TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powered by Ford

ShelbyPilot

Bugger I didn't proof read, the topic title should read "Powered by Ford, Stolen by Foose"

So while I am waiting for my turn at a barber today, I was flipping through the June issue of Mustang Monthly and I come across an article about the Supercharged Foose Stallion. Something that interest me since it's right in our class and what do I see.........on the fender, slightly above where our cars say "Shelby GT," there is our same "Powered by Ford" badge. It is lower on the fender then ours but it is there. Actually it was hard to see since they had a picture highlighting it.

The car pictured was a prototype version of a car that will see production later. It actually had a Roush Charger making 445 HP but it is supposed to get the Ford Whipple in production.

insert coments below..........

Bugger I didn't proof read, the topic title should read "Powered by Ford, Stolen by Foose"

So while I am waiting for my turn at a barber today, I was flipping through the June issue of Mustang Monthly and I come across an article about the Supercharged Foose Stallion. Something that interest me since it's right in our class and what do I see.........on the fender, slightly above where our cars say "Shelby GT," there is our same "Powered by Ford" badge. It is lower on the fender then ours but it is there. Actually it was hard to see since they had a picture highlighting it.

The car pictured was a prototype version of a car that will see production later. It actually had a Roush Charger making 445 HP but it is supposed to get the Ford Whipple in production.

insert coments below..........

I'm sure it is probably a cool car but a Foose is not a Shelby. That guy designs paint jobs. Our cars have a heritage behind them. Ever heard of a Foose whipping Ferrari at Le Mans?

lol, don't worry I didn't mean to say Foose was in the same league as Mr. Shelby.

My point was more to the "Powered by Ford" badge. Is it flattering they are copying? I thought the badge was exclusive to the Shelby GT? Is Ford now allowing others to use it?

Socal,

I have seen them for sale in the Mustang parts catalog's that my son receives . Mustang's Unlimited has the emblem don't know the price though. I want to say $35 or so. Don't know if it's Ford part or copy.

lol, don't worry I didn't mean to say Foose was in the same league as Mr. Shelby.

My point was more to the "Powered by Ford" badge. Is it flattering they are copying? I thought the badge was exclusive to the Shelby GT? Is Ford now allowing others to use it?

Eh, who cares. There have been "Powered by Ford" badges, stickers, and valve covers for years. The ones that really matter are the six little letters on the sides and backs of our cars. S H E L B Y

Eh, who cares. There have been "Powered by Ford" badges, stickers, and valve covers for years. The ones that really matter are the six little letters on the sides and backs of our cars. S H E L B Y

Good point!

....I know you are right, I am probably just going through withdrawls.

Just curious Socal, are you tied in with NASCAR or one of the networks? I noticed in another post that you said you had been in Dover last weekend and you seem to stay on the road alot.

......no. I am just a NASCAR fan who happened to be in Southeastern PA for the last two weeks visiting family. So, I went to the Dover race.

Someone on here a while back had a side by side comparison of those badges that you can buy , and there is a definate difference in the appearance.

If so, that IS a bummer. I'm already seeing front grills that look identical to ours. I think it was Steeda that had them.

Don't look at it as a bad thing. Remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Let them have their badges but there is one thing they cannot get, a CSM number.

Cloners will be cloners. I had a clone 1966 GT350. I bought that car back in 1982, and it was doen absolutely incredible! The guy who I bought it from had the Ford dealer in Seattle do the clone job for him in 1966 right in their shop. The word he used for his clone was "psuedo shelby", really. So back then is was "psuedo" now it is "clone" both being the same. So even back then the people who could not afford a real shelby bought a or made one that looked like it. And it still goes on today!

guys the foose stalion is made by Unique performance, not Ford. Its a post title mod. It does have the powered by ford new badge that is on the Shelby Gt. The cars are powered by Ford and it's a mark Ford wishes to bring back and use in their strength in Power and performance.

Stop worrying, the car you have or are getting is unique for the partnership that is Ford and Shelby

Amy

I suspect you will see the new badge show up on other Ford vehicles besides Mustangs ...it is pure 1960's Ford (Total Performance Era) and not limited to Mustangs nor Shelby vehicles. "Powered by Ford" was a very popular valve cover back in the day for 289 engines also. With all due respect to SAI I do not think they designed this 'new' badge but it arrived at SAI internally from Ford or in the alternative SAI desinged it and received the license from Ford to use it on the condition that Ford could license it to others. It is also a production issue (volume)--Ford had these produced somewhere by the thousands...thus an instant sale to SAI for the GTH's and GT's (7000-10000 copies) as well as other vendors of interest (Foose etc)--like Amy stated above its a catchy name from the past that Ford wants out in the open again. Pure retro and very cool.

..........Thank You, They are the American Racing GT40 wheel (some call them the 40th Anniversary). They are from the same line of Shelby Legend wheels. You can find them on American Racings web site. They are a bit more expensive then the Razors or Redlines.

Hey Socaljafo I linked your pics and saw those badass wheels your have. Did not look like Razors or Redlines to me. What are those badboys?

Thanks,

Steve

Thxs for the info. Going to check them out now. Again SWEET mods.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I own a 05 Mustang GT. I am not trying to make a clone, but I do LOVE the Powered by Ford

emblems used on the Shelby GT.

Does anyone know if Shelby will start selling these? They go on EBAY for over $200 a set. I understand why they want to make these cars exclusive, but that would be what the Vin number and dash plaque would be for.

I don't understand why Shelby would not sell these, since the sell the Shelby and Cobra emblems.

Seems like they could make a mint off selling these.

If you look at the details of the new "Powered by Ford" emblem, it is very similar in look and feel to all the new Ford badges. So I bet it is a Ford designed item and they get to decide the (obviously) limited uses it gets. I wouldn't be supprized if it shows up on all the factory autherized "tunner" editions (Foose, Shelby, Saleen, Roush) of the Mustang as that one unifying Ford brand element.

I own a 05 Mustang GT. I am not trying to make a clone, but I do LOVE the Powered by Ford

emblems used on the Shelby GT.

Does anyone know if Shelby will start selling these? They go on EBAY for over $200 a set. I understand why they want to make these cars exclusive, but that would be what the Vin number and dash plaque would be for.

I don't understand why Shelby would not sell these, since the sell the Shelby and Cobra emblems.

Seems like they could make a mint off selling these.

Don't clone, clones are out of style big time. Poeple know those who clone just can't afford to buy the real deal and it is low class. I would just make your Gt the nicest I could and be proud of it! B)

Don't clone, clones are out of style big time. Poeple know those who clone just can't afford to buy the real deal and it is low class. I would just make your Gt the nicest I could and be proud of it! B)

No, I said I WASN'T cloning, I think that is bush and being a poser. I just want the Powered by Ford emblems.

I just don't understand why they won't sell those, but sell the Cobra emblems and Shelby lettering.

I suspect you will see the new badge show up on other Ford vehicles besides Mustangs ...it is pure 1960's Ford (Total Performance Era) and not limited to Mustangs nor Shelby vehicles. "Powered by Ford" was a very popular valve cover back in the day for 289 engines also. With all due respect to SAI I do not think they designed this 'new' badge but it arrived at SAI internally from Ford or in the alternative SAI desinged it and received the license from Ford to use it on the condition that Ford could license it to others. It is also a production issue (volume)--Ford had these produced somewhere by the thousands...thus an instant sale to SAI for the GTH's and GT's (7000-10000 copies) as well as other vendors of interest (Foose etc)--like Amy stated above its a catchy name from the past that Ford wants out in the open again. Pure retro and very cool.

Remember there will be no more blacks or whites, we got'em!

Ok. I'm going to regret this but "bush"?

What's he getting blamed for now?

I had a guy at work tell me Bush is the reason he overcharged his credit cards and is in debt....no kidding :blink:

LOL, No I'm not blaming ole George. He does get a very unfair amount of blame.

I was saying bush league. No reference at all to the Commander in Chief.

Archived