TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I have Chillis GTH the famous #362

i have talked with Chilli on and off since i joined the forum trying to help him find #362. after a PM i realized that the car that is on ebay is the car he drove his son home in. i looked in the manual and his note is still in the car. im going to take a pic of the note and post it here tomorrow. just think this neat because when you buy these cars at the sale you dont know what CS number they are. you buy them based on miles and condition. i would love for him to get the car, but if it doesnt work out its still neat that the car has such a cool history.

michael

Well that goes against what I was told by Hertz and the franchise owner in Columbus that it would be taken care of "locally" since it was a franchise and not corporate owned. Figures. With us in the middle of trying to find a new house I don't know if I can pull it off. Anyone have some spare milk money they want to donate? :lol: That is cool the note is still in the car. If I can't get it then maybe some day a future owner might give me a call if they decide to get rid of it. :)

Well that goes against what I was told by Hertz and the franchise owner in Columbus that it would be taken care of "locally" since it was a franchise and not corporate owned. Figures. With us in the middle of trying to find a new house I don't know if I can pull it off. Anyone have some spare milk money they want to donate? :lol: That is cool the note is still in the car. If I can't get it then maybe some day a future owner might give me a call if they decide to get rid of it. :)

I was just thinking about all the wierd things about this car.

1 of 500 someone help with the odds.

i have owned 10 GTHs and i get the 362 with out knowing its 362.

we have the same last name. not really wierd but kinda cool.

michael

Unfortunately I am not able to get the car at this time. We are in the middle of selling our house and looking for a spot to build our new house. Mike knows I tried to figure out a way to pull this off but just can't. He will make sure the new owners understand the history of the car for me and pass along my note I left in it when I rented it last year so who knows what may happen down the road.

Of course my wife likes the 08 SGT vert so who knows what may end up in my garage. :)

Unfortunately I am not able to get the car at this time. We are in the middle of selling our house and looking for a spot to build our new house. Mike knows I tried to figure out a way to pull this off but just can't. He will make sure the new owners understand the history of the car for me and pass along my note I left in it when I rented it last year so who knows what may happen down the road.

Of course my wife likes the 08 SGT vert so who knows what may end up in my garage. :)

chilli im sorry to say that your car is going to its new home in VA. the guy is getting in for the parts. he is going to complete dismantle the car so that he can rebuild the first one that he bought and totaled. the Hertz he wrecked has a lower number and he believes that in the future it would be worth more than #362. the new owner knows the story of the car and said he would be glad to send you a wheel center to remember the car by. what he doesnt use on the wreck he is going to put into storage in case anything else happens to the first car he will always have extra parts.

michael

chilli im sorry to say that your car is going to its new home in VA. the guy is getting in for the parts. he is going to complete dismantle the car so that he can rebuild the first one that he bought and totaled. the Hertz he wrecked has a lower number and he believes that in the future it would be worth more than #362. the new owner knows the story of the car and said he would be glad to send you a wheel center to remember the car by. what he doesnt use on the wreck he is going to put into storage in case anything else happens to the first car he will always have extra parts.

michael

WTF????? He can get the parts off any GT/CS for his wrecked car. You have to be kidding me. Unf!#$$*% believable!!!!

It is evident this guy IS NOT a true Mustang enthusiast. The only reason he would do something like this is to make his REBUILT/SALVAGE car more valuable down the road.

WTF????? He can get the parts off any GT/CS for his wrecked car. You have to be kidding me. Unf!#$$*% believable!!!!

It is evident this guy IS NOT a true Mustang enthusiast. The only reason he would do something like this is to make his REBUILT/SALVAGE car more valuable down the road.

im just bored at work today and thought i would see how many people would read this and get made that someone was chopping up a Shelby. i guess only you read it.

the car is sold to a guy that is putting it up with his 66 Hertz car.

(no cars were harmed in the making of this post) :D

michael

michael

It won't be too far in the future and this could easily be true. There are so many 80's Shelbys being parted out just because there is no source of restoration parts. Except for another otherwise restorable car. In ten years we will hear the moan amongst the new enthusiasts.

robin

If we decide on a SGT or GT-H vert next year I think I should get a BIG discount from a certain evil dealer. Hmmm...maybe throw in a free SC on it? :D

i had to show that to my wife. she now think i evil too. she asked why you havent packed a bag and came to GA and gave me a butt kicken, but she also said it was pretty funny. :lol:

glad you can take a joke.

michael

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes: Michael, I went nuts when I read about my GT-H 362 being disasembled. But then realized

it was just a joke.

As you know I've had my GT350H in the family since 1970 and it has only 42K miles on it. Drive train

has never been into and only paint and rubber has been replaced. That's the way I'll also treat this car.

It's difficult not driving them a lot. But that's the only way to keep them in like new condition.

By the way I went to get my tags and title in Virginia and after a 2hr wait I was told that I needed a title

transfer from Hertz to me. Can you help?

I'm good til 25Jul07 with the temp tag but after that I'm dead in the water.

Thanks

Oz Lamonds

:rolleyes: Michael, I went nuts when I read about my GT-H 362 being disasembled. But then realized

it was just a joke.

As you know I've had my GT350H in the family since 1970 and it has only 42K miles on it. Drive train

has never been into and only paint and rubber has been replaced. That's the way I'll also treat this car.

It's difficult not driving them a lot. But that's the only way to keep them in like new condition.

By the way I went to get my tags and title in Virginia and after a 2hr wait I was told that I needed a title

transfer from Hertz to me. Can you help?

I'm good til 25Jul07 with the temp tag but after that I'm dead in the water.

Thanks

Oz Lamonds

yea i thought i was pretty funny, but i do have a warped sense of humor. i will get Chris working on you tag and title stuff for you. glad you enjoying the car

michael morris

• 2 weeks later...

Archived