TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake options

Will it be possible to delete the nonfunctional window scoops on the Super Snake package? :unsure:

How do you know that they're non-functional??? Let's say that they are non-functional, to delete them will probably only save you $50 or so, better to get your SS with them and remove them yourself if you don't like them; the next owner may want to have them on the car... But I'm sure SAI will accomidate you if you really don't want them.

Your post is kinda like the guy that posted a question about stripe colors on the SS, nobody replied because only SAI knows what's going on with the SS package. I had a e-mail conversation with Bud at SAI last week and he told me that the specifics of the SS package have not been finalized; I took that to mean that the specifications for the SS package are still in flux right now.

My worrie is about the modifications that I've already done to my GT500; I've already installed 3.73 gears and a Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter, will SAI give me a price deduction because they won't need to install these parts when they upgrade my GT500 to the SS package? As I said above, I'm sure SAI will be accomidating but I'll bet that the deduction won't equal what I paid for parts and labor to install these parts.

Ah, who cares anyway :rolleyes: , the SS package is going to be the real "King" of the Shelby S-197's and that's why I'm on Bud's list for the upgrade; SAI could deduct only $100 for my modifications and I'd still do it...

Cheers,

WP

Savings isn't the issue. Just don't like nonfunctional add ons on a car. Having them not installed, but saving them for future resale would make sense though.

I understand your concerns for your previous mods, but think about the loss of brand new parts from an '08 GT500 after the SS conversion.

Savings isn't the issue. Just don't like nonfunctional add ons on a car. Having them not installed, but saving them for future resale would make sense though.

I understand your concerns for your previous mods, but think about the loss of brand new parts from an '08 GT500 after the SS conversion.

Shelby Autos has indicated you will be able to pick what modification parts you want to installed. I am not sure how that will affect receiving a certificate of authenticity for a Carroll Shelby Super Snake Package? Are you sure the add-ons are non-functional?

Shelby Autos has indicated you will be able to pick what modification parts you want to installed. I am not sure how that will affect receiving a certificate of authenticity for a Carroll Shelby Super Snake Package? Are you sure the add-ons are non-functional?

Does anyone know how to get on the list for the Super Snake conversion? Am trying to figure it out for my boss and am not having much luck. Any help out there for little me???

Does anyone know how to get on the list for the Super Snake conversion? Am trying to figure it out for my boss and am not having much luck. Any help out there for little me???

The top post on the GT500KR board is titled "SUPER SNAKE!!!!" by SAI-Bud, open that board and read it's posts and you will find your answer.

WP

:D If you call Shelby American 702-942-7325 and ask for a wonderful spokesman for these upgrades

named Steve Navarro he can give you information about this. If you are unable to reach him via phone you can email him at SteveN@shelbyautos.com . He is the person putting these upgrades together and submitting them to Ford, etc.. he'll be able to guide you, please note though, because of this, he is a very busy guy and hard to get in touch with.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

The non functional scoops are there for design cues only. They give the car a more aero dynamic look and an acrhitecture that has not been seen since the original Shelby's of the 60's (67, 68, 69, 70). So if you don't really like them then remove them and keep the parts, but most people like the scoops as a design element of the car. B)

Hi there I heard ss package will be 27000.00 .BUT IF I HAVE A 2008 NO ANV PACKAGE WILL THE PRICE BE LITTLE CHEAPER

The 2007 GT500 is only eligible for the 40th Ann. package. The coupe is $11,250 and the vert is $12,500 The Super Snake is a completely different package. Yes, some items are simular, but they are 2 different set ups. The reason the 08 can not be a 40th Ann is, it would be a 41st Ann package. Just doesn't sound right :o As of right now, the SS package is going to be around $27,995 I am sure there will be different options available, but we are still working that out at this time. Maybe after the Tulsa meet, we will have more information.

Bud

The 2007 GT500 is only eligible for the 40th Ann. package. The coupe is $11,250 and the vert is $12,500 The Super Snake is a completely different package. Yes, some items are simular, but they are 2 different set ups. The reason the 08 can not be a 40th Ann is, it would be a 41st Ann package. Just doesn't sound right :o As of right now, the SS package is going to be around $27,995 I am sure there will be different options available, but we are still working that out at this time. Maybe after the Tulsa meet, we will have more information.

Bud

thanks Bud. just need to know since im going to send a red GT500 out there can i go ahead a pickup ss0001 and yall just keep my car when it gets there :rolleyes:

seems like a fair

michael

thanks Bud. just need to know since im going to send a red GT500 out there can i go ahead a pickup ss0001 and yall just keep my car when it gets there :rolleyes:

seems like a fair

michael

lol :lol:

Miss Amy are you laughing because i needed to ask you about my 0001 or are you laughing because i cant come get my car? :D

michael

great question :D

Will it be possible to delete the nonfunctional window scoops on the Super Snake package? :unsure:

Why would U want 2, I mean the Body Design is as Close 2 Perfect as it will probably ever be, genetically and artistically.

seems like a fair

michael

Boldly Arrogant, Bro..... But Bold nonetheless

Why would U want 2, I mean the Body Design is as Close 2 Perfect as it will probably ever be, genetically and artistically.

Form follows function. Nonfunctional design does not follow this basic design principle. But that being said, it is your right to like or dislike anything you want.

Archived