TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Gears - Need Calibration?

RUFDRAFT

My Ford tech told me today I'll need to buy some calibration (speedo) software he'll need when installing the 4.10's.

Any leads on where to find this?

Thanks

Bryan, here's a link to the FRPP dealers in NC, but note that three of them are FRPP Engine Builders... I'm thinking they might have the info you're looking for since it seems like they also do project builds. NC FRPP Dealers and Engine Builders

Also, a typical Superchips, or Hypertech, Diablo-Sport Programmer or similar, should all be able to adjust for ratio changes (I know the Hypertech does). Knowing how complete Roush kits are, I would not be suprised if the chip (or program, depending on method) Roush supplies doesn't prompt for things like gear ratio and loaded wheel radius (though I haven't seen that mentioned) because that could affect the optimum tune. Maybe the folks at Roush can give you some insight on that.

<edit:> Check out this site too: Need 4 Speed catalog. Whipple, Roush, all kinds of goodies. At the bottom of the page if you click new products and and then scroll down to the last item -- it's s speedo calibrator for '04 Mustang, but they may know where to get one for the '07 and, since they sell the Roushcharger kit, might also know if Rousch accommodates calibration as part of the kit, etc.

Good luck :)

If I find aything more specific I'll let you know, bro.

/

My Ford tech told me today I'll need to buy some calibration (speedo) software he'll need when installing the 4.10's.

Any leads on where to find this?

Thanks

Do you know what this will do for your ETs and speed?

Thank you

68 - once again - you have my back!

I called the FRP dealer in Lumberton and the calibration tool will be here Monday!

I'll deal with Roush when they release the '07 version.

Thanks! :rockon:

Blayne - stay tuned! :shift:

I might not have any ET numbers for a few months - but it has to help me get on down the road.

68 - once again - you have my back!

I called the FRP dealer in Lumberton and the calibration tool will be here Monday!

I'll deal with Roush when they release the '07 version.

Thanks! :rockon:

Blayne - stay tuned! :shift:

I might not have any ET numbers for a few months - but it has to help me get on down the road.

my pleasure, bro :party:

Recalibrator came today.

Ford Racing part #M-9731-TO1.

Cool! Now when you get your tire pressures worked out you can synch that puppy up to the loaded wheel radius and know exactly how fast you're going.

From the scenes we don't want to see catagory:

"...and, Mr. Oesterreich, do you know how fast you were going?"

"Uh, well, yes, sir.... 142.79 mph, sir."

"Wha?"

"Well, I calibrated at 75 degrees on a cloudy day, so I could be off by a little, sir."

"Uh huh, well, let's just say 140 in a 65. Is that accurate enough?"

"Uh, yes, sir, close enough."

"And don't ever let me catch you doing that again."

"Uh, no, sir, never again."

:burnout:

:hysterical:

• 1 month later...

Off-topic: I don't remember reading any threads or posts on the top end of a GT.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's shut off electronically.

I have a tradition of running my cars "up top" at least once to say I did it! :shift:

Hey Bryan, according to the Mustang Source it's drag-limited at 147mph -- but that was for the convertible. So I'm guessing it's set at 150 or 155 based on tire rating. I think on the GT it's 'resettable' with a programmer like the DiabloSport but I have no first-hand knowledge. This GT Specs link is where I got the 147mph.

• 1 month later...

Off-topic: I don't remember reading any threads or posts on the top end of a GT.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's shut off electronically.

I have a tradition of running my cars "up top" at least once to say I did it! :shift:

RUF,

I don't know if you have tried it yet, but my 05' shuts down around 124@4600rpm in 4th gear(auto).

Thanks, Lammbo - I haven't been getting email notifications from the site for over a week, so I missed your response.

Yeah - I had mine up past the 140 marker and then backed off. (in 5th)

Not a big deal. I'm not a top end guy - just like to to 0-100 or so. :rockon:

Bryan, I have an auto in my GT. With the Diablosport Tuner I disabled the speed limiter (and moved the redline to 6500 rpms and the shift points to 6200 rpms). Had the car over 100 mph yesterday in a quick burst of 0-100, then let off. Not sure what the top end will be, but with the auto, it'll probably want to keep downshifting out of overdrive thwarting any efforts to find out! The S197 Mustangs are not nearly as aerodynamic as the SN95's were. Our Mach 1's (with the manuals) were good for 168 mph with the speed limiter removed, but the factory speed limiter was 151 mph. I would be surprised if a stock 2005-7 GT stick could top 155 mph (ungoverned) given the upright front end (bricks don't cut the air so well).

Archived