TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Please Post Your 1/4 mile ETs and Speeds

mffarrell

I am just curious what these beasts are turning in the 1/4 mile. I want to have SAI install install a Paxton SC on my 07 so it will match my 1966 GT-350 S. The last time that I raced the 66 was at the Fremont strip back in the 70's with the best time in the mid 13's.

I am just curious what these beasts are turning in the 1/4 mile. I want to have SAI install install a Paxton SC on my 07 so it will match my 1966 GT-350 S. The last time that I raced the 66 was at the Fremont strip back in the 70's with the best time in the mid 13's.

You should be getting mid 13's without the S/C with a stick car and maybe mid to high 13's with an auto................ :)

I suck at driving my stick SGT (Always raced with autos) and the last time out in the 1/4 blowin the tires off in 1st and 2nd, i was low 14.100 if i remember correctly, but like i said, i suck at driving mine at the track. Not enough seat time because i dont race it that often. :)

The stock SGT does 13.5-13.6 secs in the 1/4 mile according to Motor Trend.

On my first time down the track, ever, in any car, in mine, with S/C, but no other options, I did a 14.51 at 99 mph. I spent much much time spinning my street tires at the launch, plus, I pulled off before the end of the run because I'd never done it before and my only knowledge are the wrecks I've seen on TV. Enough excuses?

On the upside, I was catching the new Corvette in the other lane (after I finally "hooked up" (learning the terms) and before I let off at the end).

I'm no drag racing expert, but wouldn't the tire spinning problem be improved if the T/C were on?

I was actually quicker with it off.............. :)

By the time the TC lets the timing back in your already movin slow then when you hit 2nd, and the TC hits again, your already slow. The track was also not to great because of the way they prepped it. I was getting better traction on the street. :)

I was actually quicker with it off.............. :)

By the time the TC lets the timing back in your already movin slow then when you hit 2nd, and the TC hits again, your already slow. The track was also not to great because of the way they prepped it. I was getting better traction on the street. :)

makes you wonder how they got the 13.5ish times. Obviously they were not using the stock tires 'cause I can't even pull out of the parking lot without spinning most of the time. They are not very sticky.

makes you wonder how they got the 13.5ish times. Obviously they were not using the stock tires 'cause I can't even pull out of the parking lot without spinning most of the time. They are not very sticky.

Maybe before the testing they sprayed a ton of VHT on the track? :)

How does the t/c work in these cars, i.e., does it apply brakes, cut fuel, retard timing, or ... ???

How does the t/c work in these cars, i.e., does it apply brakes, cut fuel, retard timing, or ... ???

I might be wrong but im pretty sure it pulls timing out and some other peramiters until the computer senses no more spin from the speed sensors then adds it all back in. Its alot more fun with out it :) If i go on long road trips where im carving corner's i leave it on because you never know whats around the next bend :)

Are you planning on some burnouts or something ilmor? :)

Are you planning on some burnouts or something ilmor? :)

:lol: no, I was just curious...I've only "gotten on it" maybe 2 times so far, and didn't even think about the t/c. Maybe my experiences would not have been so smooth and civil had I turned it off...??

The system operates by detecting and controlling

wheel spin. The system borrows many of the electronic and mechanical

elements already present in the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS).

Wheel-speed sensors allow excess rear wheel spin to be detected by the

Traction Control portion of the ABS computer. Any excessive wheel

spin is controlled by automatically applying and releasing the rear brakes

in conjunction with engine torque reductions.

14.05 @102mph yesterday at Alabama International Dragway. Spinning through 1 and 2 gears. My buddy in the other lane was in his GT500 and ran 12.95 @109 mph. The old days of dumping the clutch came back like driving a bicycle. Should have been a little easy on the starting line and might have ran a better time......

14.05 @102mph yesterday at Alabama International Dragway. Spinning through 1 and 2 gears. My buddy in the other lane was in his GT500 and ran 12.95 @109 mph. The old days of dumping the clutch came back like driving a bicycle. Should have been a little easy on the starting line and might have ran a better time......

Hey! Timmyer was your friend running slicks or stock tires or he's a better driver, Only kidding.

Both cars are bone stock with orginal tires.............It might be that 5.4 with a S/C........He might think he is a better driver.....................

Isn't it amazing what an additional 180~ HP can do! ;)

Look at it this way, you were only 1.1 seconds behind "the fastest production Mustang ever".

With good tires you should be only .50~ seconds behind!

I don't need no stinking super charger!

I agree! If I were to do any mods my wish list would be....

New CAI and more aggressive tune

Underdrive pulleys

Upper and lower rear control arms

Shelby gunmetal razors

Big brakes brakes front and rear

Front and rear brake cooling ducts (when they become available)

But I'm happy for now.

I don't need no stinking super charger!

Me either........ I bought this baby for the looks it gets and the fun of driving her. Just was at the track with some buddies and having a little fun.............

Archived