TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I need a towel and a smoke. 800 HP GT500 - Kenne Bell

stump_breaker

Wow. That is impressive.

I have come to the conclusion that anything over 325 - 350 hp would be wasted on me. Above that, I fear that additional power would simple increase the magnitude of the BOOM heard when I did something really stupid...

Amen, brother! ;)

Wow. That is impressive.

I have come to the conclusion that anything over 325 - 350 hp would be wasted on me. Above that, I fear that additional power would simple increase the magnitude of the BOOM heard when I did something really stupid...

:lol::lol::lol:

+1

http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/articl...rticle&aid=3308

28380.jpg

28390.jpg

EDIT: OOPS. Guess I should have put this in the 500 section......sorry.

Stump: I'm worried about you!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who goes 140 MPH in a normally aspirated SGT with 300+ HP should not be reading things about 800 HP! engines. Maybe its best you have to stick your money into roof repairs and not that KenneBell SC you're talkin' about. Wait a minute.....I'm an insurance agent........how about a life insurance policy for your lovely???????????LOL

Regards, Mickey

Stump: I'm worried about you!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who goes 140 MPH in a normally aspirated SGT with 300+ HP should not be reading things about 800 HP! engines.

:lol: Spoken like a true insurance person.

Top end is one thing, getting there is completely different. Besides, I've got that out of my system now. That was just a see-what-it-can-do thing and I will never push it that had again.

If you think 140 is bad, my wifes bosslady (kinda of) has a 2005? GTO - the one that has the Caviler body lines and the 6.0 engine - and was talking she had that car to 160!!

Nope, not me. 140 was enough but 160!!!!

If you will read the article on the car above, 800HP is on race gas. On pump gas it does not make that much power.

Stump: I'm worried about you!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who goes 140 MPH in a normally aspirated SGT with 300+ HP should not be reading things about 800 HP! engines. Maybe its best you have to stick your money into roof repairs and not that KenneBell SC you're talkin' about. Wait a minute.....I'm an insurance agent........how about a life insurance policy for your lovely???????????LOL

Regards, Mickey

Mickey, if you knew how many older guys on Sport bikes regularly top 160 you would stop selling insurance to them, LOL :D I was told that it was picking your spots, knowing whats ahead, and having a card for a traffic attorney, at least thats what they tell me. Still, the track is the place to do this stuff. But...

Forget the speed, how about trying to hook up? Really I think this would be useless unless you were going to tub the car and add slicks or something. Any serious throttle input would want to spin the tires. To me it would be a waste at that hp level, on a SGT. ...my point is that sooner or later you will look cool in the parking lot but have too much power to use.

So saying that please fill us in when you put it on!!!!!! :lol:

Archived