TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any of this look familliar?

RogerS

With the comparison posted on the BlackJack by AOD, for short, and the post I had made regarding What If?

Take a look at this link on the soon to be released Roush Track Pack. Look at the hood and front grille and read the options.

Very interesting. You think?

http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38076

With the comparison posted on the BlackJack by AOD, for short, and the post I had made regarding What If?

Take a look at this link on the soon to be released Roush Track Pack. Look at the hood and front grille and read the options.

Very interesting. You think?

http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38076

Well...Even though I am a true Shelby Fan, that Roush is a nice car, BECAUSE IT LOOKS AND ACTS LIKE A SHELBY!!!!! But with that being said it still does NOT look as clean and sharp as the SGT., Still a little too edgy for me. B)

I thought it was interesting that last week Adam and I had posted about the Roush BlackJack and a GT350 R.

I pull up this link and I see a Roush Stage3 with a similar grille to the SGT, hood pins, rear seat delete, 4point roll bar, adjustable suspension etc. Maybe the SGT is competition in Roush's eyes and they have been quick to react. Another car for a niche. Their offerings are getting larger.

I'll still take my SGT though

Overstyled I think...and it doesn't look as low and sleek as a SGT. Does it have a suspension package that lowers the car?

Overstyled I think...and it doesn't look as low and sleek as a SGT. Does it have a suspension package that lowers the car?

The post states that it has adjustable front and rear suspension. Shocks and rear springs. I'm thinking coilovers.

• 1 month later...

One thing that always stick out when I look at Roush car are the ugly wheels. The wheels are SO 1990s. I'd rather have a nice looking retro look wheel than the flat faced ugly Roush wheels. I think there cars would look alot better and probably sell better with a modern looking wheel or an attractive wheel. IMHO. :P

The rear wing is optional. I think the wing would only appeal to ricers.

Without the wing, you would have a mean looking Mustang.

robin

Robin, Robin Robin...you can't be serious if you are I hate to say this, you have no taste in Mustangs. Sorry, but that thing, even if it was a Shelby, is HITEOUS! UGH!

EDIT: Robin no disrepect please as I love your posts, but that car is fugly.

Sorry, never owned a Mustang, never owned a Ford. I have owned two Shelbys but I did not know I was not supposed to like that car. I apologize.

I agree the pictures are ugly but its appearance would improve greatly by just removing the wing.

robin

I agree the pictures are ugly but its appearance would improve greatly by just removing the wing.

robin

I am in agreement Robin. If you look at the content of the car vs. the appearance they have upgraded in the right places. Their styling leaves a lot to be desired.

Sorry, never owned a Mustang, never owned a Ford. I have owned two Shelbys but I did not know I was not supposed to like that car. I apologize.

robin

Robin- Never owned a Mustang? It is awesom that you have the money to own a Shelby Cobra, were both your Cobras 289's or was one a 427 and the other a 289? I'd give my, well you know, to own a orginal Shelby Cobra! Me, I guess I have to own "just" a Shelby Mustang but one day I might just be lucky enough to find a Shelby Cobra in a barn or something!

Also I am very sorry for the brutal post, but I just can't see anyone liking that car in any way what so ever, it is just fugly to me and everyone I have showed it too. It leaves alot to be desired and much much room for design upgrade or should I say REdesign upgrade! :lol::lol:

Don't worry, I did not take your post as brutal.

My wife gave me permisssion to buy a Cobra, but I never took her up on it. We bought a home instead. It was enough for me to have her supportive.

My Shelby experience is through an '87 GLH-S and an '89 CSX. I feel those '80's cars were the last great Shelbys for the masses. They offered a lot more in styling and performance upgrades than the current offerings. But alas, those cars are now forgotten. There is good aftermarket support for the drivetrain but essentially nothing for basic restoration and maintenance.

robin

Archived