TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PLease help me with my math.

stump_breaker

The TREMEC TR-3650 is a 5-speed manual transmission for longitudinal engine automobiles. It includes a 5th gear that functions as an overdrive gear, light-weight aluminum housings, a synchromesh reverse gear, and synchromeshed helical cut forward gears. It is manufactured by Transmission Technologies Corporation and is rated for 360 ft-lb of torque. The loss in power transmission efficiency is rated at approximately 16% in 4th gear for a 2005-present Ford Mustang GT.

We know the addition of the S/C increases it beyond those capabilities.

Am I seeing something wrong here? Please explain por favor?

What he said was the tranny in the SGTs is a Tremec tr-3650, the tranny is rated at 360 foot pounds of torque, and as well all know (i think) the SUPERCHARGED sgt is rated at way more than 360 foot pounds, closer to 500 isnt it? so he is saying do they have the same tranny or are they runnin a beefed up 3650 or what?

What he said was the tranny in the SGTs is a Tremec tr-3650, the tranny is rated at 360 foot pounds of torque, and as well all know (i think) the SUPERCHARGED sgt is rated at way more than 360 foot pounds, closer to 500 isnt it? so he is saying do they have the same tranny or are they runnin a beefed up 3650 or what?

i was just playin, i knew what he was asking but didnt know the answer. but thanks for looking out for me and putting in english.

michael

We have been debating on this end what to do once the camper sells - Whipple or gears - but after reading that I think I'm going gears.

I was hoping someone had an explination. 400 ft lbs of torque to a tranny rated for 360 seems bad. And there is already an "iffy" warranty issue (not to get that started).

I'm thinking gears now.

We have been debating on this end what to do once the camper sells - Whipple or gears - but after reading that I think I'm going gears.

I was hoping someone had an explination. 400 ft lbs of torque to a tranny rated for 360 seems bad. And there is already an "iffy" warranty issue (not to get that started).

I'm thinking gears now.

What gears are you going with?

I don't think there would be an issue with the tranny unless you really push it. People have been adding power to Mustangs for years and not beefing up the transmissions. I would say that they will take much more that 360 ft-lbs without breaking. The rating is probably the max that the company is willing to back them on. It's like the weight capacity of trucks. 1/2 ton trucks are rated to carry around a ton but everybody knows they will carry much more.

I don't think there would be an issue with the tranny unless you really push it. People have been adding power to Mustangs for years and not beefing up the transmissions. I would say that they will take much more that 360 ft-lbs without breaking. The rating is probably the max that the company is willing to back them on. It's like the weight capacity of trucks. 1/2 ton trucks are rated to carry around a ton but everybody knows they will carry much more.

I'll buy that. I have been thinking of the torque rating and HOW it's rated although I don't know for sure, I wonder if it's potential energy vs. kenetic. If you were trying to pull a load and the transmission was taking the torque of the engine and could not transfer that energy, it would break at 360 ft lbs (potential energy). But with the energy traveling through the tranny it never really hits 360 ft lbs on any one part (kenetic energy).

Maybe that's too much thinking.....

I'll think I'll go kill some bain cells with beer now.

Ok Stump. As of this hour I have killed to many brain cells with Patron Platinum! Don't worry about the specifications and do whatever you want! If we were worried about the warranty we wouldn't be questioning the warranty now anyway!

Ok Stump. As of this hour I have killed to many brain cells with Patron Platinum! Don't worry about the specifications and do whatever you want! If we were worried about the warranty we wouldn't be questioning the warranty now anyway!

Yeah, I hit the Vodka last night. :blink:

Whats a warranty?

Archived