TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pics of Car #1209 and my buddies GT500

timmyer

Great pics, Tim. I should be able to drive mine up there in the next couple of weeks. I will let you know.

I assume you like your car............That goes without saying. Let me know when you will be up in our area. We will try to get together.

Tim

Nice pics. I have to ask...have you guys raced? How do the cars compare...off the line?

J

Yesterday was the first time to have the 2 cars together. Was only in town, know where to really try them out. I have driven both and can tell you that the SGT does not want any of the GT500. Not in a quarter mile run, might be close in 1/8......If the weather is nice next Sunday, a friend is taking his Mustang GT ( race car) to test at Alabama International Dragway. We may make a couple of runs with our Shelby's. I will post results if we do.

Tim

These are very, very nice pictures. First time I noticed that the SGT sits closer and is more level with the ground vis the GT-500. This will definitely reduce the parasitic drag under the car. No, no, no, I am not an eniginer, see I can not every spell the word. :D

really really nice pics !!!!!

I really like that 500 spoiler too . I am thinking it would look great on the SGT.

Sue

Maybe I have unusual taste, but I much prefer the looks of the Shelby GT over the GT500. Thanks for sharing the pics. Maybe its how high the GT500 sits off the ground, it looks like a 4WD compared to the SGT.

Maybe I have unusual taste, but I much prefer the looks of the Shelby GT over the GT500. Thanks for sharing the pics. Maybe its how high the GT500 sits off the ground, it looks like a 4WD compared to the SGT.

I actually had the opportunity to see a GT 500 and an SGT sharing the same showroom (still there as they want $20k and $10k over sticker) and I think the stance of the SGt is much better-I agree with you, IMO the SGT is a meaner looking car. I also don't like the cheap looking black molding on the bottom of the GT500's to make them look more raked than they really are.

Tim I gotta tell you, the pictures are really, really nice. You have a great eye for framing the shots and composing the shots. Are you a photographer ? I saved all the pics , they will make great desktop shots.

No, not a photographer at all. I am partners in a retail tire service. The pictures were taken by my nephew who works for us and his wife. They thought the old service station would be neat to make some pictures at so we drove up town Sunday afternoon for a few shots. The railroad is running down the center of the street in the background of the picture of the right side on my SGT. The picture with the railroad trussel is two blocks down the street. The trussel crosses the Coosa river which is the water in the background of the other pictures. I agree, they did a great job with the camera. I am going to get a 2' x3' poster of the railroad bridge picture for my race car shop.

Tim

Well for anyone who wants to know. Was at Alabama International Dragway Sunday afternoon. A friend was testing his race car. By the time we had his car loaded and ready to go the track was getting ready to close. The timers were already disconnected. But we did take a run down the track. My SGT took about a 3 car link lead through 2 gear mainly due to the GT500 have traction problems of the line. At about 1/8 mile he really started pulling hard and beat me around 3 cars links at the 1/4 mile.

Now we need someone with a S/C SGT to post after pairing up with a Gt500 and see how close it is.........

Well for anyone who wants to know. Was at Alabama International Dragway Sunday afternoon. A friend was testing his race car. By the time we had his car loaded and ready to go the track was getting ready to close. The timers were already disconnected. But we did take a run down the track. My SGT took about a 3 car link lead through 2 gear mainly due to the GT500 have traction problems of the line. At about 1/8 mile he really started pulling hard and beat me around 3 cars links at the 1/4 mile.

Now we need someone with a S/C SGT to post after pairing up with a Gt500 and see how close it is.........

I'll be happy to step up to the plate when I get mine.

Archived