TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hood scoop

shelbygt350s

HI MY HOOD SCOOP HAD A GAP ON THE FRONT AND BUD SENT ME A COUPLE BOLTS AND I HAD THE DEALER PUT THEM IN , IT STILL HAS A GAP DOWN THE SIDES NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE WAY ALL THE SCOOPS ARE OR DO I NEED TO GET A NEW SCOOP MY HOOD COVER HAS BEEN OFF SO MUCH THE CLIPS ARE WORE OUT AND FORD IS LOOKING FOR SOME ..ANY ONE GOT A REAL GOOD PICTURE OF ONE THAT HAS NO GAP .THANKS

HI MY HOOD SCOOP HAD A GAP ON THE FRONT AND BUD SENT ME A COUPLE BOLTS AND I HAD THE DEALER PUT THEM IN , IT STILL HAS A GAP DOWN THE SIDES NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE WAY ALL THE SCOOPS ARE OR DO I NEED TO GET A NEW SCOOP MY HOOD COVER HAS BEEN OFF SO MUCH THE CLIPS ARE WORE OUT AND FORD IS LOOKING FOR SOME ..ANY ONE GOT A REAL GOOD PICTURE OF ONE THAT HAS NO GAP .THANKS

Do a search for "Hood Scoop" and you'll find other discussions of the same topic. I recall that Bud recommended something like losen the bolts and retighten from middle out, or something like that.

I have noticed when mine sits in the sun and gets warm it lays down real nice but then when it cools the gap returns. I havent had time to call my local dealer and get another scoop yet. I have one with a drivers side blemish. I am wondering if they used rubber washers between the bolt heads and the hood. The rubber washers will allow you to tighten down and not gouge anytyhing and more importantly allows the scoop to expand and contract up and down. Plastic will expand and contract like a mofo so we recommend it to people installing acrylic windows and such so it does not crack.

Archived