TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Pricing

Guys,

I appreciate all the comments, so let me set somethings straight.

The price is 27,995. I had said a while ago that this would be expensive, because of all the parts and because of all the tooling.

This is a reference for high end 4.6 550 hp car. I agree this is an expensive package, but we did what we could do, without hurting the integrity of a limited package. and its a 5.4 with over 700HP.

If you look at the sum of everything in the kit, it is certainly more then the top of the line packages being offered for the 4.6 mustang not Shelby's

examples: SALEEN S281 EXTREME COUPE BASE PRICE:$ 70,391

SALEEN S281 EXTREME CONVERTIBLE BASE PRICE: $75,600

Roush stage 3 Blackjack edition 430 hp CORE COMPONENTS - $28,782 + S&H above the car price

Rouch stage 3 Mustang with 425 Hp CORE COMPONENTS - $21,000 + S&H above the car price

GT500 Super Snake package components

Exterior

Shelby Super Snake Hood

Carbon fiber front fascia splitter

Carbon fiber mirror covers

Carbon fiber rocker panels

SHELBY deck lid letter kit

Super Snake badging- front grille and front fenders

Sequential tail lights

Super Snake striping

Front brake duct kit

Rear brake duct kit

Interior

CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque

CSM consecutively numbered plaque in engine compartment

Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number

Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)

Shelby floor mats,

Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and dip stick handle

Center gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges

(boost,fuel pressure,oil pressure)

Aluminum Shelby map light accent

Satin door lock knobs

Performance

Shelby Supercharger Upgrade 600- 725+

Cold Air intake

Shelby/Baer 6 piston caliper bake system

Shelby short throw shifter

Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Borla cat-back exhaust system

Tires and Wheels

20" Shelby Alcoa wheels (bright silver finish 20X9 front 20X10 rear)

Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front 275/35ZR20 rear

I think theres more, I will double check the list. We know this is expensive, we know it will be limited, we put together the best package we could for the top of the line Shelby Gt500.

Amy

Shelby Super Snake Hood

The way this is phrased implies that the hood will not be carbon fiber, is this correct? I would think that since the KR hood is CF, the SS hood would be too, especially as part of the $28000 package. :huh:

The way this is phrased implies that the hood will not be carbon fiber, is this correct? I would think that since the KR hood is CF, the SS hood would be too, especially as part of the $28000 package. :huh:

Strange that Amy can find the time to answer questions on the StangsUnleashed web forum but can't seem to find the time to answer questions on the SAI web forum????

Here's what she posted on June 4 at StangsUnleashed regarding the hood,

"The hood is fiberglass.

The brakes are front full change and rotor s in the back

We have dyno, but we are lokking at the 600HP, the 700hp and even more, nothing to publish yet

Amy"

Here's the link to the StangsUnleashed page that I took the above quote from http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...500#entry158297 .

Also, if you check out the July issue of Road & Track there is a picture of a black Super Snake with standard hood pins on wire tethers, not the push-down, turn-lock style pins supplied on the KR hood and shown on the red Super Snake pictured in the Motor Trend side bar.

What else is different about the Super Snake's than what's previously been reported???

I can understand that the SS project has been in the development stage and things do change accordingly, but if John is contacting people on the SS list (for deposits I would guess???) as reported by Amy on May 28th again at StangsUnleashed http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...500#entry154293 than SAI needs to nail down all the particulars and answer SAI's forum members questions, good customer service practices and the $28,000 price tag of the SS package dictate this IMHO...And yes, I own my own 29 year old wholesale business that sells manufactured goods to dealers; I know how to provide good customer service.

Now with that said, there are several question on the SAI Super Snake forum that have gone unanswered by SAI:

May 16 by jimboddeg "SS Stripe Question" topic post

May 31 by WP64 "SS Time Line" topic post

May 31 by Wolf "SS Options" topic post

May 5 by darkside "SS Parts Availability" topic post

May 6 by WP64 "A Question For SAI-Amy, SS Horsepower Ratings" topic post

May 6 by Wolf "Shelby SS Hood" (in "SS Pricing" topic post)

May 7 by venomsnake regarding the rearend gears (in "SS Pricing" topic post)

You can kill the messanger (that would be me) for bringing this up, but SAI is going to ask us to pony-up $28K for the SS package and we have some questions that need to be answered before we commit and lay down the deposit.

Sorry to be a thorn in your side Amy, but do we need to go to StangsUnleashed to get our questions about the Super Snake answered?

WP

Strange that Amy can find the time to answer questions on the StangsUnleashed web forum but can't seem to find the time to answer questions on the SAI web forum????

Here's what she posted on June 4 at StangsUnleashed regarding the hood,

"The hood is fiberglass.

The brakes are front full change and rotor s in the back

We have dyno, but we are lokking at the 600HP, the 700hp and even more, nothing to publish yet

Amy"

Here's the link to the StangsUnleashed page that I took the above quote from http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...500#entry158297 .

Also, if you check out the July issue of Road & Track there is a picture of a black Super Snake with standard hood pins on wire tethers, not the push-down, turn-lock style pins supplied on the KR hood and shown on the red Super Snake pictured in the Motor Trend side bar.

What else is different about the Super Snake's than what's previously been reported???

I can understand that the SS project has been in the development stage and things do change accordingly, but if John is contacting people on the SS list (for deposits I would guess???) as reported by Amy on May 28th again at StangsUnleashed http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...500#entry154293 than SAI needs to nail down all the particulars and answer SAI's forum members questions, good customer service practices and the $28,000 price tag of the SS package dictate this IMHO...And yes, I own my own 29 year old wholesale business that sells manufactured goods to dealers; I know how to provide good customer service.

Now with that said, there are several question on the SAI Super Snake forum that have gone unanswered by SAI:

May 16 by jimboddeg "SS Stripe Question" topic post

May 31 by WP64 "SS Time Line" topic post

May 31 by Wolf "SS Options" topic post

May 5 by darkside "SS Parts Availability" topic post

May 6 by WP64 "A Question For SAI-Amy, SS Horsepower Ratings" topic post

May 6 by Wolf "Shelby SS Hood" (in "SS Pricing" topic post)

May 7 by venomsnake regarding the rearend gears (in "SS Pricing" topic post)

You can kill the messanger (that would be me) for bringing this up, but SAI is going to ask us to pony-up $28K for the SS package and we have some questions that need to be answered before we commit and lay down the deposit.

Sorry to be a thorn in your side Amy, but do we need to go to StangsUnleashed to get our questions about the Super Snake answered?

WP

WP, I post on both sites and John and Bud also post here. We answer what we can when we can. Be careful how you post, Your mention of questions above does nothing to help me find them, you would have been smarter to have re posted the questions for me to answer. Also, If you are on the List, John calls and explains everything on the phone.

Also do not tell me how to do customer service, your post is rude, you are being a condesending and I don't appreciate it. You have an issue, state it, you want an answer state the question.

I also have no idea of a black Super snake, there is no such car and I didnt see it in the mag either. The KR car has the lock down hood pins, the Super snake has the ones like the Gt-H and the Selby GT. I posted the list up above, the same list on Stangs and since you read both sites, you oviously haven't missed any of my info.

So, if you have a question ask it.....

Amy,

When can we expect to be contacted to intially ship our GT500's to you.

For those that agree on the pricing of the package and want to do the deal, we want to know the overall program. From that, we can delve into the details. So far, I've only receive general info and want to start to get involved in the transformation. We've read through other comments that SAI seems to be backed up, so it's up to you to at least start the contact process.

Thanks for all of the hard work. Awaiting your response.

Bob

:D I really want to be the only one in Arkansas or at least N.W. Arkansas to Have or get on any (Guaranteed) spot on the Upgrade list for the Super Snake. Please, help me with this Mission in any way possilbe, any and all information will be EXTREMELY appreciated. This is the Re-birth of American Muscle!! :D

Amy,

I'm on the supersnake list and would like to verify if the car will pass emissions testing once it is modified. I live in California and you probably know we have to pass an emissions test every two years.

Thanks,

Randy Dragoo

yes, it will pass

Amy,

When can we expect to be contacted to intially ship our GT500's to you.

For those that agree on the pricing of the package and want to do the deal, we want to know the overall program. From that, we can delve into the details. So far, I've only receive general info and want to start to get involved in the transformation. We've read through other comments that SAI seems to be backed up, so it's up to you to at least start the contact process.

Thanks for all of the hard work. Awaiting your response.

Bob

Hi Bob, the calls have started so, when you get the call, ask all the questions, thanks

:D I really want to be the only one in Arkansas or at least N.W. Arkansas to Have or get on any (Guaranteed) spot on the Upgrade list for the Super Snake. Please, help me with this Mission in any way possilbe, any and all information will be EXTREMELY appreciated. This is the Re-birth of American Muscle!! :D

Call the las vegas office and get on the list, no one from AK is on it yet

yes, it will pass

Hi Bob, the calls have started so, when you get the call, ask all the questions, thanks

Call the las vegas office and get on the list, no one from AK is on it yet

I called 2 days ago and left a message on John's voicemail, but haven't had a responce as of yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived