TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Windows are tinted

Looks good but Ford shame on you for not offering the black stripes :rant: And the ride height!! could somebody please measure from the top of the front tire to the wheel lip? Maybe the rear too? I need to get a handle on how long real world springs are going to need to be. Thanks.

Looks good but Ford shame on you for not offering the black stripes :rant: And the ride height!! could somebody please measure from the top of the front tire to the wheel lip? Maybe the rear too? I need to get a handle on how long real world springs are going to need to be. Thanks.

I read a quote from a Ford engineer (I think it was in Fast Ford & Mustangs?) that the ride height will drop after the car is broken in a bit.

103_tint_1.jpg

Sweet!

I read a quote from a Ford engineer (I think it was in Fast Ford & Mustangs?) that the ride height will drop after the car is broken in a bit.

¿Another feature of the Shelby GT500 that enhances the handling integrity? Dang, these cars are packed with all kinds of goodies.

JB

The car will drop??? :banghead:

Not likely.

+1

If the car "drops" by more than about .005 inches over the first year, call "Ripleys Believe It or Not". I did suspension work for years. The only "drop" you get is when you first let the car down off the lift, you have to "jounce" the suspension a couple times to get the suspension to settle.

Dave

+1

If the car "drops" by more than about .005 inches over the first year, call "Ripleys Believe It or Not". I did suspension work for years. The only "drop" you get is when you first let the car down off the lift, you have to "jounce" the suspension a couple times to get the suspension to settle.

Dave

And just to prove it if you go to the new SVT site with the car as its only focus, the ride height is listed as TALLER than the Stang GT!! :rolleyes: The car will only drop if you invest some time and money into springs and isolators. :mad:

Archived