TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many users are existing SVT owners?

JETSOLVER

Just wondering as things build momentum here how many folks are going to be Ford's repeat loyalty buyers. The reason I ask is the terminator COBRA's seem to be a different buyer than those of use who bought back when the whole thing was still up in the air.

post-142-1124218702_thumb.jpg

post-142-1124218702_thumb.jpg

I currently have an 04 terminator, but it is my first SVT product. I use to have an 03 GT, an 02 V6, a 95 Explorer, and a 90 5.0 Lx. I think I am Ford Loyal, but maybe not SVT loyal as I just ordered an 06 GT. Then again I sure wouldnt mind having a Lightning.

I am very curious how you feel about the whole experiance. Part of the reason I bought mine was the track days and service thing. They were selling a lifestyle. What did you like/dislike about things? Now is the time to fix these things B4 the next gen. of SVT hits the streets. PS show off your wheels!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I have 2 cobra's. My first cobra is a White 97 Coupe with saddle inter. The car just rolled to 14000 orig. miles. Only mods done were Borla Exhast and K&N Cold Air Induction.

Second and most recent cobra I own is my 2004 Mystichrome Convertable. No Mods and 1200 Miles on it.

None of which have ever seen rain or snow or salt or sand.

I have a 02 F-150 Lariet for the snow and rain. The wife drives a 01 ZX2. She wants to upgrade to an Explorer or Aviator. I told her to wait a bit with fuel prices.

I really want a '07 GT500 but dont think i will have the $. Is it going to be made just one year or is it going to be more?

Is it going to be made just one year or is it going to be more?

284[/snapback]

I assume that we will have a few years of this varient, then somekind of upgrade when sales start to taper off. With several other SE's in the works I wonder how long it will take to get back to MSRP(call it 40k) @ 7000 cars a year? And its good to see repeat buyers. I doubt it means much to FORD but I am on my 6th.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey SVT owners, let me introduce myself. I currentlly own a `97 mustang cobra vert It was #2095 of 3088 convertibles produced that year. It`s Pacific green w/ saddle interior, one of only 265 ever made in this color. I bought it from the original owner in April `04 w/27k miles on it. It`s stock except for a pro-5 0 shifter, K-N filter, denso Irridium spark plugs, and 255/40`s Toyo Proxes-4`s on `03 cobra rims. tom t

• 4 weeks later...

Bought my first and only Cobra in 1995. Production for those first few years was about 5000 units and it was an exclusive club. But when Cobra production hit 10,000 units a year and they basically didn't change anything from 1996 to 1999 it lost the glow.

• 1 month later...

1995 SVT Mustang Cobra Coupe (1 of 4005)

#1490 of 5260

Rio Red; Black Interior; Cloth Seats (1 of 110)

Last of the 5.0L Mustangs

105,000 miles and still ticking.

I really like this car a lot. I have done a few up grades but not too many.

1. 2-10" White LeMans Stripes

2. Caster & Camber Plates

3. Eibach Springs

And that's about it for modifications. I bought this car used from Carmax with only 6000 miles on it in 1998 and it has been my daily driver for 7 years.

I will have to post a pic later.

• 4 months later...

Well I have 2 cobra's. My first cobra is a White 97 Coupe with saddle inter. The car just rolled to 14000 orig. miles. Only mods done were Borla Exhast and K&N Cold Air Induction.

Second and most recent cobra I own is my 2004 Mystichrome Convertable. No Mods and 1200 Miles on it.

None of which have ever seen rain or snow or salt or sand.

I have a 02 F-150 Lariet for the snow and rain. The wife drives a 01 ZX2. She wants to upgrade to an Explorer or Aviator. I told her to wait a bit with fuel prices.

I really want a '07 GT500 but dont think i will have the $. Is it going to be made just one year or is it going to be more?

I would love to be able to order a 2007 GT500 and if I could find a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra Coupe.

I am not an SVT owner nad never have been. Looking forward to joining the family, though.

Not to sound stupid, but I thought I was pretty knowledgeable in cars. But what is the Terminator Cobra?

I would love to be able to order a 2007 GT500 and if I could find a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra Coupe.

I am not an SVT owner nad never have been. Looking forward to joining the family, though.

Not to sound stupid, but I thought I was pretty knowledgeable in cars. But what is the Terminator Cobra?

Welcome. No question is stupid,and the answer is that this was Ford's internal code name for the 03 COBRA. Pictures have been spotted with parts for the car in crates marked "Terminator". Terminator history/MM&FF And an Excellent article on SVT(From the book by Campisano) SVT/MM&FF

My '98 Cobra is my 4th Mustang, and only SVT (Yes, if you read my signature that means I've only parted with one of the 4, another '77, and the Cobra II was my first car which I've never parted with). The '98 was two years old when I bought it, and the newest car I've ever owned. I've said for years that my first new car was going to be the fastest Mustang produced, and now here comes the Shelby GT 500. I will sell/trade my '98, and thankfully can afford the Shelby if I get it at or very close to MSRP.

I've got 72k miles on the '98, and many mods. I plan to mod and drive the Shelby as well.

:shift:

• 5 months later...

I have just picked up my third Mustang!

1) Yellow 1965 Mustang 2+2

4 barrel 289 Engine

4 speed manual transmition

3.00 rear end

Ran in Autocrossing (Solo II) in early 70's

2) Black 1990 Mustang Hatchback

EFI 302 Engine

Hand me down from third son.

3) Black 1999 Mustng Cobra SVT

EFI DOHC 4.6 liter Engine

My new baby, not even licenced yet, hopefully today.

Dale Sikes

• 2 weeks later...

03 10th Anniversary Cobra is my third Mustang.

99 Cobra was my 2nd Mustang.

70 Boss 302 was my 1st Mustang.

63 1/2 Galaxie 390/4-speed/3:89 Trac-Lock all from the factory was my first car after returning from Nam in 67 with a pocket full of money.

Had an 85 Turbo Coupe and a 90 Super Coupe between the Mustangs and a couple of basic transportation Fords between them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wondering as things build momentum here how many folks are going to be Ford's repeat loyalty buyers. The reason I ask is the terminator COBRA's seem to be a different buyer than those of use who bought back when the whole thing was still up in the air.

I know this is an old topic, but I just picked up a mint '01 Cobra Convertible, with 21k miles on it. It's a great car. I can't justify the additional expense for a new Shelby. The car has excellent performance and bang for my buck.

I just bought, this weekend, an 04 Mysti Terminator. This would be my second mustang, previous was a 2000 V6, and my third Ford, my second being 05 F250

PS. Do you have the breakdown of colors for the 03-04 Cobra's? I know the mysti was around 1000 but I believe Screaming Yellow, I think its called, and Racing Orange, were like in 400-500 range. Just curious to know color breakdown. Thanks

I'm a repeat buyer.

Mustangs & SVT products I've owned.

1986 Mustang GT

1988 Mustang GT

1993 SVT Lightning

1996 SVT Cobra

1999 SVT Cobra

2000 SVT Lightning (currently own)

2003 Mustang Mach 1

2007 Shelby GT00 (currently own)

Currently own

1968 Shelby GT350

1969 Shelby GT500

Besides my Shelby, I have five other mustangs. One of which is a 96 Mystic Cobra. Its a real fun car to drive and I feel better driving it and putting miles on it than I do my Shelby.

I like my Shelby a whole lot more..........................

I'll always be Ford loyal. Don't know about SVT. I would really like to have an 06 GT.

CB

cobra_lo_res_1.jpg

cobra_lo_res_1.jpg

• 6 months later...

Archived