TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Signature

shelby69

I received my visor back from Carroll Shelby's Children's Foundation. Very nice signature, however, the visor connection has been forced flat, not a good thing and now it does not stay in the up position. The Foundation states that it is not responsible for damaged parts but has anyone else run into this? I'm probably not too opposed to buying another visor (since its for charity) but I'd rather not have to pay $215.00 again for another signature (and another possiblity of incorrect visor handling). Regardless, if anyone else has had any problems like this, I'd appreciate their input.

Take care.

I received my visor back from Carroll Shelby's Children's Foundation. Very nice signature, however, the visor connection has been forced flat, not a good thing and now it does not stay in the up position. The Foundation states that it is not responsible for damaged parts but has anyone else run into this? I'm probably not too opposed to buying another visor (since its for charity) but I'd rather not have to pay $215.00 again for another signature (and another possiblity of incorrect visor handling). Regardless, if anyone else has had any problems like this, I'd appreciate their input.

Take care.

I am curious how that happened? What was it packed in ?

Thanks,

Sue

I am curious how that happened? What was it packed in ?

Thanks,

Sue

I packed it in a nice fat box, because it does not lie flat. If you remove it, you can see it is spring loaded and does not sit flat. Well, CSCF managed to put it in a nice flat box for return. Now the spring is sprung and the holder rod just falls right out of the visor.

Savage - the rod is actually separated from the visor. It appears that everything is sewn together so repair is probably not an option (I'm open for suggestions). I'm hopeful that the mirror cover, which is the signed piece, can be traded out, but I haven't tried to remove it yet (the signature looks great - has the CSM # and everything).

Phil - right at 4 weeks.

I see what your saying. As soon as I cut my guys their checks, I will go home, remove mine and see if I can help. Hopefully there will be a way to either remove the rod without damage or remove the mirror door successfully.

email jenni

jenni@cscf.org, tell her the story, she will help

• 2 weeks later...

Take care.

I had UPS bubble wrap mine. I recieved it back in the same shape as when I sent it off. I was sweating it, but it turned out OK.

• 1 month later...

I sent them my glove box door for my 65' and it came back great. I bubble wraped it, and bubble wraped it again. It came back in the same box. The glove Box door is actually in my living room now it looks so good.. Hated to put it back on the car. How bad have you got it it?

I sent them my glove box door for my 65' and it came back great. I bubble wraped it, and bubble wraped it again. It came back in the same box. The glove Box door is actually in my living room now it looks so good.. Hated to put it back on the car. How bad have you got it it?

You don't want to go there............ :lol::lol: I think I'll start a new thread. Great topic. Thanks and by the way. Nice on the glove box!

Archived