TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sept. Car and Driver/Shelby convertible

Spying around other sites late last night and find a thread about the sept issue of Car and Driver reviewing a convertible GT500. Not much detail but beware the 1/4 time was 13.4 @ 108mph???? :shrug: No 0-60 time. I just continued drinking heavily. The thread also mentioned a Z06 running 11.7@123mph in a euro car comparo. there were no links to the article. Now what the Heck? The first 05 GT vert ran a 13.7 in June 05 C&D.

How can this be? Do I just need to mod my freakin 06 and give up?? Ruf Draft keep me posted on your Blower investigation (I personally like the Whipple)

Maybe this is not true and I was dreaming last night. I guess we will find out

Spying around other sites late last night and find a thread about the sept issue of Car and Driver reviewing a convertible GT500. Not much detail but beware the 1/4 time was 13.4 @ 108mph???? :shrug: No 0-60 time. I just continued drinking heavily. The thread also mentioned a Z06 running 11.7@123mph in a euro car comparo. there were no links to the article. Now what the Heck? The first 05 GT vert ran a 13.7 in June 05 C&D.

How can this be? Do I just need to mod my freakin 06 and give up?? Ruf Draft keep me posted on your Blower investigation (I personally like the Whipple)

I'm sure if there is any truth to this article, a pulley swap and re-tune will fix your acceleration woes real quick. :D

CRAP! That does it! Anyone want to take my red w/white striped Shelby off my hands. I'm gonna be embarrassed to even have it in my garage. What a slug.

:sos:

bj

VNMOUS1 dont give up until this is confirmed. I would hate to be starting a panic. If true, Yes I will take your car of your hands.

Uh...I wouldn't dream of it. That car is MINE!!!!!

:shift:

bj

The people I've talked to (a number of gear head types) think my GT should run mid to low 12's with the Roush blower - 4.10's and headers/exhaust. Good enough for me.

I wouldn't panic. Wait and see what some members get for numbers when the cars get delivered. Those numbers can't be accurate with 500 hp.

My '03 Mach ran 13.3 stock.

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords, and MotorTrend, were very impressed with the car. I agree, the Car and Driver guys cannot drive. Don't worry, the car is hot. 4.10's would make a big difference. The Muscle Mustang guys ran a 12.257 standing quarter mile @ 117.8 MPH. That was with the stock car. They mentioned the gears also, and that would make a big difference. I would take one in a heartbeat also, if anyone does think the car is a slug, I could help you out and take it off your hands.

:baby: You are KILLIN' me over here with your avatars! :hysterical:

Don't drool too much on the keyboard, might cause some electric shock or something,,,,later,,,,,I have lots more pics,,,,,when I get tired of this babe, I will switch her out....later.

Guest evilchris

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords, and MotorTrend, were very impressed with the car. I agree, the Car and Driver guys cannot drive. Don't worry, the car is hot. 4.10's would make a big difference. The Muscle Mustang guys ran a 12.257 standing quarter mile @ 117.8 MPH. That was with the stock car. They mentioned the gears also, and that would make a big difference. I would take one in a heartbeat also, if anyone does think the car is a slug, I could help you out and take it off your hands.

MM&FF's use an asinine testing protocol though. Powershifting is not a good way to test cars and compare to others. Most people aren't going to try and destroy the car each launch like Evan Smith does. Anytime I read a "test" on a new vehicle where the driver powershifted I stop reading.

MM&FF's use an asinine testing protocol though. Powershifting is not a good way to test cars and compare to others.

Dumb question for you... I'm not sure what "powershifting" is. Is that shifting without using the clutch?

MM&FF's use an asinine testing protocol though. Powershifting is not a good way to test cars and compare to others. Most people aren't going to try and destroy the car each launch like Evan Smith does. Anytime I read a "test" on a new vehicle where the driver powershifted I stop reading.

When Evan comes in, Its to see just how quick the thing can go in the 1/4 during their testing.

Afterall, Everyone else just flat out cannot drive a stick like he can.

No, you use the clutch, but you do not let off the gas.

Thanks for the clarification.

And you better not miss a gear. :fan:

Yeah, no sh :censored: t!! That sounds like a gamble I wouldn't be willing to take.

a good way to burn up your engine. Go for it !!

Ahhhhh, no thanks... I'll leave it to the pro's (or the dumb guys!!).

Seriously - pro drag racers usually use either an auto trans or a Lenko-style shifter to prevent missed shifts and transmission troubles. Or - the street racer types take their chances!

Top fuel rails now don't even shift! :shift:

No need with 8,000 hp.

Seriously - pro drag racers usually use either an auto trans or a Lenko-style shifter to prevent missed shifts and transmission troubles. Or - the street racer types take their chances!

Top fuel rails now don't even shift! :shift:

No need with 8,000 hp.

mmmmm....8000 horsepower (sounds like a homer simpson quote)

Archived