TEAM SHELBY FORUM

some info for rufdraft and others with/getting mustang gt

"the freak 05 mustang

sat. at the vamp race. middle of the day, best pass ever.

12.68@106.6 1.74 60'

sunday

12.73@106.2 1.68 60'

12.79@105.8 1.76 60'

12.76@105.4 1.74 60'

mods= jlt cold air, upr x-pipe, dyno max ultra flow mufflers, 4.10 gears, hurst shifter, excal. 2 programmer. BMR lower control arms. mickey E.T streets."

it sounds like you can keep it NA and still have a real beast. those are great 60' times by the way.

John

here's a link to some photos

mustang photos

remember the temps were in the high 90s this past weekend.

KCMO - hehehehe....! :rockon:

I'll be seein' y'all - real soon, you hear? :shift:

I thought you might enjoy that little bit of information. High HP is not the only game in town when it comes to good track times. Just one of many. If that car had been running in the cooler Fall temperatures, I think we would have seen mid 12s easily. I'm looking forward to seeing your numbers with mild boost. Who knows, with how Ford is handling the small dealer allotments, I may have to do something similar while waiting for my shelby.

take care now, John

ps what did you think of the photos, I thought they were good. Very tough looking car on the strip. Did you notice the wrinkling on the rear tires??

Blue Oval - you're killin' me :hysterical::hysterical:

Hunting Cobwas! :hysterical: Killin' me!

KCMO - yes - quick times are a lot of things - including driver and technique.

I'm not out to prove anything - just have an affordable hot rod to make me smile on the way to work (and perhaps spank a butt now and then...). :happy feet:

Photos - yes! Wrinkled tires means torque!

Jesus - I'm still laughing about Elmer Fudd! :hysterical:

Blue Oval - you're killin' me :hysterical::hysterical:

Hunting Cobwas! :hysterical: Killin' me!

KCMO - yes - quick times are a lot of things - including driver and technique.

I'm not out to prove anything - just have an affordable hot rod to make me smile on the way to work (and perhaps spank a butt now and then...). :happy feet:

Photos - yes! Wrinkled tires means torque!

Jesus - I'm still laughing about Elmer Fudd! :hysterical:

we are all giving away our ages. :hysterical:

I mentioned Barney Google (for you youngsters, part of the Snuffy Smith comic) to my family the other day, and they couldn't figure out why I was talking about giving a first name to a search engine

Ruf - you are gonna have a fine ride, no doubt about that. If time or circumstances permit, maybe also even the next great thing beyond the shelby someday. Sometimes the best thing to happen is a closed door. I am trying hard to be philosophical about how long it will take for my small dealer to actually get a shelby. I'm thinking that if it takes long enough, maybe I will hear something about a better 08 or 09 that will make it worth my while to wait. You never know

Absolutely.

I gotta tell ya - I'm a little disappointed that I can't swing a Shelby at the moment - but I've never had more fun adding goodies to the GT. It'll be a one-of. Mine. Designed by me. The techs at my Ford store are bugging me about when it's getting delivered. Ford Guys, you dig? Giddyup! :shift::hysterical:

UPS just came - headers and springs! :cheerleader:

Archived