TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My White with Blue has arrived in Cleveland

Just pulled out the checkbook and I'm on my way to Classic Ford in Mentor, Ohio to pick her up....My dealer is a non svt dealer and is only getting 1 or 2 cars....

Pics at 11 :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: See you can be 60 and happy

This is my 1st mustang since my 69 Mach 1 that I purchased in 69....

CONGRADULATIONS MARK !!!!!!!

I am happy to hear they are being distributed again. Haven't heard much on peole getting them.

I can't beleive you can make it home with pics by 11. I know when mine comes in I am taking the day off and driving it for hours!!!!!

Just pulled out the checkbook and I'm on my way to Classic Ford in Mentor, Ohio to pick her up....My dealer is a non svt dealer and is only getting 1 or 2 cars....

Pics at 11 :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: See you can be 60 and happy

This is my 1st mustang since my 69 Mach 1 that I purchased in 69....

Congrats. Tiger Mark2

Give us all the details about the drive home, with some detours, make us drool :drool: :D

DLW

CONGRADULATIONS MARK !!!!!!!

I am happy to hear they are being distributed again. Haven't heard much on peole getting them.

I can't beleive you can make it home with pics by 11. I know when mine comes in I am taking the day off and driving it for hours!!!!!

He probably meant 11 pm.

Here is the story so far.... The car looked better from 10 feet then I remembered from the Detroit show. I was concerned that the color combo would be plain vanilla. In fact it is quite stately. The owner of the dealership drove it b4 I got there and said it was quick...little did he know the supercharger wasn't yet programmed to work...something I never knew about.

The build quality is excellant inside and out. I like the interior as much as my 02 M3.

Now for the drive. I stalled it at the dealership...must have been too many people watching. After that debacle I got the hang of it quickly. The engine is quiter than the Cobras that I remember at leasat at idle. Start to rev her and she realy purs. I am confused on the breakin period....my brother a real car buff says be gentle or i'll have ring problems....the ford folks say its ready. Any input.

I used some caution driving as far as speed....however even a quarter pedal up to 4000 RPM in 3rd or 4th gear brought the G's to both my son and my body. The torque is overwhelming and yes it is alive and well in every gear.

The only concern I may have is that R is next to 5th gear. To go into R is very ez idling. I want to know if there is a lock out of R when you are driving. I didn't shift into 5th yet for that reason.]

This car is awesome....I have had some great cars but this is killer...trust me.

I am getting help figuring how to download from my digital to this site...bear with me.

I can't wait to punch this baby and watch her smoke at least once or twice :bandance: :bandance:

The only concern I may have is that R is next to 5th gear. To go into R is very ez idling. I want to know if there is a lock out of R when you are driving. I didn't shift into 5th yet for that reason.]

Do not worry, It wont go in reverse at speed. R is in the same place on my 04 Cobra.

Pay attention to how far you have to push over to get R. Get up to speed (when its time for 5th) and it wont go that far. :shift:

Help..how do you download pics...i set up a new file but it won't load it into this area...help

Not sure what you mean by a "new file". However, you first need to save the pics to your computer in a .jpg or other similar format. Then, when typing your memo in the forum, there is a button under where you type that says "Browse...". CLick on this, find the file on your pc, say ok, then click on "Add this attachment" and it should work.

We're waaaaiiiiitttttinnnnnng. :bandance:

Dave

Archived