TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mod Help Requested

SoDakMac

An old South Dakota hayseed needs some assistance. According to the VIN Tracker my car is at SAI. I want a few modifications done to the car (lower grill/driving lights and sequential taillights). John told me (via e-mail) that I need to have my dealer fax a copy of the buyer’s order to confirm that I will own the car, which we have done. What I am not sure about is how to get the mods I want scheduled and paid for. I have not been able to make contact with SAI yet – John must be a busy guy. Have you guys/gals done this through the dealer or directly through Shelby? Can they just add the cost of the modifications to the car’s invoice or do they want their money up front? My situation is complicated by the fact that I am dealing with two separate Ford dealerships. My local dealer has ordered the car (since they used their allotment) through another dealer in the western part of my state. So, hopefully I can deal directly with SAI and not have to run things through two different businesses. Thanks for any info.

If I understand the process correctly, your mods need to be communicated to SAI through your dealer. The mods will be invoiced seperate from the car purchase and payable directly to SAI.

Other who have had mods done and have their car will be better able to speak to this.

Hope that helps. And yes, they are very busy there, but they do their best to get back to you. They are extremly helpful.

An old South Dakota hayseed needs some assistance. According to the VIN Tracker my car is at SAI. I want a few modifications done to the car (lower grill/driving lights and sequential taillights). John told me (via e-mail) that I need to have my dealer fax a copy of the buyer’s order to confirm that I will own the car, which we have done. What I am not sure about is how to get the mods I want scheduled and paid for. I have not been able to make contact with SAI yet – John must be a busy guy. Have you guys/gals done this through the dealer or directly through Shelby? Can they just add the cost of the modifications to the car’s invoice or do they want their money up front? My situation is complicated by the fact that I am dealing with two separate Ford dealerships. My local dealer has ordered the car (since they used their allotment) through another dealer in the western part of my state. So, hopefully I can deal directly with SAI and not have to run things through two different businesses. Thanks for any info.

I am a dealer, you pay SAI (cash, check, Credit card) directly.

Send your Mod/Parts request by E-MAIL to John... johnw@shelbyautos.com

randy

All of the above replies are correct. You have to buy the car from the dealer and have the dealer fax a copy of the title or receipt for the car to SAI, then your car will be put into the modshop line. After your mods are completed you pay SAI directly for the work done, and they ship your car back to you

All of the above replies are correct. You have to buy the car from the dealer and have the dealer fax a copy of the title or receipt for the car to SAI, then your car will be put into the modshop line. After your mods are completed you pay SAI directly for the work done, and they ship your car back to you

Thanks for the information - I now have the protocol and have sent an e-mail to SAI with my wants (needs).

Thanks for the information - I now have the protocol and have sent an e-mail to SAI with my wants (needs).

soda, all of these people have mislead you!

Please stop all activities and transactions to date!

Instead, please make your payments to me.

I accept cash, check or paypal.

:D

soda, all of these people have mislead you!

Please stop all activities and transactions to date!

Instead, please make your payments to me.

I accept cash, check or paypal.

:D

My mama told me there would be folks like aodwyer out there trying to take advantage of naive fellas like me. ;)

I was told that you can have your dealer request non-performance items through the ModShop without having to take legal ownership of the car first. This is what I was going to do until the ModShop backed up so badly. Of course, this option excludes the good stuff such as superchargers, wheel or brake packages, etc.

Archived