TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next generation Mach1 alive

robertlane

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I like this one better from Downs Ford in DE.

What Mach1 should be for 08

I like it :rockon: The only thing I would have added is the outside 1/4" stripe on the outside

black on the hood. Like the one on my car. I do really like what Downs has done with their car.

post-4943-1150540170_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1150540190.jpg

post-4943-1150540250_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1150540278.jpg

post-4943-1150540329.jpg

post-4943-1150540844.jpg

post-4943-1150540170_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1150540190.jpg

post-4943-1150540250_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1150540278.jpg

post-4943-1150540329.jpg

post-4943-1150540844.jpg

Im going with orange snakes. Don't get me wrong the downs is great but I dont like the stripeing being so high up. Hey orange snake do you have it saying mach 1 on the back, if not get that done and it's perfect!

Thanks Flattus.

My car has SVT on the left and the MACH1 on the right with the back blacked out.

I really like what Downs has done with theirs on the rear,but it needs the back

blacked out to stay with the 1969 theme.

Mine was done at the dealership also.

I like the ducktail and the old school spoiler look. Rear window louvers would complete it.

I will take some pictures of the back of my car and the engine and post them.

The dealership gave it an SVT / MACH1 theme.

I'd love to see more pictures. :happy feet:

I will put a few on in a couple days Flatus..... its a nice weekend in Indy but the restaurant is

keeping me busy with Fathers day and all. There are about 4 cars shows I wanted to go to

this weekend and I miss Midnight madness at IRP because we were soo busy. I cant complain

though it pays for my plays.!!!

I think both the white and red cars above look great. However I'm really liking the retro cervini's B2 and M1 kits too.

Scroll down to towards the bottom of this link

Cervini

I agree they both look sharp. I cant wait to see what Ford comes up with. Bet it

will be a bad a :censored: s car design!!!

I will put a few on in a couple days Flatus..... its a nice weekend in Indy but the restaurant is

keeping me busy with Fathers day and all. There are about 4 cars shows I wanted to go to

this weekend and I miss Midnight madness at IRP because we were soo busy. I cant complain

though it pays for my plays.!!!

Same goes for my dad's limosine company, alot of the time we can't hang out or go cruizing, cause of work, but usually people that dont relize how limo rates work, and go on charter for 15 hours... which will pay for the installation of the 4:10's pullies and tuner :woohoo: . Someone allready payed for the purchase :happy feet: If we play our cards right tracie mgready ( sp ) could soon enuff pay for a kenne bell at the slow rate he moves from what I hear.

• 2 weeks later...

No news... Maybe it was a false report! :drool: I haven't seen anything on the Roush site, either. There are some mock Mach's running around, so I'm sure Ford WILL make one, but all the attention seems to be on the GT500. We'll see..

BTW, Happy 4th everyone! :beerchug:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Geez - you're KILLIN me over here!

Let me get my '07 GT first before telling me about another Mach 1 I'll have to have... :banghead:

Mach - Boss - Bullit - Shelby - what in hell is going on?

I'm getting dizzy.

Many niche products built on a family of core-engineered parts is the 'in' way to lever engineering expense and high perceived 'customer value.'

Ford has always been good at this, but it would seem they are about to elevate the technique to a true art-from over then next few years! :woohoo:

This Mach 'announcement' is will be hard to interpret, I think, since historically the Mach was always just a big-block mustang variant (uh, er, maybe that's a clue?... dunno), whereas the Boss was a unique engineereing spin.

Just thinking out loud, but if we get a Boss 302 (07/MY08), followed by a Mach (big-block? or not), it's an easy re-spin to a BOSS42x big-block variant in 09/MY'10 (uh, er, that's the new base -- first op to support a big block!... hmmm) -- just when Ford will need a response to the Camaro/Chal. ;)

Ya gotta love competition :party:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whats the latest, on the Ford plans for refreshing the mustang in 2009. If that happens will the cars still be retro like they are now. That would be pretty important to me. If I was buying a Mach 1, I would want it looking pretty close to the way the cars look know except maby change the spoilers around a little, and add a functional shaker. I saw that concept mustang that was making cover time in the raggs, and they can keep that italian spin crap. It was nice looking but I did not think mustang when I saw it. Nor did I think wow I gotta have one of those. I actually thought if ford did something like that to the mustang, the Challenger may make its way to the head of the line for cars I am actually thinking of buying.

• 2 weeks later...
Whats the latest, on the Ford plans for refreshing the mustang in 2009. If that happens will the cars still be retro like they are now. That would be pretty important to me. If I was buying a Mach 1, I would want it looking pretty close to the way the cars look know except maby change the spoilers around a little, and add a functional shaker. I saw that concept mustang that was making cover time in the raggs, and they can keep that italian spin crap. It was nice looking but I did not think mustang when I saw it. Nor did I think wow I gotta have one of those. I actually thought if ford did something like that to the mustang, the Challenger may make its way to the head of the line for cars I am actually thinking of buying.

here's what may look like :banana piano:

• 6 months later...

Archived