TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Not many of us left

ShelbyGT/SC

After seeing that GTHERO is getting his car, I am trying to get an idea of who's left.

I know that there are some newer guys here that have joined and ordered their cars after March 1st. But who are still waiting that have ordered before March 1?

So we don't get into complaining or whining, I'll just add the banging head icon for all those who are frustrated:

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Post the date you ordered you car and whether you're getting mods. And for those that have their car and feel like contributing, post also when your car arrived.

As for me:

Ordered: Feb 21

Mods: Yes

We have probably waited the longest. 217 days since order date of Nov. 17, 2006!!!!!!!! Could be a new Guiness world record. We are dining on cheese and crackers with our whine. Mods ordered are listed in signature. Chrome razors are the hold up. Wife wants to go postal on AR.!! Hopefully down to the last two weeks.

I ordered the car through my dealer on 12/6/2006.

Arrived at Shelby by rail 4/13, showed as arrived at SAI on VIN tracker 4/23.

Mods Yes, also listed below in my signature. Not really very patient at this point.

Dave

I'm still waitin too, mods: heeeeellllz ya :D

Oredered around Dec 15th. Getting GTH hood, sequentials, and billett shifter trim. I was told yesterday that it was almost done. This has been a long wait. Saw a white one at a dealer here in Western NY last week and they are asking $5k over. It was the first one I saw in person and it made me even more anxious for my ride. My last - and only other Mustang - was a '85 5.0 which was a quick and fun car. The Goodyear Gatorbacks were always up in smoke. Once I saw the '05 I knew it was time for another Mustang soon.

I ordered the car through my dealer on 12/6/2006.

Arrived at Shelby by rail 4/13, showed as arrived at SAI on VIN tracker 4/23.

Mods Yes, also listed below in my signature. Not really very patient at this point.

Dave

My schedule is similar to Dave's. Ordered from dealer 12/23/06.

Arrived at Shelby (according the the VIN tracker) on 4/23.

Mods are listed below, but I'm not sure if my car has been converted yet so I can get in line at the mod shop. I would be more patient if I could get info as to where I am in the process.

Wes

I came late to the party. But the car was invoiced on 3/29 so who knows when it arrived at SAI. When I was at the begining of the deal the car had arrived at SAI. That was about 1 month ago. Don't know if it's converted yet but you see that I have the hood, SC, driving light brake duct and lower grille and I am taking in the trunk the rest of the parts to install myself when Black Beauty makes it way back to the East Coast. I'm not really expecting to see the car until late August.

We have probably waited the longest. 217 days since order date of Nov. 17, 2006!!!!!!!! Could be a new Guiness world record. We are dining on cheese and crackers with our whine. Mods ordered are listed in signature. Chrome razors are the hold up. Wife wants to go postal on AR.!! Hopefully down to the last two weeks.

Dave,

If you don't mind me asking, could you please PM me with the price they gave you to ship the hood and wheels?

Roger

I ordered my SGT on 3/2/07...built 3/26/07...arrived at SAI 4/13/07

shiipped and to dealer 5/24/07

home in garage 5/24/07

no mods yet

will install S/C

center pod gauges

20" wheels

looking to take the SGT to Shelby this fall

they should be finished with all of the mods on 2007's by then I hope

Wow Tx, that's got to be one of the fastest turn-arounds on record!

Lucky you.

• 3 months later...

Grabber, you may still be in the break in stage but you could keep up if you wound that sucker out! haha :D

Great sounding car BTW cool color for a 500 too I saw a cs in GO and I liked it I bet the 500 looks cool in person...

The grabber orange looks a lot better with white stripes than silver, that's for sure. It's a better GT500 color than SGT color-I don't like the GO SGT at all

The grabber orange looks a lot better with white stripes than silver, that's for sure. It's a better GT500 color than SGT color-I don't like the GO SGT at all

Thanks, I really like it. Today I drove 100 miles up the Columbia River Gorge. It was a sunny day here in the Pacific NW and I took the day off work to go for a ride. It was a blast, as usual. If you click on the pic, it will enlarge.

Pic's from today.

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07019.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07018.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07017.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07013.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07012.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07010.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07009.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07008.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07006.jpg

Grabber Orange is really growing on me. With the White stripes it is an attention getter. I had the pleasure of driving a GO GT500 over the weekend. Very nice.

Oh..........on topic...............still waiting. Arrived SAI 4/07

Thanks, I really like it. Today I drove 100 miles up the Columbia River Gorge. It was a sunny day here in the Pacific NW and I took the day off work to go for a ride. It was a blast, as usual. If you click on the pic, it will enlarge.

Pic's from today.

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07019.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07018.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07017.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07013.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07012.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07010.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07009.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07008.jpg

th_CrownpointGT50010-22-07006.jpg

I see you parked at the ALL FORD rest stop/overlook!

A little tongue in cheek humor...wanted a Shelby since I was a small kid...just now realizing that dream! My parents must not have turned my order in back in 1966!

I thought for sure he was talking about his birthday wish while hovering over a cake with lit candles......

circa 1966!

A little tongue in cheek humor...wanted a Shelby since I was a small kid...just now realizing that dream! My parents must not have turned my order in back in 1966!

Thanks. That's what I thought but I wasn't sure if I missed something.

I agree, I've been dreaming for a Shelby for a long time too.

Thanks. That's what I thought but I wasn't sure if I missed something.

I agree, I've been dreaming for a Shelby for a long time too.

I must be at the tail end- don't know when my car was ordered initially, as my dealer acquired the slot from another for me. I signed the buyer's order on June 29, roughly the day the car arrived at S/A. It's still there, has been converted and some of the mod work done, waiting only on the supercharger. I was supposed to take delivery there, still will if possible, but my Fall schedule is tight and Winter is coming here in the Midwest.

This is not really news- we built a CSX4000 Cobra (#4045) in 1997, one of the last non-dealer cars, and it was a long process to get all the parts, even after the car had arrived.

To paraphrase Sir Henry Royce, Engineer: "The quality remains long after the price (and the wait) has been forgotten."

Patiently,

Mike H

CSX4045

67 GT500 #841

68 GT500 #389

I must be at the tail end- don't know when my car was ordered initially, as my dealer acquired the slot from another for me. I signed the buyer's order on June 29, roughly the day the car arrived at S/A. It's still there, has been converted and some of the mod work done, waiting only on the supercharger. I was supposed to take delivery there, still will if possible, but my Fall schedule is tight and Winter is coming here in the Midwest.

This is not really news- we built a CSX4000 Cobra (#4045) in 1997, one of the last non-dealer cars, and it was a long process to get all the parts, even after the car had arrived.

To paraphrase Sir Henry Royce, Engineer: "The quality remains long after the price (and the wait) has been forgotten."

Patiently,

Mike H

CSX4045

67 GT500 #841

68 GT500 #389

Welcome Mike. What SC are you having installed? Nice stable you have there.

Archived