TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When will the GT-H Convertible be available to rent

Hello!

My last conversation with Hertz @ McCarren Airport said they had expected them to be available by the beginning of June, and they were getting rid of their coupes within the next few days. They sent me to the reservation center which did not know anything about the convertibles. There's now an advertisement in the July '07 Car & Driver for the convertible and also Road and Track July '07. However, the reservations people said they hadn't received any information on it, expected it in the next few days.

I did talk to a Hertz rep the other day who told me that they could log in the computer under the GT-H as a prefer convertible, however when I pull up the reservation, it shows I rented a coupe. I'm going to wait a few more days until I see it either on the site or I get confirmation from Hertz that they have it in the system to modify my reservation.

It should be in the next couple of weeks. McCarren's rep said if they missed the summer here with a convertible, they were losing money, and they wanted the 'verts out as soon as possible.

So give it a couple weeks.

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rented a GT-H convertible in Boston last week.

At the Hertz office at Logan Airport, they have two.

Needless to say, it was an awsome experience! :lol:

Mine was brand new; it had 10 miles on the odo and had not yet been rented.

The most impressive thing about this car is the exhaust sound - this experience is amplified when the top is down.

Good work to all at SAI.

post-2905-1144678456_thumb.jpg

WOW yesterday I just saw a GT-H Convertible around where i live! It was amazing, I spotted out from 2 blocks down knowing it's a GT-H Convertible. But i don't get is where did the guy rent that?! I have check Hertz.com partically everyday and it's not listed yet! Unless he got lucky where GT-H Convertible just arrived at that airport and he happened to be there and rented it. Look forward renting one before they get beat up. I rented GT-H 3 times and 2 out 3 times there is something either missing or broke. Once was the hood pin got ripped out so i only have 1 hood pin. Second was the front facia was so damaged, it was like dragging on the ground and i had to tape it.

They (GT-H converts) are not listed on the Hertz reservation website!

I reserved a Mustang convertible - when I got to the Boston airport rental office, they asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the Shelby.

I said sure thing :rolleyes: , and in less than 5 minutes, I drove off!

I just booked mine yesterday for Honolulu, HI for mid-September!! :)

I rented a coupe last December in Vegas. Drove it up to SAI (they were great), down to Hoover Dam, and through Red Rock Canyon. Lots of fun! Convertible should be even more so... so should the scenery.

The Hertz site still doesn't differentiate. The picture for the GT-H on their site now shows a convertible as of yesterday, however it doesn't state that it's a convertible. So, I called the Hertz counter at HNL (Honolulu Int'l) in Oahu. The local Customer Service Rep at the airport, Jen, told me they had coupe and convertible Shelby's at their location right now, but that my online reservation indicated a coupe. So, she transferred me to the Hertz #1 Gold customer service line. They said both were considered same class of vehicle, so all she was able to do was indicated a preference for the convertible in the comments.

I just booked mine yesterday for Honolulu, HI for mid-September!! :)

I rented a coupe last December in Vegas. Drove it up to SAI (they were great), down to Hoover Dam, and through Red Rock Canyon. Lots of fun! Convertible should be even more so... so should the scenery.

The Hertz site still doesn't differentiate. The picture for the GT-H on their site now shows a convertible as of yesterday, however it doesn't state that it's a convertible. So, I called the Hertz counter at HNL (Honolulu Int'l) in Oahu. The local Customer Service Rep at the airport, Jen, told me they had coupe and convertible Shelby's at their location right now, but that my online reservation indicated a coupe. So, she transferred me to the Hertz #1 Gold customer service line. They said both were considered same class of vehicle, so all she was able to do was indicated a preference for the convertible in the comments.

I actually got that same run around - Vegas said they had 10 coupes and 5 convertibles. I told the I really wanted to book the convertible, I made my reservation in May and I new they were supose to be coming out. The best they could do is put on my Hertz #1 Gold that my preference was a convertible and to check at the counter when I got there to see if they could bump it to a convertible since the web site does not differentiate. I got to the counter and was pleading and begging. They said they were all out and I could come back in the morning and trade it out if one showed up. I was walking out to the car and not really paying attention. I almost had my key in the trunk before I noticed that I actually had one. It was great, we did drive it to SAI and take some pictures (they were closed for the weekend) then out to the Dam. But here's the bad part. I went to turn the car it and the lady asked me what did I get it up to. I told her that I could not find a real good deserted road to were I felt OK to get on it. She said, you mean you didn't take it out to the track? DUH!, She said everyone takes these out to the drag strip out by SAI. Well anyway, we still had a great time.

I actually rented my first one in Honolulu in December. That place is so crowded. If you really what to have a nice drive, take it out a little before sunrise (I won't be that difficult due to jet lag). Got some good pictures then and not many people on the road out around Diamondhead. And then there is and elevated highway with tunnels through the mountains through the center center of the island. I think it was H1. You can really hear it roar out there. Sounds like a NASCAR race going through the tunnels.

So good luck with the convertible, it will be really nice in Hawaii. Not as hot as Vegas in the summer!

Oh and here are some of my Hawaii GT-H pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/kdhigh/sets/72157594426458849/

Well I booked my GT-H for October for my Trip to the Hot Wheels Convention, I am really hoping to get a convertable. How many coupes could be left??? I am going to try calling The Orange County Airport Hertz to see if they even still have coupes. The first quote I got was $150.00 a day without Insurance I did not take that one I logged back in a day later and it was 108.50 a day so I booked it... We will see... I hope that it is a vert!

Jay

Archived