TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone get home delivery? Did they call you first?

greengiant

The anticipation is killing me. John called last Friday to let me know that 0914 was finally put on a truck and headed out Saturday to Michigan with my car. Supercharged, so home delivery was the only way to go.

John called Monday figuring the car was here, unfortunately it wasn't and still isn't here... I'm dying.

Though, I wonder if the car actually shipped Monday. I think John checked the shipping and he said it went 6/11, which would have been Monday. Not Johns fault in any way, shape, or form. I appreciated the call to let me know it was coming, and his call hoping it was here.

But, by my calculations the folks in Chicago who got cars last week it took about 2 days to get there. I'm in Kalamazoo Michigan and figure that if they left Monday, today (Wednesday) would be the day it hit. Alas, no calls yet. I'm fortunate in that I have today as a light day at work, so I'm sitting here hoping they just forget to call and at some point a truck rolls up.

My big question for the home delivery folks though... did they call before they showed up, and any chance you know the company?

Thanks, the anticipation is killing me!!!

My car was the first 07 SGT to get home delivered, I received it on May 18. The truck driver called me the day before he was going to deliver to ask directions and to let me know what time he thought he would be there. I believe SAI is using several different companies for delivery, John told me which one and gave me the phone number and shipment number which I called to verify shipment. My car was delivered using Select 1 transport (phone-888-710-9700) and took 3 days to get delivered to Missouri.

Good Luck your gonna love it !!

Don

My car was the first 07 SGT to get home delivered, I received it on May 18. The truck driver called me the day before he was going to deliver to ask directions and to let me know what time he thought he would be there.

Didn't get home delivery but this was the same thing that the driver did even going to my dealer. They called the dealer the day before to verify office hours, location, delivery issues/location, etc., I think it's pretty standard practice for the drivers to call and verify as they go. They're on a tight schedule and can't afford to show up and no one is there or going to the wrong location. At least one would hope that's the practice! if not perhaps that's why it's taking so long! ;)

I've had a few cars delivered by carrier. The normal mode would be to call in advance. I received several calls on my last transport. When they entered the state, at the exit off the interstate and when they were turning onto my street. Good service.

I can see the anticipation is getting to you...... :D Almost there........enjoy!

YES!

Just got the call. Car should be here tomorrow morning (Thursday) about 8am.

Man, fortunately only one work appt tomorrow locally.

weather report - is sunny and clear. Good day for washing, waxing, and driving.

Someone isn't sleeping tonight!!!! :)

Archived