TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Functional Mustang GT hood and spoiler options

BlueOval

Any opinions on great looking hoods for a 2007 Mustang GT? Any favorite brands?

I'm going to put a blower on my car when I get it so I want something that's functional and will help keep underhood temps down.

Oh! Does anyone know if the GT500 (or any other ducktail) spoiler will attach to the factory spoiler holes? I prefer to order the car with the spoiler instead of the spoiler delete option so I'd like to find one that will fit in the existing holes.

Thanks!

I'm going to put a blower on my car when I get it so I want something that's functional and will help keep underhood temps down.

Oh! Does anyone know if the GT500 (or any other ducktail) spoiler will attach to the factory spoiler holes? I prefer to order the car with the spoiler instead of the spoiler delete option so I'd like to find one that will fit in the existing holes.

Thanks!

For the Shelby Ducktail, look in the 2007 Mustang accessories book. You can buy that one and it fits in the current holes.

You may have to buy a hood based on how much engine clearence you need w/ the blower and plumbing.

You might look for a blower first. Keep us posted on your selections!

For the Shelby Ducktail, look in the 2007 Mustang accessories book. You can buy that one and it fits in the current holes.

You may have to buy a hood based on how much engine clearence you need w/ the blower and plumbing.

You might look for a blower first. Keep us posted on your selections!

Thanks for the headsup on the spoiler. I'm leaning towards the Saleen S281SC hood (~$895). It's ventilated and has a small rise in it for the Saleen s/c so it should work fine.

I'm putting the Roush blower on - and I don't need to change the hood. I doubt you'd have to with the Saleen - (but they can confirm/deny that). I don't want or need to spend $1k for a painted hood I don't really need. I like the stealthy approach anyway! Let 'em hear the whine and wonder!

Check out Cervini.com for bodywork. I just ordered their stainless grille for my inbound GT. :rockon:

I'm putting the Roush blower on - and I don't need to change the hood. I doubt you'd have to with the Saleen - (but they can confirm/deny that). I don't want or need to spend $1k for a painted hood I don't really need. I like the stealthy approach anyway! Let 'em hear the whine and wonder!

Check out Cervini.com for bodywork. I just ordered their stainless grille for my inbound GT. :rockon:

Hey Ruf... one thing that I learned from my truck is that the blower makes the underhood temps go outta site and we all know that heat kills!!!! lol Kills power anyway. It's about 106F every day right now in Dallas and I swear the truck is giving up 50HP due to the heat. Just drives like a dog compared to cooler temps right now.

The Saleen hood looks pretty understated but still retains it's heat extraction functionality. I did read on another thread that I can't recall but I think the Saleen blower doesn't fit with the stock hood. I may be wrong on that but I did read that somewhere on these forums. I'm still leaning to the Whipple though (if it's ever released) but could end up with anything as of now!

I have been checking out Cervini, too. Thanks! Heck, I've looked at every friggin' Mustang related site their is I think lol Sigh.... I need a life! hehe

Affirmative, man.

If you read any authoritative articles on heat retention with the stock hood - let us know. If heat is gong to be an issue - I'll reconsider a vented hood, for sure. :rockon:

Ok, reliable source tells me the stock hood WILL work with the Saleen VI blower. God only knows what I thought I read! lol

I still think I'm swapping the hood though - it's between the California Dreamin' and the Saleen SC hood. Oh, pretty much dead set on the Saleen VI twin screw, too! Talked with JDM and they have a pretty nice setup available for the '07 Mustang GT.

Cool. What are the numbers on the Saleen blower?

And - warranty?

Warranty? er... heck... I'm not even worried about that. I'm SURE it voids the powertrain warranty though just like my ProCharger voided my truck's powertrain warranty. I won't put the blower on until the shakedown cruise (first 2-3000 miles) are done but I think these motors will handle the power just fine. ha, there ARE always exceptions but the mod motor is pretty good.

The dyno slips I saw on another website showed 380-405RWHP with the 3-5PSI pulley and up to 460RWHP with 10-11PSI. I'm looking for about 430RWHP and will probably order my blower with the 9lb pulley. (I run 12# on my truck and it has no ill effects). I'll just fatten up the tune if necessary to keep the power down but I doubt I'll have to do that. Oh, the big numbers were guys who'd done exhaust, fuel, and maf mods, too. I plan on doing all of that as well. If you don't change the maf you'll start maxing out the volts on it so I'm doing that right off the bat.

THe most important thing with a blower is to keep the mixture below 12:1 at WOT. Once that's set, you just add spark until it detos then back it off a bti from there.

BTW, I'm not trying to be a Saleen advertisement! I'll preach the greatness of ProCharger all day long but I've already done that so I'm looking for something different - that's why I'm going with the twin screw on the Mustang.

No, my son, they blow! :hysterical:

Couldn't help myself.

BlueOval - I'm not as worry-free as you are. I need to stick with the Roush - mostly for the 3/36.

I also don't play cards for any kind of money!

Hey man, I understand about the warranty!!! I didn't know Ford would still honor the warranty with a Roush blower. Do you have to have it installed by a Ford tech? Do they limit the amount of boost you can run under warranty?

lol, I ain't worry free! Maybe I've gotten complacent though with the truck blower though.

Hell, I started reading about KB blowers last night on another forum and they're getting pretty insane power numbers and track times, too. Sooooooo many decisions to make. :shift:

Oh, yeah - they're making big numbers - but along with that comes the risk.

Mine will be a daily driver - so I'll have plenty of punch to play with.

A Certified Ford Tech has to install the Roush - and it has to remain at the preset boost of 5lbs for the warranty to remain intact. I asked could I have it polished - and they said no - you'd have to take it apart to do that.

So - if you want the big numbers - you gotta roll the dice.

My biggest challenge around here is a snotty neighbor with a stock C6. I think I'll be fine. :rockon:

Oh, yeah - they're making big numbers - but along with that comes the risk.

Mine will be a daily driver - so I'll have plenty of punch to play with.

A Certified Ford Tech has to install the Roush - and it has to remain at the preset boost of 5lbs for the warranty to remain intact. I asked could I have it polished - and they said no - you'd have to take it apart to do that.

So - if you want the big numbers - you gotta roll the dice.

My biggest challenge around here is a snotty neighbor with a stock C6. I think I'll be fine. :rockon:

That's cool. I know that Nissan dealers at one time would install and warranty ProCharger installations on the 350z (you own one I think? ...and I know it's not really pink!) but you had to have them install, too. They may still do that - I dunno.

hahahahaahahahaha, my sister has a C6. Obviously, I can't let her continue to have a faster vehicle than me. Obviously!

Thanks!

How about the Steeda Cowl Induction Hood?

http://www.machperformanceparts.com/mp/307-0011.html

steeda_05_06_cowl_hood.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived