TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My First Post! Question on Price & Manual vs. Auto

RetroAlex

Hi Folks!

Became the proud owner of #2946 this past Saturday! :D (White/Auto) Special ordered it from the closest Ford dealer to the NASCAR Miami/Homestead Speedway. He still has a black manual Shelby GT on his showroom floor.....Sitting there for 3 months now. Prob cause of his 49K window sticker. Anyways, mine was the first Shelby GT sold out of his dealership....Don't know if any have sold further south.... ie. The Keys.... I followed eBay prices for about 2 months after my initial $1000 deposit on April 1st and negociated a price between 39K and 40K when it arrived.

(1) Everything being equal I was wondering if that is the going rate for the car??? I seen a few prices lower on eBay, but the dealer wouldnt budge! (Car has all the standard stuff...Interior Upgrade Package, Security System, GT Upfitters, etc.)

Also, (2) everything being equal if you pitted a manual Shelby GT vs. an automatic one, which do you think would beat the other and why???

Thanks for your input! :D

The former owner of a 2001 white mustang gt vert w/ premium wheels (My trade-In),

RetroAlex

Hi Folks!

Became the proud owner of #2946 this past Saturday! :D (White/Auto) Special ordered it from the closest Ford dealer to the NASCAR Miami/Homestead Speedway. He still has a black manual Shelby GT on his showroom floor.....Sitting there for 3 months now. Prob cause of his 49K window sticker. Anyways, mine was the first Shelby GT sold out of his dealership....Don't know if any have sold further south.... ie. The Keys.... I followed eBay prices for about 2 months after my initial $1000 deposit on April 1st and negociated a price between 39K and 40K when it arrived.

(1) Everything being equal I was wondering if that is the going rate for the car??? I seen a few prices lower on eBay, but the dealer wouldnt budge! (Car has all the standard stuff...Interior Upgrade Package, Security System, GT Upfitters, etc.)

Also, (2) everything being equal if you pitted a manual Shelby GT vs. an automatic one, which do you think would beat the other and why???

Thanks for your input! :D

The former owner of a 2001 white mustang gt vert w/ premium wheels (My trade-In),

RetroAlex

Congrats and welcome!!!

5 speed beats automatic with competant driver-automatic shifts more conservatively

Welcome to another happy owner. And welcome to the site.

Your first post and question is a loaded one. Price that is. The market is all over the board. You have tracked the e-bay postings so you have an idea. Some dealers who frequent the board are selling at MSRP some discounting. As long as you feel you received a good deal that is all that matters.

As responded above with a good driver the stick should beat the auto, that is all other factors being equal.

Welcome to the site and enjoy the new ride. :)

Retro, congrats and welcome to the family.

What other options did you get? Do some searches for "price" or "$460" or similar and you'll see some discussion about this. You are just a little over the average right now but if you got the NAV or Shaker 1000 then you should be just about on target.

I ordered mine Feb 21 and paid MSRP. Here is the breakdown:

Mustang GT Premium $26,875

18G IUP ___________$460

54U upfitters pkg ____$2140

delivery charges _____$745

Shelby pkg _________$8390

Active Alarm ________$325

Total MSRP _________$38,935

Thanks again for your comments! They are appreciated! :D

My auto trans is valued at $645.00 so that may be why I had a higher MSRP......just guessing.

And another note.....on just how much a joy this car is to drive!!! I consider it a privilege very few people have....The amount of looks this cars gets astonishes me. I wasn't prepared for that part! Everybody at the office wants a ride! And the sound....prob very scary to other drivers.....Ive had other cars follow me for blocks! My cousin says it looks like a standard race car needing only the big circle number decal on its sides!

Thank you Shelby Autos for partnering again with Ford! I've been reading "SHELBY. The Man. The Cars. The Legend" (Wyss/2007) to learn about the history....Now we all are a part of it!

RetroAlex :D

Retro, congrats and welcome to the family.

What other options did you get? Do some searches for "price" or "$460" or similar and you'll see some discussion about this. You are just a little over the average right now but if you got the NAV or Shaker 1000 then you should be just about on target.

I ordered mine Feb 21 and paid MSRP. Here is the breakdown:

Mustang GT Premium $26,875

18G IUP ___________$460

54U upfitters pkg ____$2140

delivery charges _____$745

Shelby pkg _________$8390

Active Alarm ________$325

Total MSRP _________$38,935

What about the California Fascia?

The auto will shift more conservatively however the tune takes care of alot of that and the throttle lag from the drive by wire system which is an issue in both manual and auto without the tune. There is a guy over at Themustangsource.com that has like 600 HP in his mustang GT and he has a auto tranny and swears by it. he has one of the fastest times posted on the site and there are alot and he loves the tranny. I had an 06 mustang GT with an auto until a month ago and I can tell you the auto is fantastic. I went with the manual in my SGT and there are times I ask my self why. But I will live with this one :)

Archived