TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New addition to the family

Ok guys & girls. We found out today that our first child is going to be a girl, which is great but it presents a problem. We had a boys name all picked out but had not really given any thought to a girls name. We have two possibilities. Hers is Maggie Grace. Maggie after her grandmother and Grace just because she likes it. Mine is Shelby Harris. Shelby is a no-brainer and Harris is my mothers maiden name.

What do y'all think? Any other suggestions? We are really short on female names as both our families are dominated by males.

Ok guys & girls. We found out today that our first child is going to be a girl, which is great but it presents a problem. We had a boys name all picked out but had not really given any thought to a girls name. We have two possibilities. Hers is Maggie Grace. Maggie after her grandmother and Grace just because she likes it. Mine is Shelby Harris. Shelby is a no-brainer and Harris is my mothers maiden name.

What do y'all think? Any other suggestions? We are really short on female names as both our families are dominated by males.

Amy comes to mind?

I like Tiffany or Ava.

My 3 choices

Karoll Shelby

Carol Shelby

Shelby Grace Trace..........Her initials would be SGT

LMAO.....I have thought about mentioning Carrol or Shelby to my wife if we are blessed with a second. I think however, that would be the straw that would have me sleeping in the car.

I Could think of lots worse places to sleep. Those seats are pretty comfortable.

For those of you that are interested we have settled on a name. Mary Katherine, after her grandmother and mine. We wanted to use Shelby but one of my best friends oldest is named Shelby and I thought it might get a little confusing.

She should arrive around the first of October and she will be brought home in the Shelby wearing a UT(University of Tennessee) outfit. I guess you could say we are starting the training out early and correctly. :D

For those of you that are interested we have settled on a name. Mary Katherine, after her grandmother and mine. We wanted to use Shelby but one of my best friends oldest is named Shelby and I thought it might get a little confusing.

She should arrive around the first of October and she will be brought home in the Shelby wearing a UT(University of Tennessee) outfit. I guess you could say we are starting the training out early and correctly. :D

Make sure you don't inadvertantly take your wife to the "Mod Shop" for delivery or you might not see Mary Katherine until spring instead of October. :)

Congrats! And good health to mom and daughter.

When i went to Catholic school, one of my teachers was,

Sister Mary Katherine.

Not to worry though, She was an Angel....................... :)

Archived