TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hello from British Columbia!

66DNA

Hello everyone!

I'm updating my previous post with images of my completed SGT - which resides in Portland, OR and (mostly) up in Maple Ridge, British Columbia.

"The Shelby" as my wife, and daughters (6 and 13 yrs old) call her, made her maiden voyage up to Canada on February 12th. I've driven from Vancouver, BC to Portland, OR several times over the past few months and have rode alongside an SGT500 and a couple Saleens.

Bud has been especially helpful in assisting me in my mods, and some mods I've found on my own.

Here is a list of a few things I have completed to date (a Super Charger is on my list of wishes....and I can only hope that Amy or Bud remembers my birthday come March! - grin):

Preface: I have owned a graphic design firm (Portland and Vancouver, BC) for some 24 years now. (Yes, I'm dating myself, but I started the business in NYC when I was only 22 - so I'm not THAT old yet!). The purchase of my SGT (and my meticulous "tweeking" to get her just right) is the fulfillment of ...let's say...one of many mid-life crisis purchases! Well, this purchase has certainly answered the calling as I am about as giddy as when I purchased my '65 Mustang at 15 yrs old and washed it every day until I was 16 and could finally drive it!

In effort to attain consistency, I opted to play up the "rivet -look" of the hood scoop. To this, you will see that I have installed the CS8 Upper Grille Assembly (rivets are part of its design) as well as purchased the new 20" black Razor rims (also with rivets).

I also wanted to find some consistency with my "badging" so, taking my clues from the center caps of the new Razors ("Tiffany Snake logo"), and coupled with the fact that by installing the CS8 grille, I got rid of a "pony logo," I also found a faux gas cap (Ford Racing) with the "Tiffany Snake" and also an interior power plug replacement (ebay) featuring the "Tiffany logo" as well. I also purchased the "Aesthetic Engine Bay kit" that incorporate the snake too. This leaves me with a pony on the steering wheel cap and the "powered by ford" plaques - personally speaking, I'm happy with my selections.

Finally, I removed the vinyl graphics (over-the-top stripes) and had them painted! Awesome. I also deleted the Sirius Satelite "plastic bug" and had the body shop fill the hole left, prior to having the new stripes painted. Very clean...and I've received many compliments on the "spoiler delete" ever since.

Once I get confirmation from Bud and/or Amy (or any of you!!) that our SGT's were modeled after the 1966 Shelby GT 350 - I think that I will apply for a vanity plate that will read: "66DNA"

In closing, I am curious if there are any other SGT owners between Portland and Vancouver, BC? And, if anyone has plans to attend the Belevue, WA Mustang Round Up next month?

Ride On Everyone! These cars are FANTASTIC!!!

post-2828-1144208840_thumb.jpgpost-2828-1144209003_thumb.jpgpost-2828-1144209047_thumb.jpgpost-2828-1144209331_thumb.jpg

BC, looks great. Love the black Razors. It's what I'm getting too. Great combo with the rivets, well thought out. Great plate too, go for it.

Enjoy!

Please post more pics too. As I tried to blow them up (and print them), they got distorted.

Thanks!

I'm going to attempt at uploading a bit higher resolution image of one of my photos for you to try out.

I'm off to take the girls for an ice cream...so when I return, please let me know if this works better?

Alternatively, you can send me your email (if you don't mind posting it) and I'll send you 2 meg files for each of my 5 photos....one at a time, of course.

Thanks!

66DNA <----- need some feedback guys? Does this work for my Vanity Plates?

In closing, I am curious if there are any other SGT owners between Portland and Vancouver, BC? And, if anyone has plans to attend the Belevue, WA Mustang Round Up next month?

SGTinBC,

Love the pics, like the idea on your personalized plate, we plan on taking my wife's car if we get it on time. I'm guessing that there will be about 4 or 5 Shelby GT's and probably a dozen new GT-500's along with 1100-1200 other Mustangs. Really big show. We joined MustangsNW last month. Now if we just had our Mustang. Hope to see you there.

Dave

SGTinBC,

Love the pics, like the idea on your personalized plate, we plan on taking my wife's car if we get it on time. I'm guessing that there will be about 4 or 5 Shelby GT's and probably a dozen new GT-500's along with 1100-1200 other Mustangs. Really big show. We joined MustangsNW last month. Now if we just had our Mustang. Hope to see you there.

Dave

Dave! Hope to see you AND YOUR CAR in Belevue. My wife and I are trying to secure a sitter so that we can come. If not, oh well, the girls just may have to come along (to yet another car show!). I "may" be driving the car down on Tuesday from Vancouver to Portland. I'd most likely be through North of Seattle sometime around 1:00pm - 2:00pm depending upon the border, etc. I'd be more than pleased to pull off the highway at a coffee shop to show you the car....no big deal, just offering. Otherwise, sure hope to meet you next month. - Todd

Love the CS8 Grille! Mine has that, too. Can't wait to get it.

SWA....you're going to LOVE the CS8 Grille Assembly! Although I am a purest at heart, the billet grille was not doing much for me - so I rolled the dice by ordering the CS8 Upper Grille Assembly last month. I had my Ford dealership install it. It was fairly simple to do. I take it that you must have ordered yours from the factory?

Hope you get your car very soon...you will absolutely love it.

-Todd

How big a deal is painting the stripes on? Do they paint the stripe and clear coat or do they just paint the stripe on? If they clear coat then do they clear coat the whole area or just the stripe?

About the stripes:

1. I only did the

over - the -top stripes. I left the side stripes vinyl as you never know.....perhaps one day I'll get that Super Charger...then the graphics would read differently.

2. I paid $1,600. Canadian (so about $1,450. US). This included removing my hood scoop and painting the little black stripe on it; and also filling the hole on the trunk lid left by removing the Sirius Satelite plastic bug; and of course, the main stripes over the top.

3. The back bumper was removed; the trunk lid removed; the front bumper removed; SHELBY trunk lettering removed. Vinyl was peeled; car was cleaned, taped, and painted with silver to match Shelby's silver paint used on the hood scoop. Clear was applied to each part and on the top of the car. I believe that the top of the car was feathered to the edges.

A bit complicated, but well worth it!

Thanks for all of the nice compliments! This morning I'm off to a Show & Shine sponsored by NAPA Auto Parts in Langley, BC. Then tomorrow I'll enter the car into my first show in Port Coquitlam, BC - a show specific to Mustangs Only. I'll be up against two SGT500's, many Saleens and Roush's and a couple historic Shelbys - and many Mustangs of all kinds. Hopefully the rain will stop.

Chat later gang!

Todd

Todd- I PM'd you about living in Portland Oregon. I'd like to meet and talk about the cars, I really want to see the Black Razors and the grill. If Shelby can't come through on the SGT driving lights and brake ducts I think I will go for the CS8 grill and lights. Very sharp & elegantly modded SGT.

great looking SGT. thanks for the pics

michael

Just wanted to thank all of you for the nice comments and compliments! I LOVE THIS CAR!

Today I went to a show and shine - (not any big deal) but tomorrow I'll be attending a Mustang-only event. I'll let all of you know how I do!

-Todd

Just wanted to thank all of you for the nice comments and compliments! I LOVE THIS CAR!

Today I went to a show and shine - (not any big deal) but tomorrow I'll be attending a Mustang-only event. I'll let all of you know how I do!

-Todd

Todd, I know you used the CS8 grill and I like it alot. Did you purchase it seperately because I don't see it advertised on Shelby Performance parts. I would like to know how you were able to obtain it. Thanks.

Todd, I know you used the CS8 grill and I like it alot. Did you purchase it seperately because I don't see it advertised on Shelby Performance parts. I would like to know how you were able to obtain it. Thanks.

HI TODD VERY NICE CAR WELL SEE IN JULY AT THE SHOW I HAVE # 258 ITS JUST LIKE IT CAME FROM SHELBY I DID HAVE WINDOWS TINTED

UPDATE:

First of all, many thanks for all of the wonderful comments from all of you! Second, it was great to meet fellow forum member, HAIDARAVEN today in British Columbia at the SOUNDS OF SUMMER Ford Mustang Show & Shine.

I'd guess there were around 100 Mustangs at the event, which was very well organized and run by Richard Austin. Despite the pooring rain, everyone had a great time...and the sun came out for the last couple of hours.

First Place Trophy in SHELBY CLASS too!

Go SGT! :D

Everyone loved the car. I received many compliments and lots of questions, i.e. "much cleaner body styling than either the Roush or Saleen" "simple - elegant - AND MEAN" "is this the new GT500?" "who added on your upgrades?"

So I had to do a bit of educating the group on the Shelby GT - which was fun. I think SAI should sponsor me and provide a tent for the next event! grin. At least a Shelby Umbrella?

UPDATE:

First of all, many thanks for all of the wonderful comments from all of you! Second, it was great to meet fellow forum member, HAIDARAVEN today in British Columbia at the SOUNDS OF SUMMER Ford Mustang Show & Shine.

I'd guess there were around 100 Mustangs at the event, which was very well organized and run by Richard Austin. Despite the pooring rain, everyone had a great time...and the sun came out for the last couple of hours.

First Place Trophy in SHELBY CLASS too!

Go SGT! :D

Everyone loved the car. I received many compliments and lots of questions, i.e. "much cleaner body styling than either the Roush or Saleen" "simple - elegant - AND MEAN" "is this the new GT500?" "who added on your upgrades?"

So I had to do a bit of educating the group on the Shelby GT - which was fun. I think SAI should sponsor me and provide a tent for the next event! grin. At least a Shelby Umbrella?

Very well done! B) A big congratulations to you!

About the stripes:

1. I only did the

over - the -top stripes. I left the side stripes vinyl as you never know.....perhaps one day I'll get that Super Charger...then the graphics would read differently.

2. I paid $1,600. Canadian (so about $1,450. US). This included removing my hood scoop and painting the little black stripe on it; and also filling the hole on the trunk lid left by removing the Sirius Satelite plastic bug; and of course, the main stripes over the top.

3. The back bumper was removed; the trunk lid removed; the front bumper removed; SHELBY trunk lettering removed. Vinyl was peeled; car was cleaned, taped, and painted with silver to match Shelby's silver paint used on the hood scoop. Clear was applied to each part and on the top of the car. I believe that the top of the car was feathered to the edges.

A bit complicated, but well worth it!

Thanks for all of the nice compliments! This morning I'm off to a Show & Shine sponsored by NAPA Auto Parts in Langley, BC. Then tomorrow I'll enter the car into my first show in Port Coquitlam, BC - a show specific to Mustangs Only. I'll be up against two SGT500's, many Saleens and Roush's and a couple historic Shelbys - and many Mustangs of all kinds. Hopefully the rain will stop.

Chat later gang!

Todd

Todd, I have an aftermarket hood too and am planning to use it on my SGT. I would love to know any details you can provide on the silver paint you used. Name, brand, paint code etc. I'm debating whether to have the whole car with painted stripes or just do the hood and leave the rest vinyl (so i could put the original hood back on if I chose to)

• 1 month later...

Just on a vaction gang!

Down in San Francisco sightseeing with my wonderful wife and daughters!

Will be back to BC for the Hallmark Ford Shelby & Mustang Show - the car is all shined up and ready to go as soon as we return!

Will post photos from this show by Aug 8th

-Todd

"not the wanted man from Vernon, BC"

Just on a vaction gang!

Down in San Francisco sightseeing with my wonderful wife and daughters!

Will be back to BC for the Hallmark Ford Shelby & Mustang Show - the car is all shined up and ready to go as soon as we return!

Will post photos from this show by Aug 8th

-Todd

"not the wanted man from Vernon, BC"

LOL

Have a blast over there Todd. :D

Archived