TEAM SHELBY FORUM

YES! Just got the call, what are you guys washing with?

greengiant

Whoo Hoo - Reliable Carriers just called.

0914 to arrive tomorrow.

Question, I've got the Zaino's for cleaning. Dumb question - for the washing, are you guys using a sponge? Soft washrag? What seems to be best to pull dust and not scratch?

60 grit sandpaper really gets the dirt off!

:D

I use terrycloth and a mild soap to wash with. Washing with dishwashing liquid will not hurt contrary to popular belief. The most it will do is remove the wax assuming somehow 1 TBSP of dishwashing soap can turn a 5 gallon bucket of water caustic.

Here lately I've been using a nice carwash in town that has a presoak and spot free rinse. It's great.

I dry with a soft terrycloth towl but buff and polish with microfiber. Eagle One wax as you dry is fantastic stuff between waxes just FYI.

Here is an old post of my hand wash system. You're about to get so many answers and different ways of doing this it's mind boggling!

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1075&hl=

One other thing, the Zaino system is HIGHLY popular but I prefer getting my detailing supplies from here -

http://www.topoftheline.com/

Yeah i worked for a body shop a few summers ago as an assistant and we detailed all our cars using a mild dish soap (i think it was dawn)... I have heard the same, that it is just an urban legend started by car soap companies so you will buy their products

Yea as they said. And no urban legend about the Dawn. You can use it but do so for removing carnuba wax and grease and such. I wouldnt use it all the time. Just before you do the Zaino or whatever system you are using. After that use the car wash with their system. I use Zaino and cant recommend it enough. I used it on my 06 GT and it was like silk. The first time you do the car it will take half a day at least. After that an hour and a half tops if addign another coat of polish.

I use a sponge that has a sort of fluffy mop material which surrounds it. It holds lots of soap. In addition, I recently started using one of those Mr. Clean Autodry systems. See Mr. Clean Autodry. I was skeptical at first, but it really works to stop the spots! For wax, I like Zymol or Mequiars.

I use a sponge that has a sort of fluffy mop material which surrounds it. It holds lots of soap. In addition, I recently started using one of those Mr. Clean Autodry systems. See Mr. Clean Autodry. I was skeptical at first, but it really works to stop the spots! For wax, I like Zymol or Mequiars.

I use the Mr. Clean system also. It dries almost 100% completely spot free, was hard to believe, if the car is really dirty I squirt some on a fluffy mop material hand mit and soap it down real good. This system really does work.

GG

Archived