TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Post: Question about rarity

Hi everyone, this is my first post of what I hope be many. I recently found an 07 Shelby GT500 in Black with tungsten stipe. This is not my first color choice, but the dealer is selling it to me at MSRP as I am a long time Ford customer (and they get dibs on a KR if they sell the Shelby soon, or so I am told, but could be BS). His original ADM was 3 grand over, but he's willing to sell it to me for MSRP. I really wanted white w/blue stripe, or blue on white, but at this stage, I will take what I can get.

I understand that these cars will be VERY collectible in the future (and arguably already are), and I am a HUGE Ford fan (owned Fords all my life), but I am wondering how desirable the black/tungsten car really is compared to the white/blue cars, and also just how rare the black cars really are. Please know that I am not a speculator, a collector, or a reseller. If I buy the car, I will drive it like I stole it, and I will keep it for a VERY long time. MSRP is 45k for the car. Here are the stats:

Optional Equipment

2007 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

BLACK W/BLACK ACCENT LTHR

.5.4L SC 4V V8 ENGINE

.6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

.P255/45/R18 FRT 285/40R18 RR

JOB #2 ORDER

*** GAS GUZZLER TAX *** $1,300

MUSTANG VPC SHIP THRU

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC $195

GT500 PREMIER TRIM PACKAGE $595

SHELBY TUNGSTEN TAPE STRIPE

SHAKER 1000 AUDIO SYSTEM $1,295

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $44,315

DESTINATION & DELIVERY $745

TOTAL MSRP $45,060

Hi everyone, this is my first post of what I hope be many. I recently found an 07 Shelby GT500 in Black with tungsten stipe. This is not my first color choice, but the dealer is selling it to me at MSRP as I am a long time Ford customer (and they get dibs on a KR if they sell the Shelby soon, or so I am told, but could be BS). His original ADM was 3 grand over, but he's willing to sell it to me for MSRP. I really wanted white w/blue stripe, or blue on white, but at this stage, I will take what I can get.

I understand that these cars will be VERY collectible in the future (and arguably already are), and I am a HUGE Ford fan (owned Fords all my life), but I am wondering how desirable the black/tungsten car really is compared to the white/blue cars, and also just how rare the black cars really are. Please know that I am not a speculator, a collector, or a reseller. If I buy the car, I will drive it like I stole it, and I will keep it for a VERY long time. MSRP is 45k for the car. Here are the stats:

Optional Equipment

2007 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

.5.4L SC 4V V8 ENGINE

JOB #2 ORDER

MUSTANG VPC SHIP THRU

TOTAL MSRP $45,060

For MSRP I would be on that in a New York second! Who cares about color at that price!

The red and the white are the most popular. Black is 3rd. Blue 4th. Tungsten 5th, Alloy and grabber orange are close at 6th and 7th.

As far as getting it sold fast to get a KR that is BS! Ford as not announced how they are even going to distribute this car yet. The rumor has been it will be based on a lottery.

But if he willing to take MSRP for a GT500 you need to grab it FAST! There are hundreds of buyers drooling to get one for MSRP!

he is correct, the KR story is BS. if you dont buy the car at MSRP will you put the dealer on here. alot of folks will buy the car for a 2-3k over. you should buy the car and not worry about the color, black and tungsten is a pretty color. i think grabber orange is going to be the rarest color.

if you dont buy the car please let us know where its at, but ONLY if you dont want it.

michael

i forgot, the rarest cars are going to be the RED stripe package and i think black with red is going to be the rarest, but thats just my educated guess.

Optional Equipment

2007 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

.5.4L SC 4V V8 ENGINE

JOB #2 ORDER

MUSTANG VPC SHIP THRU

TOTAL MSRP $45,060

Go for it!

The Shelby GT 500 you have the opportunity to purchase is my dream car and at msrp it's a steal. I am in law enforcement so therefore am not wealthy so if you decide you don't want the car maybe you can hook me up. Or you could buy it and I will buy it from you for three thousand over what you paid. This is where my checkbook taps out.

Lucio Bazan

luciobazan@hotmail.com

The Shelby GT 500 you have the opportunity to purchase is my dream car and at msrp it's a steal. I am in law enforcement so therefore am not wealthy so if you decide you don't want the car maybe you can hook me up. Or you could buy it and I will buy it from you for three thousand over what you paid. This is where my checkbook taps out.

Lucio Bazan

luciobazan@hotmail.com

Hey Lucio, I am closing the deal tomorrow. If I decide to sell the car someday, I will sell it for whatever the market will bear, but I REFUSE to rip anyone off. I am not "wealthy" either. I do make a good living, but at the end of the day, who really can afford a 700.00 car payment? LOL. I am at ease w/this purchase because I really don't see this car as being your typical depreciating item. So, I plan to have fun with it, and drive it when the weather is good (which is often where I live). My office is only about 6 miles from my house, so I don't suppose the car will have more than a couple thousand miles put on it per year. Should be cool!

Car shows, here I come! :)

Hey Lucio, I am closing the deal tomorrow. If I decide to sell the car someday, I will sell it for whatever the market will bear, but I REFUSE to rip anyone off. I am not "wealthy" either. I do make a good living, but at the end of the day, who really can afford a 700.00 car payment? LOL. I am at ease w/this purchase because I really don't see this car as being your typical depreciating item. So, I plan to have fun with it, and drive it when the weather is good (which is often where I live). My office is only about 6 miles from my house, so I don't suppose the car will have more than a couple thousand miles put on it per year. Should be cool!

Car shows, here I come! :)

Good choice on buying the car. im sure you will enjoy it.

michael

Archived