shelby some, it ain't going to be THAT much. More likely we'll see rwhp figures in the 450-460 range.

If that's true, I'll definitely be doing a pulley swap or something to bump that up another 100hp or so. My supercharged 350Z puts 450hp to the rear wheels and weighs 800lbs less than the GT500!

You have 3 pics in your sig at 350 Tech - how about those?

It's a killer Z!

collage2md.jpg

Best I can do until I have more pics on my new PC. Not sure anyone on a Mustang forum would want to see more on my Z, but if they do they can check out this link... http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/User:Mcduck

beyond that, let's get this thread back on topic and see some GT500 dynos! :rockon:

collage2md.jpg

Best I can do until I have more pics on my new PC. Not sure anyone on a Mustang forum would want to see more on my Z, but if they do they can check out this link... http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/User:Mcduck

beyond that, let's get this thread back on topic and see some GT500 dynos! :rockon:

Nice vehicle...I drove the 350Z a few years back and for the most part liked it. I'm not surprised that the engine makes that much power, but I am surprised the drivetrain can withstand it. Can you talk about how you manage to keep the shifter, trans, halfshafts, and other such items from breaking? I think the car came stock with about 285 HP, right? Yours is quite a jump from that...and I'm sure a LOT more torque also...which is really what breaks the parts.

Thanks,

Dave

Nice vehicle...I drove the 350Z a few years back and for the most part liked it. I'm not surprised that the engine makes that much power, but I am surprised the drivetrain can withstand it. Can you talk about how you manage to keep the shifter, trans, halfshafts, and other such items from breaking? I think the car came stock with about 285 HP, right? Yours is quite a jump from that...and I'm sure a LOT more torque also...which is really what breaks the parts.

Thanks,

Dave

I have seen this happin to drive trains in the ZED.

What up-grades to drive train have you done Terry1234,

and how much $$$$$ are you in to this rice burner :hysterical:(no insult intended)

DEFFINITLY A SWEET LOOKING RIDE :shift:

I have seen this happin to drive trains in the ZED.

What up-grades to drive train have you done Terry1234,

and how much $$$$$ are you in to this rice burner :hysterical:(no insult intended)

DEFFINITLY A SWEET LOOKING RIDE :shift:

Uh, I think you misunderstood...this is not my car. I was asking questions.

Dave

Thanks,

Dave

the quick reply about my car so we can get back to the GT500 dyno discussion. Upgraded a bunch of motor stuff... plenum, cams, pulleys, headers, etc., etc,... then capped everything off with a Vortech supercharger. Since its a centrifugal type, power builds linearly. Most of the power comes up top. Torque starts out decent, but only peaks at 360 ftlbs. So, not as likely to break stuff. Tranny and diff have held up well so far, but I expect I'll need to upgrade before I try to push more power than I have now. There have been a lot of motors popping with twin turbo kits which make bunches of torque at lower rpm.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to my GT500... can do mods like this with less fear of breaking something on the stock internals. How much power do you guys think the bottom end can hold on the Shelby?

It seems like there's only one person complaining about threads going off topic.

I don't know about anyone else - but to me, these threads are like conversations - they evolve and take little side-trips along the way.

These forums aren't business related - we're here to learn and have some fun!

I don't see any harm in straying off topic now and then. Just my 2c.

Hey you don't get to take the blame for going off topic! I'll take the blame, it's the only way I get to learn anything...someone mentions something I have not heard of before I ask a question to find out what it is...I'm not going to start a new post just to ask a simple question. What were we talking about again? Dyno's??? :hysterical:

Not complaining here, just thought I recently read a pretty harsh thread about the consequences of threads that go off topic. Written by a site MOD.

I also was giving just a unidentifiably friendly poke...

"unidentifialby...(sp?!) Poke?

We're cool. From what I've observed, the "Mods" don't really give much input 'round these parts anyway.

Ah - yes - dynos -

I've never had a car on one - but I plan to put my inbound GT on one before and after the Roush.

I think there's one down in Jacksonville NC - about 90 mins from here.

I'd like to see how the headers and exhaust change the numbers - then confirm ol' Jack's claims about his huffer. :hysterical:

"unidentifialby...(sp?!) Poke?

We're cool. From what I've observed, the "Mods" don't really give much input 'round these parts anyway.

Ah - yes - dynos -

I've never had a car on one - but I plan to put my inbound GT on one before and after the Roush.

I think there's one down in Jacksonville NC - about 90 mins from here.

I'd like to see how the headers and exhaust change the numbers - then confirm ol' Jack's claims about his huffer. :hysterical:

hey, I never named names :doh:

It seems like there's only one person complaining about threads going off topic.

I don't know about anyone else - but to me, these threads are like conversations - they evolve and take little side-trips along the way.

These forums aren't business related - we're here to learn and have some fun!

I don't see any harm in straying off topic now and then. Just my 2c.

+1

Seems like we have a quasi-moderator in our midst. :rant:

Dave

Rufdraft, awatters was right about the subject of off-topic.

And I am sure many others feel the same way. Taking a thread off-topic is somewhat like interupting someones conversation without saying excuse me.

If you want to respond to someone, just simply send a pm or email.

What I requested in this thread is serious to me and I am sure others would like to know as well.

Ussually when a thread goes off-topic, it doesn't get the attention or response it deserves. And it ussually turns into a bashing match due to someone not informing of the off-topic situation in a respectful manner.

If you want to have fun then start a topic leading to just that. But taking a thread off-topic is annoying to those who are serious in what they ask or inform.

Archived