TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Covers and Seat Covers

I have looked at several different car covers and don't see a big difference in anything but the price. Any recommendations on car covers? Also I was looking at the neoprene seat covers. They look really nice but how safe are they for the seats? Any input would be great!

I have looked at several different car covers and don't see a big difference in anything but the price. Any recommendations on car covers? Also I was looking at the neoprene seat covers. They look really nice but how safe are they for the seats? Any input would be great!

Neoprene causes color damage

Neoprene causes color damage

The Ford cover came with my car. It is thick, fits like a glove, has a hole for the antenna, has a Snake on the hood and SHELBY in big letters across the rear. Leaves no lint on the vert's top. I could not ask for more in a cover.

The Ford cover came with my car. It is thick, fits like a glove, has a hole for the antenna, has a Snake on the hood and SHELBY in big letters across the rear. Leaves no lint on the vert's top. I could not ask for more in a cover.

What was the $$$$$?

Came with the car? Which one comes with a cover?

What was the $$$$$?

I have the same Ford Shelby GT500 cover, it is an excellent car cover and does fit like a glove as Joe pointed out. The Ford part number is 7R3Z19A412A and the list price is $464 and the dealer cost $282.24, I paid $403.34 including tax. The OEM that makes these covers for Ford is Covercraft Industries in Paul's Valley, OK and their phone number is (405)238-9651; they probably sell the cover themselves w/o the cobra hood emblem and Shelby lettering across the back for less money, but you'll have to contact them to find out.

Cheers,

WP

Now that I know the neoprene is out any other suggestions. I could use towels but I was looking for something a little nicer and that would cover the back of the seat? Thanks for the response.

You have a beautiful leather interior...leave it alone

I have the same Ford Shelby GT500 cover, it is an excellent car cover and does fit like a glove as Joe pointed out. The Ford part number is 7R3Z19A412A and the list price is $464 and the dealer cost $282.24, I paid $403.34 including tax. The OEM that makes these covers for Ford is Covercraft Industries in Paul's Valley, OK and their phone number is (405)238-9651; they probably sell the cover themselves w/o the cobra hood emblem and Shelby lettering across the back for less money, but you'll have to contact them to find out.

Cheers,

WP

Thanks for the info.

I called Covercraft, they have a nice website, and they do indeed make the OEM Shelby cover for the GT500. It is made of their Weathershield fabric which is their best fabric for outdoor use and is superior even to their Noah fabric. There is a fabric comparison table on their website. It is also the only fabric which permits home washing. I hose off the cover (with the car in it) when it gets dirty, car stays clean underneath. Great cover.

Archived