TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Keeping the Dealer Honest

This is a question for those of you that have, or are currently working at a dealership. :sos:

Is there a way to find out if the dealership you are dealing with, is being truthful with you about the amount of Shelby's they can order?

In my introduction (NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS), I said I was first on the list. "Since December 2005, 1st on the waiting list at a (not so) local Ford dealership, $500.00 deposit, MSRP...in writing, signed by the then current sales manager".

Now I'm being told that the owner, who happens to own multiple Ford dealerships around the area, wants the first Shelby from this dealership and that this dealership has to go into some sort of "lottery" to see if it can order a 2nd car. Whats up with that? :shrug:

I guess this is a series of questions.

1. Is there a database that tells how many Shelby's a dealership can order?

2. Is it available to us Shelby junkies? PROZAC!!! I'm gonna need some PROZAC Rufdraft. :rant::rant:

3. If so, where is it?!?!

:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

Thanks, I needed that.

First ... a dealer can do anything he or she wants. For that matter so can anyone else in any line of work.

If you ordered a unit ... from the store .. put a deposit on it ... and this car was ordered for you ... NO .. thats not proper at all. This is your ordered unit .. has your name tagged to it ( at least in the beginning ) ... and should be your car when it arrives.

Now if a unit is coming in for general stock ... wasnt a ordered unit per say ... does the dealer have the right to take it to another store ... yes and no. If you put a deposit on it .. have a sound contract for this car .. it should be yours. If this in fact is happening .. than you need to create a stink ... but it need s to be porportonite. Escalate as need be.

My 2 cents

dond

Update, Update, Update.

Called the dealership a couple of days ago and talked with the sales manager that I've been working with, he told me he was being transferred and promoted to General Manager at another dealership in another city, but would still be working for the same group. (Oh man, I'm not feeling good about this :unsure: ) I congratulated him, and I wish him well for I felt he dealt honestly with me.

I waited two days and then drove to the dealership after work one morning (I work 3rd shift, midnight to 8:00am :boring: ), before I even got outta my car I noticed a very familiar color scheme, hmmm, black with silver lemans stripes, yeah it's a Shelby GT. I went inside and asked for the owner, then introduced myself to him, after we talked for a few moments, he invited me into his office. :huh: :headscratch:

He asked me to sit down, :do what: :nonono: (this ain't looking good). I sat, and he proceeded with, "I gotta be honest with ya', I'm not happy with the deal (MSRP) my sales manager made with you... but, no, were not brushing you off, we just haven't gotten another allocation for a Shelby GT500." (Okay, so I still haven't gotten the "we're sorry" routine.)

We talked a little more about Mustangs, Carroll Shelby, Amy, GT350s and Bullitts, turns out, the owner's brother is a Winston Cup Champion. (I checked)

He then asked if I would like to see their new Mustang (the Shelby GT), of course I accepted!!! :rolleyes:

We went out, he got the keys handed them to me and said go ahead start her up...Ssaahhwweeeeettt!!

I gotta tell ya', the Shelby GT sounds, (in my best impersonation of Loius Armstrong "nice, real nice".)

We talked some more about his car collection including a '68 Mustang that he is having restored.

I thank him for his time, and then went home, not really accomplishing anything, but somehow, I felt better.

Yesterday, I got the call from the dealership. Funny how that worked out. My car is being ordered, they just wanted to check over the details and options. Sweet.

Okay so it took 1 year, 2 months, and 4 days after accepting my deposit, to get the car ordered. (but hey who's counting? :hysterical: )

DLW

Wow! Been a long wait, DLW ...hopefully this is the 'beginning of the end!'

And, on the positive side, you're still getting an '07 but with the upgraded tune and job-2 suspension (/other?) improvements (whatever they are... shock rates?)... cool!

Hang in there ;-) and good luck!

-Dan

you're still getting an '07 but with the upgraded tune and job-2 suspension

What upgraded tune?

job 2 is suppose to be suspension only.

I heard somewhere (maybe here, maybe another board) that there was a tune-tweak in [late] summer sometime -- dunno.

-Dan

Wow! Been a long wait, DLW ...hopefully this is the 'beginning of the end!'

And, on the positive side, you're still getting an '07 but with the upgraded tune and job-2 suspension (/other?) improvements (whatever they are... shock rates?)... cool!

Hang in there ;-) and good luck!

-Dan

Thanks 68fastback

I don't post much (unless someone pushes one of my buttons :doh: ), but I'll try to keep y'all up to date as to whats going on, maybe it'll help someone else with PSDS. :blink:

... but you can't tuna fish. :finger:

Awww, come on Dave, I like tuna fish ( sushi, sashimi, cooked it doesn't matter ) and I like fishing for tuna. :tease: :confused::poke::hysterical:

Anyway :backtotopic:

DLW

I heard somewhere (maybe here, maybe another board) that there was a tune-tweak in [late] summer sometime -- dunno.

-Dan

Dan

If that rumor is true that time frame would make it a 08 model the 07 run would be done before the summer even starts the 07 run will be complete by the end of may first week of june

Where did you get this rumor from? All the people I talked to I know at ford say its not true( I used to be sponsored by svt/ford motorsport and still talk to these guys from time to time

Jim

Archived