TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GOT VIN#? I do.......

brands5.0

Salesmen just called and gave me my Vin # my order was placed 3/27/06. I am really happy because my car was suposed to be there 2nd car the 1st one was the owners of the dlearships car but he siad mine is going to come in first. I called ford and got a build week of aug 7-14 so i hope to see my car some time in september. I was really worried because this is a really small dealer im michigan, and thought i would be one of the last.. Only problem is i have one he11 of a drive to pick up my car i am in Florida and cars going to be in MI. 13OO MILES one way... Would you fly up and drive back or Should i drive up and tow it back.. :happy feet:

Salesmen just called and gave me my Vin # my order was placed 3/27/06. I am really happy because my car was suposed to be there 2nd car the 1st one was the owners of the dlearships car but he siad mine is going to come in first. I called ford and got a build week of aug 7-14 so i hope to see my car some time in september. I was really worried because this is a really small dealer im michigan, and thought i would be one of the last.. Only problem is i have one he11 of a drive to pick up my car i am in Florida and cars going to be in MI. 13OO MILES one way... Would you fly up and drive back or Should i drive up and tow it back.. :happy feet:

I'd drive it back, you need the break in mileage anyway. You'll see lots of opinions on break-ins, but one thing I'd avoid is CONSTANT speed for too long...vary your speed from 50-70 mph as you're on the highway.

Congrats!

Dave

Congrats brands5.0! I placed my order the same day at a small dealer in CO. Mine is the #1 car and I've still got nothing...material hold and no VIN. I'm going nuts here. :banghead:

You could save alot of miles by getting your dealer to have it DROP SHIPPED to a dealer close to you.

You could save alot of miles by getting your dealer to have it DROP SHIPPED to a dealer close to you.

Tell your dealer to call ASAP and ask for a courtesy delivery. You may still have time. When dealer gets invoice you overnight the funds to him and he approves the drop. Some dealers will even do paperwork for a fee. It might cost $250 or so but well worth it. I did an Excursion that way. Bought it on internet for $200 over invoice then had it delivered to the dealer who wanted full MSRP to order it when they first came in. When it got there I told them I was serious. Holdback alone would have been worth it. Not to be picky but a drop ship usually goes to an upfitter like a rollback wrecker, dump bed , cargo body etc.

Congrats brands5.0! I placed my order the same day at a small dealer in CO. Mine is the #1 car and I've still got nothing...material hold and no VIN. I'm going nuts here. :banghead:

Ordered in March. Dealer is SVT and one of largest stang dealer in region. Contract is for their #2. Have DORA, VIN. Contacted Ford June 29 and was told car was released June 26 with ETA at dealer on July 3! If my math is correct the car has been lost in car transport heaven for 19 days.

Dealer is absolutely worthless. Has no info at all and not offering any ways to try to find out anything. My enthusiasm is fading fast. Btw I am having friends contact the dealer to see if they have a car or when one might be expected. They know nothing.

Sorry for the bad news, but even the release from Ford did not provide any clue regarding delivery.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Larry

Ordered in March. Dealer is SVT and one of largest stang dealer in region. Contract is for their #2. Have DORA, VIN. Contacted Ford June 29 and was told car was released June 26 with ETA at dealer on July 3! If my math is correct the car has been lost in car transport heaven for 19 days.

Dealer is absolutely worthless. Has no info at all and not offering any ways to try to find out anything. My enthusiasm is fading fast. Btw I am having friends contact the dealer to see if they have a car or when one might be expected. They know nothing.

Sorry for the bad news, but even the release from Ford did not provide any clue regarding delivery.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Larry

Yep, mine shows shipped on 6-29, still no car, not that serial numbers have much to do with it but are 20051X. Just hope it comes in before vacation in August now. I want my :censored: Shelby now!!

Archived