TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I got Good News & I got Bad News?

Good news 1st – I just returned from my dealer where he keeps telling me that I’m #2 on the list & that they are selling me the car at MSRP. Guy #1 called me yesterday needing ordering info on the car because he got a call from this same dealer yesterday saying it’s time to Order your Shelby. :yahoo: He asked me if I had been contacted yet by him to order mine? I said NO, but I will wait to see if he calls me yet today with more info.

Well… yesterday has past & gone & NO good word or call came. :cry: I then went their today to inquirer about the ordering status for Guy #1 & myself. The Sales person proceeded to tell me that Yes; Guy #1 did place his order today with 5k down. :happy feet:

Now the Bad News – I said can I order mine now then? As he tried to look me in the eye he spoke softly & said….Well No not yet. :banghead: I said WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOT YET? :cry: You are getting (2) are you not? Yes were getting (2) but we can ONLY order them when the regional representative says we can & when he called yesterday he said you better get your order in by Thursday (which went to Guy #1). I said what about my order? :censored:

Well….. Your car has been put into a lottery & it could be 2 weeks or 6 months before you can order it. But we have to wait to see when that is. :banghead: I said... why do I have to wait for a regional representative to say when I can order or “If I can order”? He just shrugged his shoulders & said I don’t know? :shrug:

He then proceeded to tell me that they have received at least 10 calls over the past 3 weeks from other BIG CITY dealers trying to buy their Shelby’s for $10,000 over sticker. :nonono: The owner was even their & walked up & asked what I planned on doing with the car & I said put it in the garage & only drive it a few thousand miles a year why. (I think he was wondering if I planned on flipping it for some quick cash) He said are you sure? :headscratch: I said YES! :yup:

The salesperson next to me then said look (refering to the owner) and pointed to the rear of my 97 Cobra & said ...see he’s already got the plate for it! (07SHELB) the owner then mumbled something & walked away in discuss. :censored:

:sos: What I need to know from any of you new car dealers is what you know about this dealer lottery & when it begins? And WHY does your regional representatives tell you when you can order & when you can’t?

Any & all information will help keep me from blowing a gasket at this point. :soapbox::ohsnap:

Good news 1st – I just returned from my dealer where he keeps telling me that I’m #2 on the list & that they are selling me the car at MSRP. Guy #1 called me yesterday needing ordering info on the car because he got a call from this same dealer yesterday saying it’s time to Order your Shelby. He asked me if I had been contacted yet by him to order mine? I said NO, but I will wait to see if he calls me yet today with more info.

Well… yesterday has past & gone & NO good word or call came. :cry: I then went their today to inquirer about the ordering status for Guy #1 & myself. The Sales person proceeded to tell me that Yes; Guy #1 did place his order today with 5k down. :happy feet:

Now the Bad News – I said can I order mine now then? :D As he tried to look me in the eye he spoke softly & said….Well No not yet. I said WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOT YET? :rant: You are getting (2) are you not? Yes were getting (2) but we can ONLY order them when the regional representative says we can & when he called yesterday he said you better get your order in by Thursday (which went to Guy #1). I said what about my order?

Well….. Your car has been put into a lottery & it could be 2 weeks or 6 months before you can order it. :rant: But we have to wait to see when that is. I said... why do I have to wait for a regional representative to say when I can order or “If I can order”? He just shrugged his shoulders & said I don’t know? :shrug:

He then proceeded to tell me that they have received at least 10 calls over the past 3 weeks from other BIG CITY dealers trying to buy their Shelby’s for $10,000 over sticker. :nonono: The owner was even their & walked up & asked what I planned on doing with the car & I said put it in the garage & only drive it a few thousand miles a year why. (I think he was wondering if I planned on flipping it for some quick cash) He said are you sure? I said YES!

The salesperson next to me then said look (refering to the owner) and pointed to the rear of my 97 Cobra & said ...see he’s already got the plate for it! (07SHELB) the owner then mumbled something & walked away in discuss.

What I need to know from any of you new car dealers is what you know about this dealer lottery & when it begins? And WHY does your regional representatives tell you when you can order & when you can’t? Any & all information will help keep me from blowing a gasket at this point. :soapbox:

Coldwater,

This is a bit confusing and hard to follow, but it sounds like you are getting screwed (I hope I'm wrong).

CC

coldwater,

the reason they told you that there were other dealers calling on the car is cause

they have decided to make some extra $$$ on the car... Only the G.M. or owner

can decide this..... My advice is speak with the General Manager!!!!!!! :rant:

I do very much hope it works out for you :party:

coldwater,

the reason they told you that there were other dealers calling on the car is cause

they have decided to make some extra $$$ on the car... Only the G.M. or owner

can decide this..... My advice is speak with the General Manager!!!!!!! :rant:

I do very much hope it works out for you :party:

The GM is the Owner! :rant:

Can you speak with him face to face :shrug:

I tried but he just walked away mumbling something....plus the salesman told me later his dad owns the auto group & that His son (Mr. Dickhead) runs this Ford dealership & is the same one that walked away from me. :rant: They just keep claiming it's all because of the regional representative.. What's Up with That?

The small dealership where I have bought three SVT vehicles and many other Fords had a very early order/delivery date in the order bank. (Not for me.) It got "held" because larger dealerships in the area complained that "small guy" is getting a Shelby before "big guys." A years-long Ford contact (this dealership was one of the original SVT dealers in 1992 or whenever SVT started) said, "you basically got screwed."

Me thinks that's happening to Coldwater, but I hope not.

I tried but he just walked away mumbling something....plus the salesman told me later his dad owns the auto group & that His son (Mr. Dickhead) runs this Ford dealership & is the same one that walked away from me. :rant: They just keep claiming it's all because of the regional representative.. What's Up with That?

If he walked away from you then he is Mr. Dicksuck,

the rep. has nothing to do with who's getting the car.(as consumer)

If they were truly honest, they would be up- front :rant:

WHAT A BUNCH OF F:censored:IN PUSSYS

Coldwater, I'm in a similar situation. I put down a $1000 deposit and I am #2 on the dealers list. My dealer did call me and ask what options I wanted. He also said that he has my order confirmed but did not have a DORA. He is a SVT Focus dealer that should get 2 cars.

Coldwater, I'm in a similar situation. I put down a $1000 deposit and I am #2 on the dealers list. My dealer did call me and ask what options I wanted. He also said that he has my order confirmed but did not have a DORA. He is a SVT Focus dealer that should get 2 cars.

Mine is a SVT Focus dealer also who got Shelby certified with my help & knowledge from this forum board! I have even offered to let them place my car in the show room (roped off & locked up) so they can draw in show room traffic for a month or two so they can pounce on new customers so they don't have to chase them all over the lot when they drive in & around.. :shift:

Coldwater, I don't understand why your dealer stated that your car will be allocated thru a lottery. If he is a SVT Focus dealer he should be getting two GT500s in his allocation before any lottery.

I don't understand it either, But when the salesperson can't answer my questions as to why a lottery & he doesn't know..I just have to say ok to keep peace btw. us so I can attempt to get my car at MSRP w/o pissing them off ,so I can gather more info & have all the facts when I return in the next day or two for round #2 about ordering (actually #365+) but who's counting.

Please... any help from a ford dealer would be greatly appreiated right now?

Five Oh B?

ISELLFORDS?

heck even BUDFORD will do :hysterical:

If you have something in writing, I would strongly suggest making a strong stand against them if they try to back out. You can get your way. Trust me, I speak from experience!

Guy #1 didn't get anything in writing nor would they give him anything either.... I'm in the same boat as he was but at least they honored their word to him. I have tried many, many times to get something in writing but they will not do it. Maybe they have been down this road before on a GT or something & they lost? I just don't know what's going on but I plan on seeing Guy#1 tomorrow to see his DORA & tell him if he's a priority 10 or 40? that should add some light to what kind of treatment he is getting & if I need a hitman :hysterical: .

I put in my order 5/5/06 at "the oldest dealer in Ms." They are a small dealership. I paid the $1500 dealer certification fee and helped him take the "test". That afternoon I had an order confermation printout.

Then on 6/19/06 he sent me another VOC with all the price list for the car and stuff I ordered on the GT 500.

A few days later I followed up with a phone call to him - that is when he told me about the "lottery" - that the PA dealer and such would recieve their cars first,etc. I would be getting my car built and delivered by the luck of the draw.

So I'm just waiting.

I don't know anything else, especially about #2 orders.

I tune into this forum several times a day and check on things.

THANKS EVERYONE for the info.

I put in my order 5/5/06 at "the oldest dealer in Ms." They are a small dealership. I paid the $1500 dealer certification fee and helped him take the "test". That afternoon I had an order confermation printout.

Oldest dealer in Ms? Is that a gray-haired guy sitting at a blackjack table? :lol:

:hysterical: hard to get the PTL on rabbit ears.

Seriously they seemed to go out of their way to provide me with the reciept for the deposit, VOC, and even a copy of the cert test.

They also sell Dodge - maby someone who backs out of the Shelby can order a challenger from them.

Coldwater....according tho this post by drlovegun under the "read This" post in this section...he states

The message below is taken directly from the letter my dealership mailed to me. Does anyone know what a Fair Share dealer is? Is this type dealer exempt from certification requirments?

Scheduling Priority

1st WAVE of scheduling

The following dealers will each get 1 unit scheduled before their second unit is scheduled.

SVT full line dealers (ranked by 2005 CY Mustang sales)

SVT Focus dealers '' '' '' '' '' '

President Award Winners " " " "

2nd wave of scheduling

After scheduling 1 unit for each of the SVT and President's Award Winners, the following groups will be placed in a lottery each month. Scheduling will be based upon a percentage of allocation assigned to each group.

SVT full line dealers-2nd unit 40%

Fair Share dealers 40%

Certified dealers 20%

So it would seem coldwater that the guy #1 got the car in the 1st WAVE of scheduling priority and the #2 car unfortunately falls in the 2nd wave of scheduling which by reading the above (if this information is correct) is done by a monthly lottery.......

Good luck and keep us posted...

paul

Guy #1 didn't get anything in writing nor would they give him anything either.... I'm in the same boat as he was but at least they honored their word to him. I have tried many, many times to get something in writing but they will not do it. Maybe they have been down this road before on a GT or something & they lost? I just don't know what's going on but I plan on seeing Guy#1 tomorrow to see his DORA & tell him if he's a priority 10 or 40? that should add some light to what kind of treatment he is getting & if I need a hitman :hysterical: .

whether or not they are in a lottery they can still order the car. The dealer will just not know the exact build until his name comes up in lottery.

My local dealership has ordered 4 cars so far. The first one has been built and the second my PL is going to be built in next couple weeks. other orders have been sent and are guaranteed for 07 model run they just do not know exactly when.

Sounds like your dealer is having second thoughts about making a few more bucks

whether or not they are in a lottery they can still order the car. The dealer will just not know the exact build until his name comes up in lottery.

My local dealership has ordered 4 cars so far. The first one has been built and the second my PL is going to be built in next couple weeks. other orders have been sent and are guaranteed for 07 model run they just do not know exactly when.

Sounds like your dealer is having second thoughts about making a few more bucks

I think he has had at least (10) thoughts over the last 3 weeks & will have many more until I can get it in writing (like that's ever going to happen) or someone just steps up & offers him so much $$$,$$$.00 that he can't resist to coming out & telling me Tuff "Fing" luck Chuck!.

This is starting to get out of hand again & it shows that the FORDSTAR (FordJob1) powerpoint presentation that you can down load on this site, has fallen on deaf ears with most dealers about keeping a POSITIVE CUSTOMER IMAGE when selling this car. I'm heading out soon to go see Guy #1 so I can find out what he knows based on his face to face dealings with them & then I'll stop by the dealership one last time (at least for this week) and see if they can expand apon the lottery & this 1st wave & 2nd wave crap. If some dealers are getting (4) cars that means they will get their 3 cars before my dealer can even order mine which could be May of next year & all I can say is I'm about 2 Psi from blowing a gasket and needing a major overhaul. Maybe writing a letter to FORD (again) & getting the media involved & askig for fellow members to get involved might help & then, maybe, just maybe we can gain some national light on WHY FORD IS LOSING CUSTOMERS & DYING! One Bold Move deserves another or an Eye for an Eye! :rant:

I think he has had at least (10) thoughts over the last 3 weeks & will have many more until I can get it in writing (like that's ever going to happen) or someone just steps up & offers him so much $$$,$$$.00 that he can't resist to coming out & telling me Tuff "Fing" luck Chuck!.

This is starting to get out of hand again & it shows that the FORDSTAR (FordJob1) powerpoint presentation that you can down load on this site, has fallen on deaf ears with most dealers about keeping a POSITIVE CUSTOMER IMAGE when selling this car. I'm heading out soon to go see Guy #1 so I can find out what he knows based on his face to face dealings with them & then I'll stop by the dealership one last time (at least for this week) and see if they can expand apon the lottery & this 1st wave & 2nd wave crap. If some dealers are getting (4) cars that means they will get their 3 cars before my dealer can even order mine which could be May of next year & all I can say is I'm about 2 Psi from blowing a gasket and needing a major overhaul. Maybe writing a letter to FORD (again) & getting the media involved & askig for fellow members to get involved might help & then, maybe, just maybe we can gain some national light on WHY FORD IS LOSING CUSTOMERS & DYING! One Bold Move deserves another or an Eye for an Eye! :rant:

Coldwater....you may or may not have a contract as you sit. For contracts over $500, you typically must have it in writing. But "in writing" is not completely clear. Contracts do not have to specify all business terms and they do not necesarily have to have signatures. The behavior of the parties is critical. So, if you haven't done so already, writing a letter to your dealer "confirming" your deal, its terms, and the reason you gave them a deposit may not be such a bad idea. In your letter, ask them to please immediately correct any inaccuracies with respect to your understanding of your agreement.

My dealer was very slow putting anything in writing. Every few days, I would send them something in writing confirming our deal (...after I initially gave them a deposit with nothing in writing). And I kept pressing them verbally to acknowledge my letters with something in writing. Eventually I received a letter confirming they were selling me a 2007 at MSRP. But, I still do not have a "contract" in the traditional form of a purchase agreement. Nevertheless, my attorney tells me what I have, in its entirety, constitutes a contract and would likely have constituted a contract without a letter from the dealer because I put the terms in writing, the dealer accepted my deposit, and the behavior of the parties is consistent with us having agreed to the terms I had written.

I'm not an attorney....and it could be I've received bad advice from my attorney. If you're concerned about this, though, it's probablly worth a couple of hundred dollars to consult someone with the appropriate knowledge.

OK.... I just got back from meeting with Guy#1 & what I found out is that he was told the excact samething I was & asked the same questions about selling this car after he buys it. he said he was insulted because they know he has (13) vehicles or toys in storage & 1/2 of them came from them.

I asked if he got a DORA & he said NO! :doh:

All they gave me was a receipt for his 5k deposit :doh:

They then called him this morning (before I got their) & told him he could not have the Shaker 1000 in the Coupe he ordered? I said WHAT? he then replied " I remembered what you told me about not being able to get in the the Convertible but you could in the Coupe, so I then called them back & said look into it, I still want it"

They said they would have to check with the regional representative before they commit to it....well he got a call while I was their & they said OK we will order that way but if for some reason it gets held up becasue of the shaker 1000 were changing the order to get it with a 500 & then it will get here quicker. He agreed, but I feel their not even going to attempt to order it the way he wants. I told him to go in and ask for a DORA to confirm his order with HIS OPTIONS he ordered just so he knew it was all legit. He thanked me for my help & said when it comes in I'm calling you & were going for a ride together :shift: YEAH :cheerleader: :bandance:

Moral of the story... get everything you can in writing to make sure your not being had by a smartass, greedy dealer like this one who wants to tell you what you can get & what you can't.

The name of this thread reminds me of a joke.

An old guy takes his wife to the doctor. She goes back into the exam room. 30 minutes later the doc comes out and says to the husband...."Mr. RUFDRAFT, I have good news and I have bad news. You see, your wife has lockjaw." RUFDRAFT says..."so what's the bad news?"

:fan::hysterical:

Archived