TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT1000 on Ebay?

This is ShelbyGT #2720 with some gobbledegook about being an upgraded GT500 to a GT1000. Huh??!! :o

"2007 Shelby Mustang GT1000 power packed for the heaviest foot. This GT500 has been upgraded to a GT1000/GT Upfitters package. Rear spoiler, satin aluminum panel, front scoop with hood pins, upgraded 18 inch tires. Only picky Shelby buyers need apply."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Shelby...1QQcmdZViewItem

This just kills me....... :lol::lol::lol:

These guys are right up here in my area. They were, don't know if they still are, a stocking Saleen and Roush dealer.

Must be some rookie who placed the ad. God....it will never end. :rolleyes:

This is ShelbyGT #2720 with some gobbledegook about being an upgraded GT500 to a GT1000. Huh??!! :o

"2007 Shelby Mustang GT1000 power packed for the heaviest foot. This GT500 has been upgraded to a GT1000/GT Upfitters package. Rear spoiler, satin aluminum panel, front scoop with hood pins, upgraded 18 inch tires. Only picky Shelby buyers need apply."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Shelby...1QQcmdZViewItem

That listing makes no sense at all. First off, it is not a GT500 at all. It is only or at least was a Shelby GT which has nothing to do with the GT500.

So it appears they are calling it 3 different things. A Shelby GT, a Shelby GT500 and a Shelbt GT1000 whatever that is suppose to be!

i thought they all said ford GT on the gas cap? think hes refering to the sticker...i cant see it from here but maybe its a saleen sticker :(

No that's the Dealership logo on the lower left. It is in the shape of a lions head the words rodman ford make up the mane. I can't copy the logo, but take my word for it, I've seen it many times. And yes, you are right, GT is on all of the SGT's I've seen.

Stump, help us out here!

No that's the Dealership logo on the lower left. It is in the shape of a lions head the words rodman ford make up the mane. I can't copy the logo, but take my word for it, I've seen it many times. And yes, you are right, GT is on all of the SGT's I've seen.

Stump, help us out here!

I was referring to the sticker. Dealerships advertising on cars are a pet peeve of mine and then to put a sticker on this car, a car as rare as the SGT1000 none the less just floored me!.. :lol:

EDIT: I just read the whole ad myself..Ahahahahaha....Ahahahahahahah...Ahahahahahahaah. GT1000 Ahahahahahah..........Ahahahahahah. Heaviest Foot and the most picky Shelby buyers need apply!!!! Again...Ahahahahahahah. Ahahahahahahahahah Now that just kills me really!

Please notice the name of the Ford dealership, Rodman Ford. I think the name fits!

I bought my SGT from this dealer and they were some nice folks. They had no clue concerning the SGT, but, gee...if we started faulting the dealers for that....

Of course, the names on the listing have changed (to protect the innocent?).

Why ever would we fault a dealer who is suppoed to know what he is selling??! I know if I ordered something that costs this much and was gong to sell it I would know my a*s from my elbow before hand. And I also spoke with Rodman when I was looking for mine. The guy I dealt with was nice but they wanted to play the ADM game. They lost. I ended up getting it from family Ford in Chicopee if you know of them. They were terrific.

Maybe they are mis-informed,and are calling it a GT1000 in reference to it having the shaker 1000 system.

If that's the case,the wifey has a GT1000 too :)

Or maybe it's because they want a $1000 deposit at auctions end?

Glad they didn't want a $1346.67 deposit. Just think of the confusion on the car name then??

I draw your attention to the rear bumper....

Hey they may be 'tards but at least they have not drilled the front bumper yet!

OMG....they actually stuck their $@!! dealership sticker on the car? Who does that to a car like this? Throw a rear plate holder on or something...ugh....total incompetence. As for the ad copy, I mean really just copy the silly Ford/SAI stickers! What's so difficult about that! Problem here, for them, is it's an invalid listing as it sits. Anyone can bid and get out of it as the item is not as it was represented. Beyond stupid....I mean be a moron in person, but hey Mr. Internet Sales Manager, at least get it right on ebay! :o

...I sent them a question or actually more of a comment but have not received a reply.

I think it would be hilarious to send them a link to this thread! Maybe one would sign on and start whining about how we're big meanie's and how we hurt their feelings!....

Ohhhh the fun :D

In fact, I think I will.

I think it would be hilarious to send them a link to this thread! Maybe one would sign on and start whining about how we're big meanie's and how we hurt their feelings!....

Ohhhh the fun :D

In fact, I think I will.

<_< :blink: :lol::lol:

• 4 years later...

We bought a 07 GT in the spring and I did a search for it's serial number and found this Tread. The guy who bought it back in 07 traded it in for a 2010 or 2011 GT500 they had in the show room. I'm not sure if the original owner took it off but it still has the dam lion (Rodman) sticker on it..

The salesman was nice but they still don't have a clue he kept calling it a GT350.

Archived