TEAM SHELBY FORUM

i'm frustrated now

MYGT500

I ordered the first unit avaliable from my dealer in Ohio,on the 2nd day orders were taken in March. Been waiting for a serial no. or a build date.. All I have got from Ford is a material hold status. The 2nd order from the same dealer has a build date. I asked why,no one seems to know..Ford seems to be clueless on the build order and reasons for the hold. I'm getting very dissapointed. I'm looking for the "Bold Move",but no one will step up and give me info. Dealer says,basically,we will call u when the car comes in. Great :rant:

I ordered the first unit avaliable from my dealer in Ohio,on the 2nd day orders were taken in March. Been waiting for a serial no. or a build date.. All I have got from Ford is a material hold status. The 2nd order from the same dealer has a build date. I asked why,no one seems to know..Ford seems to be clueless on the build order and reasons for the hold. I'm getting very dissapointed. I'm looking for the "Bold Move",but no one will step up and give me info. Dealer says,basically,we will call u when the car comes in. Great :rant:

the Dealer sets the build order for the units at his dealership by setting the priority code on the order. Not by the date entered into the order system. If the '2nd' unit is being built before your '1st' unit, its your dealer's doing. not Fords unless there is a hold on yours like a Mach1000 in a convertible or the 2nd unit was a PowerLease car.

Are you from cleveland....If so there was a situation at one of the dealerships where one of the people signed up was listed at MSRP. The Sales mgr. at the time thought the GT500 was a variation of the GT and was glad to sell for MSRP. When the story unfolded the dealer didn't wan't to sell the car for MSRP. The indidvidual wrote letters to many people in the Ford chain including the dealerships owners and of course his lawyer. The dealer eventually gave him the red carpetr treatment and I was told he bumped the #1 car...could that have been you? :rant:

ok , similar situation

My order was placed about the same day, but my spot is #1 on dealer list with an order priority of 10. Still no VIN or build date. When I call customer service, all I get is "material hold status" and like MYGT500 states, "no one seems to know" Dealer also says the same thing (more or less, don't call us, we'll call you).

I would think that all JOB1 (all/each dealers first round/highest priority orders)vehicles (should be about 3800 of them or so) would have at least a VIN and a build date, even if that build date is later in the year.

Why can't Ford get us info regarding our orders?

Who/what department is personally responsible for pulling orders and assigning VINs and build dates??

ok , similar situation

My order was placed about the same day, but my spot is #1 on dealer list with an order priority of 10. Still no VIN or build date. When I call customer service, all I get is "material hold status" and like MYGT500 states, "no one seems to know" Dealer also says the same thing (more or less, don't call us, we'll call you).

I would think that all JOB1 (all/each dealers first round/highest priority orders)vehicles (should be about 3800 of them or so) would have at least a VIN and a build date, even if that build date is later in the year.

Why can't Ford get us info regarding our orders?

Who/what department is personally responsible for pulling orders and assigning VINs and build dates??

Not so. I am in the same position. Select Certified Dealer, priority code 10. Order placed 4/24/06. I just spoke to my dealer. The update as of today direct from the Select Dealer Manager is:

"All of the Shelby's have the "material hold" status until there is a special code put on and it is scheduled.

I am sorry, but there are no other ways of getting this scheduled other than winning the lottery. They are still finishing up scheduling

SVT Dealer allocation and the lottery should begin late next month.

This is quoted from Select Dealer Manager

Ford Lincoln Mercury Sales Operations "

Are you from cleveland....If so there was a situation at one of the dealerships where one of the people signed up was listed at MSRP. The Sales mgr. at the time thought the GT500 was a variation of the GT and was glad to sell for MSRP. When the story unfolded the dealer didn't wan't to sell the car for MSRP. The indidvidual wrote letters to many people in the Ford chain including the dealerships owners and of course his lawyer. The dealer eventually gave him the red carpetr treatment and I was told he bumped the #1 car...could that have been you? :rant:

No...i'm in the columbus area. There have been atleast 2-3 shelby deliveries this month in columbus,but mine,the first at my dealer,still has no info,just the material hold status.

Archived