TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My son defending the Shelby GT from other FORD GUYS!!!

Just like the title says, My son used to own a 2003 Lightning and is a regular poster on www.svtperformance.com he sold the Lightning then bought an Evolution 8 but still continues to post over on svtperformance.com.

Anyway someone posted a video of a Shelby GT and everyone on there seemed to bash the car! My son (05_Evolution) jumped in and went to bat for us! I couldn't believe what the "Ford guys" were saying and I also couldn't believe how my son who loves his Import went to bat for an American car!

LINK... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showt...d=1#post5088231

Good for your son!!! I read through those threads. As usual, just a bunch of ignorant people who either don't understand, or don't want to understand, what this car is all about. Too bad for them. Years from now when their cars have all been turned into razor blades and the Shelby GT's are being admired in the car shows and museums, they'll think back and wonder.

They are jealous. Also they are angry that they can not drive the price down so low that they can buy one. You know 100% for sure if it was a $25K car they'd own it right now, but it isn't. It is a $38K++ car and they their ticked they can't buy one. It takes money to buy these cars and not everyone will be able to get one.

Just like the title says, My son used to own a 2003 Lightning and is a regular poster on www.svtperformance.com he sold the Lightning then bought an Evolution 8 but still continues to post over on svtperformance.com.

Anyway someone posted a video of a Shelby GT and everyone on there seemed to bash the car! My son (05_Evolution) jumped in and went to bat for us! I couldn't believe what the "Ford guys" were saying and I also couldn't believe how my son who loves his Import went to bat for an American car!

Again, why bother! You're not going to change any minds and that's the way it is! There are as many reasons why people won't like the car as we who do. All that matters is that the 6000 people that own one love it. I buy the car for me...not some snob SVT weenies that think it's cool to drive a car with the Shelby name that has never been touched by a Shelby employee.

meh...

Again, why bother! You're not going to change any minds and that's the way it is! There are as many reasons why people won't like the car as we who do. All that matters is that the 6000 people that own one love it. I buy the car for me...not some snob SVT weenies that think it's cool to drive a car with the Shelby name that has never been touched by a Shelby employee.

meh...

Your right on with the 6000 or so who buy for their own reasons and are happy. The issue over there is that you have a VERY young base of members who really don't know or much care about the past. Easy to fire them up!

Your right on with the 6000 or so who buy for their own reasons and are happy. The issue over there is that you have a VERY young base of members who really don't know or much care about the past. Easy to fire them up!

I can tell you I have only had two snobs say anything about my car at the drag strip and they both were gt500 owners!. Everyone else loves the car, the look, the stance. But lets be real about it. These cars are not the fastest , someone will always have something faster. This is about a well packaged car built by a legend. The one guy here said it best " while all there cars are made into razor blades", (or toyotas) our cars will still be attracting attention and hopefully someday hold or go up in value. Even if they dont, I feel this is a once in a lifetime chance to own a real shelby...

Well, from the looks of the posts the guys bashing our cars are maybe just a little jealous or pig headed. Maybe both, who knows. Most of them had valid points, both pro and con. There is one thing to consider though, we bought the SGT's because we wanted them and the timing was right. The people on the post are just like us, they are biased towards their own cars. They are all just a little jealous of our rides just like we are a little jealous that SAI has decided to make the KR and SS.

Our cars are special, there are only going to be 6000 of them. How many GT500s are going to be made? Somewhere around 27,000 through 2009 if Ford's forcast of 9,000 per year holds up. How many of those will actually see the SAI shop? Who knows, but I would be willing to bet at least 3,000 KRs and maybe 1,000 SSs. Those numbers keep us in rare air, so don't worry about what people are saying.

Well, from the looks of the posts the guys bashing our cars are maybe just a little jealous or pig headed. Maybe both, who knows. Most of them had valid points, both pro and con. There is one thing to consider though, we bought the SGT's because we wanted them and the timing was right. The people on the post are just like us, they are biased towards their own cars. They are all just a little jealous of our rides just like we are a little jealous that SAI has decided to make the KR and SS.

Our cars are special, there are only going to be 6000 of them. How many GT500s are going to be made? Somewhere around 27,000 through 2009 if Ford's forcast of 9,000 per year holds up. How many of those will actually see the SAI shop? Who knows, but I would be willing to bet at least 3,000 KRs and maybe 1,000 SSs. Those numbers keep us in rare air, so don't worry about what people are saying.

We went out to eat last night, and low and behold a GT500 pulled up and parked as we were walking through the parking lot. ( he pulled in to a very tight parking space *eeek* ) The car was ragged as all get out ! You could tell he had hit quite a few curbs with the front, it was covered with bugs, and had scratches here and there. I was shocked ! It looked like "just another car" . THEN...there was my Shelby GT.....imo....much classier ! ok..ok..he had a few more HP.....but that just might be temporary :P

I personally don't see why all the HP is necessary unless one is drag racing all the time anyway. I mean, yeah, I'd love to have it, but practically speaking, why? I can't use what I have on the street (not legally anyway). I love the SGT as (mine) is.

Michael is right no matter what you say on boards like that you will never win. I can say this weekend my husband and I went with a freind to a dragstrip that a Mustang club in DFW had rented out. There were about 200 to 250 people of all ages with every kind of Mustang out there and by far our Shelby got the most pictures taken and had the most intrest from the crowd out there. :D It was really cool to have guys with cars that run 120mph 1/8th mile times comming over to check our car out !! We didn't get any good pics our camera sux, but I will try and post up a link with some pics of all the cars out there tonight.

To each his own. If everyone loved the SGT, then either (1)Ford would build one for everybody or (2)the 6,000 made would be selling in the six figures. Either way, the current situation is better.

I love the GT500, but I will not pay over sticker for a car (thanks, Michael Morris, for getting me into the SGT). I saw what happened to the market on the "Terminator" Cobras, and I didn't want to be sitting on a car that I paid way too much for (not to mention the principle of the matter). If these had been available for sticker, I'd have one (heck, I made three separate offers on them, and each time I almost got laughed out of the dealership). They weren't, and I didn't want to pass up the chance to get the SGT, so here I am.

Just enjoy your cars, drive them like you stole them, and ignore those that don't deserve to be heard. Justifying their comments with a response only fans the flame.

Just my 2 cents.

To each his own. If everyone loved the SGT, then either (1)Ford would build one for everybody or (2)the 6,000 made would be selling in the six figures. Either way, the current situation is better.

I love the GT500, but I will not pay over sticker for a car (thanks, Michael Morris, for getting me into the SGT). I saw what happened to the market on the "Terminator" Cobras, and I didn't want to be sitting on a car that I paid way too much for (not to mention the principle of the matter). If these had been available for sticker, I'd have one (heck, I made three separate offers on them, and each time I almost got laughed out of the dealership). They weren't, and I didn't want to pass up the chance to get the SGT, so here I am.

Just enjoy your cars, drive them like you stole them, and ignore those that don't deserve to be heard. Justifying their comments with a response only fans the flame.

Just my 2 cents.

Excellent post and very truthful at that. B)

Excellent post and very truthful at that. B)

My car (White with 5 speed and Tinted windows) gets thumbs up everywhere I go! while I tire of explaining the difference beteween this and the GT500 (175 HP and $10-20K), I really enjoy driving this car. it is just snappy enough to get through traffic and handles so nice for the Money!! the fact that it is a REAL SHELBY is an added bonus!! But then again, I also have a 67 GT350 and a 68 GT500 Vert so I already have that part of my ego stroked!

Good for him! Unfortunately if you don't have one you just can't understand.

Let the haters hate. Even they stare in awe when we pass them by.....

My car (White with 5 speed and Tinted windows) gets thumbs up everywhere I go! while I tire of explaining the difference beteween this and the GT500 (175 HP and $10-20K), I really enjoy driving this car. it is just snappy enough to get through traffic and handles so nice for the Money!! the fact that it is a REAL SHELBY is an added bonus!! But then again, I also have a 67 GT350 and a 68 GT500 Vert so I already have that part of my ego stroked!

Do you still love to drive the 67 GT350 & 68 GT500 more than the Shelby GT? What is your perception of the Shelby GT compared to the 2007 GT500, I mean do you see a significant difference because the SGT was made at Shelby or do you see them both in the same light minus horse power?

As far as SVT members disliking the SGT I just think it is purely a price thing, really. What I mean is if the car was priced @ $27K they would already have one and bragging that they have a real Shelby and got it for a steal! Price makes people who can not afford things do and say really weird things, it is just because they can not afford it. They all think that when the car is 2,3 or 5 years old that it will come down in price if they keep poking at it. But they do not realize the SGT is a limited production Shelby and most likely will not ever come down to the price they can afford to buy one at. B) .

Archived