TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Squealing sound on accel in second gear only

BruceJack

My 06 GT Automatic has a squealing sound on accel in second gear only. I took a test drive on four other 06 GT's that did the same time. The dealer says that is normal, I don't think so. Is this happening to anyone else. Buy the way this is not happening on the 05 GT's

My 06 GT Automatic has a squealing sound on accel in second gear only. I took a test drive on four other 06 GT's that did the same time. The dealer says that is normal, I don't think so. Is this happening to anyone else. Buy the way this is not happening on the 05 GT's

Loud squeeling noises are NEVER EVER normal no matter what the dealer tells you. It's just like saying that when your brakes squeel that it is normal. That's BS. For example..Does a brand spankin' new car's brakes ever squeel? I think not. They'd sell 90% less vehicles if they did.

A whine on the other hand... can be from the blower, so if you've never driven a car with a blower like the ones on the GT500, then it might catch you off guard.

However if you are driving a regular Mustang GT, and you hear a loud squeeling sound, try and identify wher it is coming from. But no matter what, it certainly is not normal.

Loud squeeling noises are NEVER EVER normal no matter what the dealer tells you. It's just like saying that when your brakes squeel that it is normal. That's BS. For example..Does a brand spankin' new car's brakes ever squeel? I think not. They'd sell 90% less vehicles if they did.

A whine on the other hand... can be from the blower, so if you've never driven a car with a blower like the ones on the GT500, then it might catch you off guard.

However if you are driving a regular Mustang GT, and you hear a loud squeeling sound, try and identify wher it is coming from. But no matter what, it certainly is not normal.

My wife's GT with 3000 miles on it had the rear end go out. If you made a sharp turn or did circles in a parking lot the speed difference between the 2 wheels would make the rear end squawk. Sounded like a wheel rubbing. It was a bad clutch pack in the limited slip unit. The tech at the dealer said he called in and they said it is pretty common. If you have a 2006 I would sure check it out. Someone standing outside the car can hear it big time if you circle them. Was even slightly noticable making a 90 degree turn left or right.

Archived