TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front fascia install problems

SAMstng

Hello All,

I have been following this forum for the past few months since I decided to go with the CS6 package. I have read all the posts concerning the installation of the front fascia and have passed on the knowledge to the body shop. However, they are still having problems with the install. They claim it is too heavy and appears too big to fit properly. Are there any tips on installation besides the shaving of the foam pieces that we should try to get this to work? The hood installation went very well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

My vehicle:

2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang Coupe V6

Manual Transmission

I just came back from the body shop and saw that the lower wheel well edges are too open to fit easily. There is no direct place to mount these lower edges to the body except for maybe the plastic wheel tubs. Does the front fascia have to be heated to bend into proper shape or does the body shop have to fabricate some sort of mount to bring in the edges? Please let me know how your body shop overcame this.

Thanks

Steve

I just came back from the body shop and saw that the lower wheel well edges are too open to fit easily. There is no direct place to mount these lower edges to the body except for maybe the plastic wheel tubs. Does the front fascia have to be heated to bend into proper shape or does the body shop have to fabricate some sort of mount to bring in the edges? Please let me know how your body shop overcame this.

Thanks

Steve

I'll try to take look at mine tomorrow evening and take some pictures of the front wheel wells.

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

When we mounted my front fascia, we had to pull the sides of the fascia in so it would fit right with the fender lines. The process took time with some applied heat in a warm shop. The fascia will fit with some manipulation. If your body shop is patient and they know how to properly apply the heat to manipulate the plastic, it will come out great. The bottom of the fascia does hook right to the fenderwell liners.

Archived