TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Well, I'm officially out...

Seahorse

Last word from the dealer on a car arriving next week - still no price set and they're "not sure" even what they're going to do with that car!!! "May keep it in the showroom or sell it"...can you say behind the scene bidding war?

Soooooooo....today I went and bought myself a new 2006 Mercedes Benz AMG SLK55 that was sitting at the local dealer. Picking it up on Monday (that's her birthday - aiming for some brownie points there L*)

Anyway I hope you all get your Shelby's without the drama - it's an awesome car and I would have been more than happy to pay full list for one myself. Unfortunately that seems to not be enough for some dealers out there.

Keep the shiney side up!

That is not a default choice! Great taste and although it is a shame that you got the wire brush in the nethers, you are not alone. Stay close and post some pics please. You may help other folks by reminding Ford customer service what sort of customer they are losing to this foolishness. And yes Ford if you turn down customers at 60+k you are shooting yourself in the foot at maximum distance.....

That is not a default choice! Great taste and although it is a shame that you got the wire brush in the nethers, you are not alone. Stay close and post some pics please. You may help other folks by reminding Ford customer service what sort of customer they are losing to this foolishness. And yes Ford if you turn down customers at 60+k you are shooting yourself in the foot at maximum distance.....

Mercedes + AMG = :yahoo:

When I was ordering my BMW 335i last Friday, the sales person tried to steer me to the 10 cyl. 500 hp BMW M5. Base price over $80K plus $3K+ for gas guzzler tax. Maybe I'll look for a used one and give the 335i to my wife.

So far that's two who've switched from Shelby to German. Are we it?

That is not a default choice! Great taste and although it is a shame that you got the wire brush in the nethers, you are not alone...

OUCH! I can feel that! :wacko: ...*L*

Well for those not familiar with and SLK55 here's a couple pics (not my car, will have lots of those next week - just a couple pics from the net)

slk55.jpg

slk55d.jpg

Mercedes + AMG = :yahoo:

When I was ordering my BMW 335i last Friday, the sales person tried to steer me to the 10 cyl. 500 hp BMW M5. Base price over $80K plus $3K+ for gas guzzler tax. Maybe I'll look for a used one and give the 335i to my wife.

So far that's two who've switched from Shelby to German. Are we it?

M5 :drool: ....maybe there'll be enough of us to form a support group lawdude *L*

M5 :drool: ....maybe there'll be enough of us to form a support group lawdude *L*

Or maybe if the price of Shelbys drops I'll get a Shelby and give her the 335i. ;)

BTW, the M5's 500 horses are from a normally aspirated 5 liter engine. Torque isn't nearly as much as the Shelby.

Or maybe if the price of Shelbys drops I'll get a Shelby and give her the 335i. ;)

BTW, the M5's 500 horses are from a normally aspirated 5 liter engine. Torque isn't nearly as much as the Shelby.

500hp is still 500hp though, just means it has to be kept on the boil more than a higher torque engine like in the Shelby - just a different kind of fun! :shift:

Archived