TEAM SHELBY FORUM

In Hindsight

The Sheriff

For those of you lucky ones who have received and are enjoying their SGT's is there anything you would have done differently if you could reorder it all over again? Example...color change...option changes...special accessories..etc. I ordered mine on Feb.26th and it still says "Arrived at Shelby". Your comments will be appreciated and interesting reading.

I didn't order - in fact at the time I bought I did not know you could order - but given the option it would be gears and wider tires (if available). The Shelby (Mustang) has jack for take off unless you just want to sit and spin but then with tires the price they are these days......

The S/C would be nice but getting the most power to the pavement should take precedence IMO.

And probably the Nav system.....

I didn't order - in fact at the time I bought I did not know you could order - but given the option it would be gears and wider tires (if available). The Shelby (Mustang) has jack for take off unless you just want to sit and spin but then with tires the price they are these days......

The S/C would be nice but getting the most power to the pavement should take precedence IMO.

Thanks for getting it started Stump :)

Funny, I did order mine, and even got Nav, but now I think, if I could go back, I would have waited and got one off ebay. Back in January I think we all thought, including the greedy dealers, that these would fly off the shelves and be hard to get. That has proven to be incorrect, even the famous #22, is still sitting on a dealer's floor three months after arrival.

Funny, I did order mine, and even got Nav, but now I think, if I could go back, I would have waited and got one off ebay. Back in January I think we all thought, including the greedy dealers, that these would fly off the shelves and be hard to get. That has proven to be incorrect, even the famous #22, is still sitting on a dealer's floor three months after arrival.

Matt,

If you buy on Ebay do you still have pay the destination charges that are on the sticker? If you do you will still have to pay extra to go pick it up or have it shipped to you. I just don't know. I kind of like the idea of just driving about 2 miles to my dealers lot to pick it up. Plus if I have issues later on, I can get them resolved locally. I think it's just nice to have a good rapport with your local dealer. Just my opinion. I can feel your hurt while your waiting for your car. It's probably like I felt last night. I took my wife to the Emergency Room at our local hospital. We waited 4 1/2 hours to see a doctor. He spent 5 minutes with her and we waited another 4 hours for the results so we could go home. It was just gas pains. :) More than once we wanted to just get up and go home. But we stuck it out. It's kind of like what your going through. You've waited so long it would be sad to give up now. Hang in there...you'll never regret it.

Doctor Phil :rolleyes:

Saw mine on ebay one day, then 2 days later it was in my hands. No problem, no hassle, good price. I would not have done anything different. No shipping costs because I drove 2.5 hrs to pick it up and drive home.

+1 :)

I ordered the first day they were available--and at the time thought I had gotten an awesome deal since I was getting it at sticker.

I was trying to be frugal (to save up money for mods) so I ordered (over the phone) my SGT with the Shaker 500. When the car arrived I found that it had the Shaker 1000.

I was pretty upset at first, because I didn't want to pay the extra $1300...but now that I have it, I am very, very happy with the 1000. On the rare occasions I want to listen to something other than the exhaust...the bass is awesome.

Only thing I would have changed is I would have liked to have gotten the lower grill from the factory--but I'm just going to order it and install it myself. And I really wouldn't have changed that, as if I had ordered mods I wouldn't have been driving my Shelby since Feb. 28th!!!!

Matt,

If you buy on Ebay do you still have pay the destination charges that are on the sticker? If you do you will still have to pay extra to go pick it up or have it shipped to you. I just don't know. I kind of like the idea of just driving about 2 miles to my dealers lot to pick it up. Plus if I have issues later on, I can get them resolved locally. I think it's just nice to have a good rapport with your local dealer. Just my opinion. I can feel your hurt while your waiting for your car. It's probably like I felt last night. I took my wife to the Emergency Room at our local hospital. We waited 4 1/2 hours to see a doctor. He spent 5 minutes with her and we waited another 4 hours for the results so we could go home. It was just gas pains. :) More than once we wanted to just get up and go home. But we stuck it out. It's kind of like what your going through. You've waited so long it would be sad to give up now. Hang in there...you'll never regret it.

Doctor Phil :rolleyes:

You are TOTALLY correct but I would have a car... <_<

Only thing I would have done differntly is demanded that I get the floor mats, dealer said they were not w/ the car, there was a Black SGT on site also and they were not in the car either, so I will wait a week or so and then talk to the GM, other than that everthing was fine :)

Contact Bud @ SAI. He can help w/ the floor mat issue. You can pick up his contact info somewhere on one of these threads. Rick

Only thing I would have done differntly is demanded that I get the floor mats, dealer said they were not w/ the car, there was a Black SGT on site also and they were not in the car either, so I will wait a week or so and then talk to the GM, other than that everthing was fine :)

If the mats are not there the dealer can call SAI and get a replacement sent.

Don't take "No" as an answer!

I would have ordered the same exact car Socal has. Maybe dsifferent wheel, but the same.

....wow, thanks.

Ironic that I agree with you about the wheels. I think they are a bit over the top on the price. They are the only thing that I look at and I think I may have spent too much. Also, I would have ordered the heated seats for my wife. I tried to order the comfort group, which isn't available, and then gave up. Actually it wouldn't have matter but that is a long off topic story.

....OK I read that three times and want to clarify it wouldn't have matter because of an ordering snafu. Still hapily married even with my mistress living under the same roof.

....wow, thanks.

Ironic that I agree with you about the wheels. I think they are a bit over the top on the price. They are the only thing that I look at and I think I may have spent too much. Also, I would have ordered the heated seats for my wife. I tried to order the comfort group, which isn't available, and then gave up. Actually it wouldn't have matter but that is a long off topic story.

....OK I read that three times and want to clarify it wouldn't have matter because of an ordering snafu. Still hapily married even with my mistress living under the same roof.

Everything aside, you car is the most incredible factory/dealer ordered Shelby GT/SC on the planet, bar none. You had the foresight to do what I didn't have, order the car. In hindsight that would have been the move. Good job incredible car.

All that being said I still love my car just as much or more than any Mustang I have ever had. The 1966 Gt K Model FB (show car winner) is a strong second. That car I had when I was really young and we all know how we can fall in love with those cars, it took me places I will always remember and I did things in that car I'll never forget. However the SGT is still the best Mustang I have ever had. B)

I would have skipped the sat radio. I'm not happy with the black beetle on my back trunk. :( Maybe I'll be happy when sat radio goes free ?

I thought the sat radio was useless as well until the road trip last week. We listened to it quite a bit crossing NM, AZ and UT since we could only get about 2 radio stations and the Zen was getting old. Still don't think we will pay for it though although the weather channel is a great addition when you're in the twisty and curvey mountain roads at 11pm in a dounpour.

Of course by then you already know it's raining before they tell you.... :lol:

Oh, and speaking of which, I would add driving lights!!!!!

I think I'm going to anyway now.

I did order mine originally and then the dealer decided to screw me on price and I went elsewhere. I had intended to order the S/C but due to the circumstances wasnt able to. I have the lower grill in my hand with issues so if I had to do it all over again I would have found a dealer who wass true to his word, ordered the S/C, light and lower grill factory installed. But I am truly happy with my car. I love everything about it. Now if I could just get my lower grill installed..

I did order mine originally and then the dealer decided to screw me on price and I went elsewhere. I had intended to order the S/C but due to the circumstances wasnt able to. I have the lower grill in my hand with issues so if I had to do it all over again I would have found a dealer who wass true to his word, ordered the S/C, light and lower grill factory installed. But I am truly happy with my car. I love everything about it. Now if I could just get my lower grill installed..

Where do you live? You may be close to me. I could give you a hand. PM me.

......um, I may be willing to trade for a GT500KR. :P

The same with me I'd only trade mine for a GT500KR. My dealer is offering me one @ approx. $10-15K over msrp, that is still too strong for me. I think if he'd sell me the car @ msrp + $500 USD then I'd jump but $10-15K over, eh, no deal.

The same with me I'd only trade mine for a GT500KR. My dealer is offering me one @ approx. $10-15K over msrp, that is still too strong for me. I think if he'd sell me the car @ msrp + $500 USD then I'd jump but $10-15K over, eh, no deal.

Wow bro! I you can get a 1 of 1000 made car for MSRP + $500 then you are the KING! :)

ordered mine back in february with interior upgrade, satin panels,active anti theft. wanted to order lower grill and lites, but could not wait any longer :angry: I don't think I don't I would have done anything different !!! :rolleyes:

Wow bro! I you can get a 1 of 1000 made car for MSRP + $500 then you are the KING! :)

Stumpbreaker: You can get a GT500KR for $500 over msrp? That is a WOW!!! My dealer had told me that 10-15 over would buy it! If you could be kind enough to tell me what dealer would take $500 over then my dealer might just match it. If you wish not to name it here then please PM me.

Stumpbreaker: You can get a GT500KR for $500 over msrp? That is a WOW!!! My dealer had told me that 10-15 over would buy it! If you could be kind enough to tell me what dealer would take $500 over then my dealer might just match it. If you wish not to name it here then please PM me.

Swede,

If you can get a copy of the original invoice for the GT500KR and bring it to Home Depot they will match it plus take off another 10%. If you show them that you were in the military they will give you another 10% off. :) Now that's a deal!

<bleep> my fat fingers! It should have said *IF* you can....yadda yadda.....

I was referencing this statement "I think if he'd sell me the car @ msrp + $500 USD then I'd jump but $10-15K over, eh, no deal."

awwww, forget it... :rolleyes:

Swede,

If you can get a copy of the original invoice for the GT500KR and bring it to Home Depot they will match it plus take off another 10%. If you show them that you were in the military they will give you another 10% off. :) Now that's a deal!

Redliner: Just go buy a NEW SGT, oh I forgot you don't have the money! Sorry. :P

Redliner: Just go buy a NEW SGT, oh I forgot you don't have the money! Sorry. :P

Swede,

Oh I've got the money alright....In fact I could'nt decide between a black one or a white one so I bought one of each.....below MSRP. And I didn't have to trade in the BMW7000.

Swede,

Oh I've got the money alright....In fact I could'nt decide between a black one or a white one so I bought one of each.....below MSRP. And I didn't have to trade in the BMW7000.

Oh! Please post the pictures with both in your front yard with you and the wife or girlfriend standing next to them, that would look extremely nice. You must have used your coupons! :P

Archived