TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New gas cap

shelbydream1

Bump--anyone found it yet??

Nope. I check the parts site daily. To make my search short, I click on exterior then look at the bottom of the page to see how many items are listed. There have been 41 since day 1. No change.

Nope. I check the parts site daily. To make my search short, I click on exterior then look at the bottom of the page to see how many items are listed. There have been 41 since day 1. No change.

No change in "orders shipped" either, I presume.

<_<

Jer

After seeing the wheel caps...I'm not holding my breath.

:(

Amen-I would have preferred a shelby logo in script without the GT or a simple "CS"-I liked them at first, then I saw the picture of them on the wheels-think I'll stick with the ponies

Amen-I would have preferred a shelby logo in script without the GT or a simple "CS"-I liked them at first, then I saw the picture of them on the wheels-think I'll stick with the ponies

It's too bad, I would have been tempted by the Caroll Shelby signature logo like on the floor mats and to me that would have been a nice tie in. it leverages the classic pony ribbon but with his signature and I think strikes a good balance. Plus you can buy the floormats and complete the look.

Oh well...

After seeing the wheel caps...I'm not holding my breath.

:(

The Shelby GT caps are hiteous at best along with most of the aftermarket parts for the SGT. I think the Shelby legacy has already been written and the NEW inexpensive Shelby GT's are just a money vehicle/avenue to the SuperSnakes and GT500KR's he wants to make. Wow I can not believe I just said that about my idol and my car!

I decided to draw up some gas cap ideas for you SGT owners. Maybe some one at SAI will like one of them.

-Lon

Nice work Lon! I do like 2,3,5,8

#2 in black would look very nice. But #8 is just simple and to the point. Also it goes with the banner hanging at SAI. That they earned their stripes.

Nice work Lon! I do like 2,3,5,8

#2 in black would look very nice. But #8 is just simple and to the point. Also it goes with the banner hanging at SAI. That they earned their stripes.

+1 for #2 in black!

I decided to draw up some gas cap ideas for you SGT owners. Maybe some one at SAI will like one of them.

-Lon

Nice. I like #6, 1, and 2

How about if you took the "CS" monogram emblem in #1 and placed it in #2 (replace the signature with the "CS")?

#5 look like a good one, matches the car well. I agree with everybody here it NEEDS to be designed and not just slamed together like the wheel caps were, but it is all we have at this point!!!

Yes I am very disappointed about "all" the missed promises. They have so much going for them but just can't seem to get over the hump, just high centered with the SGT.

Bud - we need you back, please come back!!!

Design is what I do for a living.

Thanks for liking some of them :)

And you are very good at it. Thanks for doing this. Many of us have been waiting to see what SAI comes up with. This is the closest we have seen to anything that could be a prouction piece.

There were many ideas thrown around on this thread.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1283

SVO, they all look absolutely awesome! I think that SAI is pretty far along in the process of making one, but if they weren't I wish they could choose any one of the ones you designed. I'd love to see #2 in black as others suggested.

I'd say that my favs in order are 2 (in black) and 5.

Bud, please don't listen to Swede, He's a great guy, but he has his car already. :) Please just keep pushing to get some of our cars out and then go back to the gas cap...

Please.

PLEASE

PLEASE I BEG YOU

PLEASE HELP GET THE CARS OUT

HELP!!!!!!!

SVO, they all look absolutely awesome! I think that SAI is pretty far along in the process of making one, but if they weren't I wish they could choose any one of the ones you designed. I'd love to see #2 in black as others suggested.

I'd say that my favs in order are 2 (in black) and 5.

Bud, please don't listen to Swede, He's a great guy, but he has his car already. :) Please just keep pushing to get some of our cars out and then go back to the gas cap...Please.

PLEASE

PLEASE I BEG YOU

PLEASE HELP GET THE CARS OUT

HELP!!!!!!!

Adam - Wow what a slam. Here I am out on the street protecting the pride of us Shelby GT owners and you slam me like I was a base Mustang V6 owner! Wow I am just hurt - :P :P OK #2 ( in black) AND #5!!!!

Adam - Wow what a slam. Here I am out on the street protecting the pride of us Shelby GT owners and you slam me like I was a base Mustang V6 owner! Wow I am just hurt - :P :P OK #2 ( in black) AND #5!!!!

Just kidding pal, you're one of the best guys on this forum. I knew you could take it. :D

The FPSDS-PMS-SGT-S/C-HP-ABS-4.6L-XYZ is running really high right now. Just learned recently I have yet another month to go. I was hoping to have had my car well before my birthday which is at the end of this month.

But I can take it, I'm a man (no I can't). 1062.gif

#5 and #8, (and to a lesser extent #4) are great if you have a black SGT. Probably the reason most the black SGT owners voted for them (or a black version of 2).

But for white or blue SGT owners, the black background with silver stripes (#5, #8) isn't going to be as popular.

Archived