TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Keep your fingers crossed !

sdear

Well......thanks to SAI...my new scoop and stripes are here !

Friday is D day. Going to have the new stripes put on (that the dealer messed up ) and new scoop.

Pray they do it right...as I don't know if I could control myself if they mess it up again ! :P

Shelby has been AWESOME in dealing with my dealer and taking care of my problem.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Sue

P.S. BUD.......YOU ARE THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH !!!!!!

I had Bud send me my own tape, which I received today. I'm planning to do it myself; I just can't bear the thought of a dealer attempting it. In fact, my wife suggests we just pay the $$ to a professional that's in that sort of business.

If i were to say swap the stock hood out (the one with the scoop) for a 2.5 cowl or 68 gt500kr style could they provide stripes longer than the scoop and just apply as much as needed then cut? sorry I'm a newbie on this kinda stuff >:( (i would of course keep the hood, i wouldnt mod anything that would involve cutting or something i couldnt reverse at some point in time)

thanks!

I had Bud send me my own tape, which I received today. I'm planning to do it myself; I just can't bear the thought of a dealer attempting it. In fact, my wife suggests we just pay the $$ to a professional that's in that sort of business.

Well I am taking it to the owner of a stripe shop that does alot of mustangs. He has already looked at the car and has a game plan to make it perfect. I am taking the car to the dealer Friday am, then they will take the scoop off and I will take it myself to the stripe guy. He wants it in his own shop with controlled environment. He seemed to know his stuff...so we shall see. The Ford dealer screwed this up, and if they blow it, the only thing left is for them to ship the car back to SAI and have it done there ! (imo)

If I get any bad vibes ...I will put a halt to all of it and take it to a new dealer.

I can almost guarentee they don't like me lol...but I really don't care ;) :P

I was just looking at Sdears latest email,and you guys aren't gonna believe this........

She's requesting pink stripes via Shelby or Ford. I guess if she gets her wish,it will match the pink dingleberries she has strung/hung around the interior lid panel. Makes me wonder if she has a fetish for the Pink Panther.

Well I am taking it to the owner of a stripe shop that does alot of mustangs. He has already looked at the car and has a game plan to make it perfect. I am taking the car to the dealer Friday am, then they will take the scoop off and I will take it myself to the stripe guy. He wants it in his own shop with controlled environment. He seemed to know his stuff...so we shall see. The Ford dealer screwed this up, and if they blow it, the only thing left is for them to ship the car back to SAI and have it done there ! (imo)

If I get any bad vibes ...I will put a halt to all of it and take it to a new dealer.

I can almost guarentee they don't like me lol...but I really don't care ;) :P

Does anyone know how to get on the SuperSnake conversion "list?" Please help!

I was just looking at Sdears latest email,and you guys aren't gonna believe this........

She's requesting pink stripes via Shelby or Ford. I guess if she gets her wish,it will match the pink dingleberries she has strung/hung around the interior lid panel. Makes me wonder if she has a fetish for the Pink Panther.

Just ignore him...he is still mad he doesn't get to drive very often :P

I will definately keep you posted.

It will be made right, if not by this dealer...by another.

Stay tuned !

I second your wife's suggestion! Go to a shop that specializes in auto graphics and have them install. On all the forums I have yet to hear of a successful self-stripe effort that doesn't have 'some issues'. While the hood scoop is small, it's not as easy as you would think, and why take the risk. IMHO!

Sorry, wrong car, that would be the "Warriors In Pink" Special Edition Mustang!

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_dis...m?release=25088

Well......thanks to SAI...my new scoop and stripes are here !

Friday is D day. Going to have the new stripes put on (that the dealer messed up ) and new scoop.

Pray they do it right...as I don't know if I could control myself if they mess it up again ! :P

Shelby has been AWESOME in dealing with my dealer and taking care of my problem.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Sue

P.S. BUD.......YOU ARE THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH !!!!!!

sdear, can I ask why they had to put on new stripes for your hood in the first place when they installed your new scoop? I'm getting my new scoop in a few days and it will not come with the hood stripes. As far as I know, you do not need to change the hood stripes when installed the new hood scoop?

sdear, can I ask why they had to put on new stripes for your hood in the first place when they installed your new scoop? I'm getting my new scoop in a few days and it will not come with the hood stripes. As far as I know, you do not need to change the hood stripes when installed the new hood scoop?

Matt...no thanks !!! LOL My hubby is a nut !

As to the question on why the stripes had to be changed is this......... When the FIRST hood scoop came, my dealer "said" the stripes were a 1/2 inch off when they went to install the new scoop. Stupid me..took their word for this . They had shelby send new stripes and they had "their " guy put them on. WELLLLLL...when I went to pick the car up, the line down the hood looked like something my grandaughter put on !! Needless to say...i was a little upset.....

They now have new stripes....new scoop....and I am personally taking the car to the owner of a stripe shop and having him change it before they put the new scoop on. Makes me wonder if the stripes were off to begin with ! You don't know how many times I wished I would have left the first scoop alone !

I am sure it will be right by the end of tomorrow ! If not.....plan B ...new dealer

Matt...no thanks !!! LOL My hubby is a nut !

As to the question on why the stripes had to be changed is this......... When the FIRST hood scoop came, my dealer "said" the stripes were a 1/2 inch off when they went to install the new scoop. Stupid me..took their word for this . They had shelby send new stripes and they had "their " guy put them on. WELLLLLL...when I went to pick the car up, the line down the hood looked like something my grandaughter put on !! Needless to say...i was a little upset.....

They now have new stripes....new scoop....and I am personally taking the car to the owner of a stripe shop and having him change it before they put the new scoop on. Makes me wonder if the stripes were off to begin with ! You don't know how many times I wished I would have left the first scoop alone !

I am sure it will be right by the end of tomorrow ! If not.....plan B ...new dealer

That's sucks. Did you talk to the person that worked on it? that would be interesting to see what he would say when you ask, so are the stripes even now? i'm definitely not going to the dealer for my hood scoop repair.

That's sucks. Did you talk to the person that worked on it? that would be interesting to see what he would say when you ask, so are the stripes even now? i'm definitely not going to the dealer for my hood scoop repair.

I felt it was best that I didn't talk directly to the guy that put the stripes on...for his physical safety lol. I did speak with the body shop manager quite a few times...and still do daily until this is resolved. Needless to say, I don't care for them, and they don't care for me lol.

Tomorrow is the day. New stripes and scoop....I will keep you all posted.

I will never go back to that dealer once they are done .

I just feel I have to follow through with them since I bought the car there, and they need to make right what they promised.

I felt it was best that I didn't talk directly to the guy that put the stripes on...for his physical safety lol. I did speak with the body shop manager quite a few times...and still do daily until this is resolved. Needless to say, I don't care for them, and they don't care for me lol.

Tomorrow is the day. New stripes and scoop....I will keep you all posted.

I will never go back to that dealer once they are done .

I just feel I have to follow through with them since I bought the car there, and they need to make right what they promised.

Good luck sdear. BTW, I don't think you needed to insult your grand daughter. :D

haha ! She is 18 months old.....she probably could have put them on straighter than he did ! :o

Well..I am home. 12 hours later.

I started out at 9am this am. Went to the Ford dealer body shop...they took off the scoop, the grill...and installed the new scoop to make sure " i liked it" before I took it to the stripe guy that THEY set the appt up with. ( i had previously met with the owner after his guy screwed up my stripes )

Ok....the new scoop was "ok"...so off I went 30 miles down the road during LOVE BUG season to the stripe shop. WELL...I get to the stripe guy......and they DIDNT KNOW I WAS COMING. Now...the body shop manager had told me since Monday that he had my appt lined up with the guy for Friday. I walk in the stripe shop, and the guy says we can't do your car today......and I said..ohhhh yes you can...my car is sitting out there wihtout a grill or a scoop..and it was YOUR guy that screw the stripe up to begin with.....then the owner walked in and said he would get it done. ( I don't think they liked my tone with a lobby full of customers ...but you know what...i didnt care at that point ! )

Now...they get the stripe out...and no facia stripe there like there was suppose to be. Only the hood stripe. I am fuming. Soooooo I talked to SAI and they wanted me to have Ford call them again and order the facia. They installed the new hood stripe....and it came out perfect. Now..here was the problem. We put the scoop on to make sure all was well.....now keep in mind the hood stripes were measured from the sides..lined up with the roof to the T......and the HOOD STRIPE WAS OFF. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Well....they restriped the scoop and all is perfect now. I just have to wait on the facia.

Now it makes me wonder if the stripes were EVER out of line to begin with like the Ford body shop manager says they were. I am wondering all along if it was the scoop stripe that was off on the original scoop ! All this would have been for nothing. That is what started this whole thing..when they put the new scoop on a week or so ago...they said the hood stripes were off by a half inch. Well they got new stripes sent...and the guy installed them poorly !

Anyways...the hood stripes are perfect.....the scoop stripe is perfect.....scoop is on...only the facia left to be done......

THEN ITS TIME FOR A CLAY BAR BATH AND POLISH !!!

Then the 500 spoiler is going on...and i am getting drunk !!!!

I think that might be the perfect time for me to go meet with the owner of the Ford dealership :D

Which I do plan to do.

That body shop manager is a flat out liar . He runs a terrible shop. He isn't touching my car ever again.

OHHH...get this. When they were putting my grill back on tonight.....(It was a new grill because the other one came with a scratch ) ....they PUT ON THE OLD ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing I was standing there. I couldn't believe my eyes. My husband had to show them how to do the cables.

Got home tonight and had to wash 9 million love bugs off the car. I think they will get a bill for detailing, and my time today ! I am waiting until the facia stripes are in place....and I have my spoiler in the back seat....then I am setting up a meeting with the owner. Doubt it will do any good...but I will feel better.

I have found a good dealership 30 miles south that I am going to take my car to from now on. This is the last time at this dealer.

I hope this all makes sense....but....what it boils down to is they are a very poor body shop..and I blame the manager. He lies..doesnt follow through....and he really shouldnt be in charge of that place.

All that is left now is the facia...and you really don't see it now unless you know it's there. It's shifted slightly to the left since the guy messed up when he restriped it. The stripes on the hood are now perfect. Grill and scoop are ok. my nerves are shot.

WOW..........you've been through a lot. Get that finished will ya...........:) and while your at it..........have a cold one for me also...........I've been following this since it's original post and feel like I've been living it.

And you are right about the good and the bad. Had a terrible experience with my 04 Cobra and the body shop at my dealer. Had to have a friend at Ford get involved in Detroit. But it all comes around............dealership was bought out by another. Good luck with the spoiler and facia. Keep us posted. At least your 3/4 of the way there.

WOW..........you've been through a lot. Get that finished will ya...........:) and while your at it..........have a cold one for me also...........I've been following this since it's original post and feel like I've been living it.

And you are right about the good and the bad. Had a terrible experience with my 04 Cobra and the body shop at my dealer. Had to have a friend at Ford get involved in Detroit. But it all comes around............dealership was bought out by another. Good luck with the spoiler and facia. Keep us posted. At least your 3/4 of the way there.

I am going to have the guy that did the hood...do the facia and spoiler. That body shop is never putting their hands on my car again.

I am going to meet with the owner once I get those facia stripes in my hand. I will hand him MY BILL for my time and detailing . That conversation should be good. But I at least want him to know how his body shop manager flat out lied to me...twice ! He must think since I am female...and sorta blonde..that I am stupid ! wrong girl.

I was very happy to find out that a friend that I had lost contact with from a mustang club is now a service manager at a Ford dealer south of here. He use to take care of my 04 GT. I will be taking my car to him all the time now. I dont even mind driving the miles to go there after this mess.

Well..I am home. 12 hours later.

I started out at 9am this am. Went to the Ford dealer body shop...they took off the scoop, the grill...and installed the new scoop to make sure " i liked it" before I took it to the stripe guy that THEY set the appt up with. ( i had previously met with the owner after his guy screwed up my stripes )

Ok....the new scoop was "ok"...so off I went 30 miles down the road during LOVE BUG season to the stripe shop. WELL...I get to the stripe guy......and they DIDNT KNOW I WAS COMING. Now...the body shop manager had told me since Monday that he had my appt lined up with the guy for Friday. I walk in the stripe shop, and the guy says we can't do your car today......and I said..ohhhh yes you can...my car is sitting out there wihtout a grill or a scoop..and it was YOUR guy that screw the stripe up to begin with.....then the owner walked in and said he would get it done. ( I don't think they liked my tone with a lobby full of customers ...but you know what...i didnt care at that point ! )

Now...they get the stripe out...and no facia stripe there like there was suppose to be. Only the hood stripe. I am fuming. Soooooo I talked to SAI and they wanted me to have Ford call them again and order the facia. They installed the new hood stripe....and it came out perfect. Now..here was the problem. We put the scoop on to make sure all was well.....now keep in mind the hood stripes were measured from the sides..lined up with the roof to the T......and the HOOD STRIPE WAS OFF. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Well....they restriped the scoop and all is perfect now. I just have to wait on the facia.

Now it makes me wonder if the stripes were EVER out of line to begin with like the Ford body shop manager says they were. I am wondering all along if it was the scoop stripe that was off on the original scoop ! All this would have been for nothing. That is what started this whole thing..when they put the new scoop on a week or so ago...they said the hood stripes were off by a half inch. Well they got new stripes sent...and the guy installed them poorly !

Anyways...the hood stripes are perfect.....the scoop stripe is perfect.....scoop is on...only the facia left to be done......

THEN ITS TIME FOR A CLAY BAR BATH AND POLISH !!!

Then the 500 spoiler is going on...and i am getting drunk !!!!

I think that might be the perfect time for me to go meet with the owner of the Ford dealership :D

Which I do plan to do.

That body shop manager is a flat out liar . He runs a terrible shop. He isn't touching my car ever again.

OHHH...get this. When they were putting my grill back on tonight.....(It was a new grill because the other one came with a scratch ) ....they PUT ON THE OLD ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing I was standing there. I couldn't believe my eyes. My husband had to show them how to do the cables.

Got home tonight and had to wash 9 million love bugs off the car. I think they will get a bill for detailing, and my time today ! I am waiting until the facia stripes are in place....and I have my spoiler in the back seat....then I am setting up a meeting with the owner. Doubt it will do any good...but I will feel better.

I have found a good dealership 30 miles south that I am going to take my car to from now on. This is the last time at this dealer.

I hope this all makes sense....but....what it boils down to is they are a very poor body shop..and I blame the manager. He lies..doesnt follow through....and he really shouldnt be in charge of that place.

All that is left now is the facia...and you really don't see it now unless you know it's there. It's shifted slightly to the left since the guy messed up when he restriped it. The stripes on the hood are now perfect. Grill and scoop are ok. my nerves are shot.

You left out hun,that when they installed the scoop,that 1 of the bolts was different than all the rest of em. I asked him about it,and he replied"oh don't worry,the underside hood liner will hide it" . After hearing that,I couldn't wait to get out of there! They had all the nuts and bolts in a single plastic container,which is fine. But how do you screw up,putting the wrong "looking" screw in,if parts etc were contained.

To add to that,years ago in my younger years,I use to wrence on cars etc. Example with parts in there place,Say a Toyota carb and 120+ parts dissasembled......I would put each seperate part in cupcake trays. Sometimes I would have 5 cupcake trays per carb rebuild.

Anyways,the whole exp with this dealer...minus the purchasing of the car,has sucked! I'm really surprised this dealer is allowed to operate.

Lastly,I will NEVER purchase a FORD product,after that experience. I can only assume,that this is a direct reflection of FORD,and even though it's a bad 1,never the less,it's an experience I choose to never allow happen to me personally,involving Ford. I control my destiny/purchasing decisions!

Bud,can you please send me the proper bolts that are used to hold the hood scoop in? I will gladly pay costs,and I will have the wifey take it to a performance/Mustang shop here in town. I KNOW the bolt is wrong,and that's the only thing that should matter,as far as I'm concerned,and them. They have luittle/no concern.

P.S. ... Sorry for the negativity,as it's not productive,but stating facts and exp with a certain Ford dealer.

You left out hun,that when they installed the scoop,that 1 of the bolts was different than all the rest of em. I asked him about it,and he replied"oh don't worry,the underside hood liner will hide it" . After hearing that,I couldn't wait to get out of there! They had all the nuts and bolts in a single plastic container,which is fine. But how do you screw up,putting the wrong "looking" screw in,if parts etc were contained.

To add to that,years ago in my younger years,I use to wrence on cars etc. Example with parts in there place,Say a Toyota carb and 120+ parts dissasembled......I would put each seperate part in cupcake trays. Sometimes I would have 5 cupcake trays per carb rebuild.

Anyways,the whole exp with this dealer...minus the purchasing of the car,has sucked! I'm really surprised this dealer is allowed to operate.

Lastly,I will NEVER purchase a FORD product,after that experience. I can only assume,that this is a direct reflection of FORD,and even though it's a bad 1,never the less,it's an experience I choose to never allow happen to me personally,involving Ford. I control my destiny/purchasing decisions!

Bud,can you please send me the proper bolts that are used to hold the hood scoop in? I will gladly pay costs,and I will have the wifey take it to a performance/Mustang shop here in town. I KNOW the bolt is wrong,and that's the only thing that should matter,as far as I'm concerned,and them. They have luittle/no concern.

P.S. ... Sorry for the negativity,as it's not productive,but stating facts and exp with a certain Ford dealer.

Trust me..we will buy another Ford...just not from this dealer. We are just both a little upset after the day/night we had.....or should I say weeks..since we started to have to deal with this body shop.

Trust me..we will buy another Ford...just not from this dealer. We are just both a little upset after the day/night we had.....or should I say weeks..since we started to have to deal with this body shop.

I won't! You and others can purchase any flavor of your choosing. As you know me hun,I won't allow it to happen again,so I would be a fool to purchase a Ford.

It's not like I haven't owned Fords in the past. I've had a 67 Cyclone with a 390,70 LTD 390,70 econoline straight 6,two 75 Capris,two 76 Capris,all with 2.8 V6,75 stang with 302,72 F 150 302

Really hun,how could I expect it to be any different? The Bolt issue was icing on the cake for me.

Obviously they missed the memo where "Quality is job 1"

Here's a pic of hood after correct striping..... without hoodscoop on

Picture140.jpg

Here's a few pics of the bolts used to attach hoodscoop. 4 of the 8-10 bolts/screws you can see,after heatliner installed.

Picture142.jpg

Picture146.jpg

Picture147.jpg

Which bolt is the correct bolt? 3 of the 4 bolts I can plainly see,are standard bolts. 1 of em appears to use a Torx tool.

Picture148.jpg

Fixing the cable hood pins,as they screwed that up too.....letting em lay loose for a day,to try to remove the kinks that FORD put in em.

Whew what a fiasco. Just because the name is Ford it does NOT mean they are all the same. Keep your head up SDEAR, you'll be just fine with your great work ethic, persistance and desire to find the best!

I will be ok. I love my car. My hubby is a little more upset since the ordeal yesterday.....I guess I have just gotten use to the fact that this particular shop is worthless. It will all get done correctly.....and all will be well.

Thanks for the kind words.

Sue

Archived