TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Heading to Vegas!!

Going on a vacation to Vegas in the morning (Tues.) and coming back late Saturday. Of course a trip to Shelby is planned and hopefully get to see the SGT production process. Don't know if I can take pics, but will post any if I can get them. It would be neat if Mr. Shelby himself is there so I can try to get a pic opf my son with him. Would be even beter if we had the Hertz and was able to take it "home" for some pics.

Going on a vacation to Vegas in the morning (Tues.) and coming back late Saturday. Of course a trip to Shelby is planned and hopefully get to see the SGT production process. Don't know if I can take pics, but will post any if I can get them. It would be neat if Mr. Shelby himself is there so I can try to get a pic opf my son with him. Would be even beter if we had the Hertz and was able to take it "home" for some pics.

Chilli, I'll be there this week too (Thu, Fri, Sat). I'll be at SAI Friday. If you're still there, I hope to meet.

When I last checked, the Hertz was available. I didn't book it because of a glitch with my travel package. I may still try when I'm there. If you get it let me know. I'm staying at the MGM. I'll PM you my cell.

Adam

Chilli, I'll be there this week too (Thu, Fri, Sat). I'll be at SAI Friday. If you're still there, I hope to meet.

When I last checked, the Hertz was available. I didn't book it because of a glitch with my travel package. I may still try when I'm there. If you get it let me know. I'm staying at the MGM. I'll PM you my cell.

Adam

We are leaving out the night of the 21st to head that way as well. Anybody else going to be there??

Heck, we could have a meet and greet!....

I bet I'll have more bugs on my car than anyone else.....stupid springtime.

We are leaving out the night of the 21st to head that way as well. Anybody else going to be there??

I remember you mentioning that last week. I didn't respond because I thought you said you were arriving the 21st and I'll already be out of there.

Have a great time. I'll try not to wear Amy, John and team out so they'll have energy for you.

I remember you mentioning that last week. I didn't respond because I thought you said you were arriving the 21st and I'll already be out of there.

Have a great time. I'll try not to wear Amy, John and team out so they'll have energy for you.

Oh you said this as in THIS week

Not this week as in next week......duh! :blink:

Sometimes it takes me a little longer to register. Just ask my wife.

GREAT!!!!!!! There goes the neighborhood!!!!!!!!!! :P

Actually, I think it will be great to put some faces to names---just not sure about Adam yet LMAO!!!!!! :blink:

Bud

I'm sure to be the ugliest one there.

Can't wait to meet you all.

GREAT!!!!!!! There goes the neighborhood!!!!!!!!!! :P

Actually, I think it will be great to put some faces to names---just not sure about Adam yet LMAO!!!!!! :blink:

Bud

My car is being delivered, but once i get enough frequent flier miles, I will be out for my factory tour!!

Was great day at Shelby Friday. It was sweet to see Chris (socal) getting his car. That thing is gorgeous! Really like the lower grill/fogs now that I have seen them in person. Hope to get some pics up later today or tomorrow. Still recovering from the time change!!! :blink:

What did you think of the hood in person?

My car is being delivered, but once i get enough frequent flier miles, I will be out for my factory tour!!

Well worth it GTHERO! It was an unbelievable and unforgettable experience. It was awesome meeting and hanging out with the SAI and forum guys. SOCAL's car looks incredible with the polished S/C, gauge pod and "Shelby GT/SC" stripes (among other)!

For starters, I rented the Hertz Shelby, after all. My wife was giving me crap saying why spend the money when I am going to have my own soon. I told her that I needed to do this to add to the experience. It was well worth the money. She refused to drive it until finally at the end, just a mile from the return, I made her drive it. You should have seen her smiling! Now, I really hope that she never learns to drive a stick, otherwise I'll never see my car.

I got to see my car, thanks to SOCAL allowing my wife and me to join him. It was still a Mustang but had no grille. It did have the stripes, which looked perfect. Later, I snapped an awesome pic of SOCAL right at the moment that he saw his car. Thanks again for allowing us to share in your experience SOCAL, and PM me your email and I'll send you some pics. Also, send me your address and I'll send you a DVD of the video I made of your experience. It was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife.

Guys, you would not believe how hard the SAI team works! I know that many have b!tched and complained that we can't wait for our cars and all the fun acronyms for waiting, however, after seeing the place I have a much better respect and appreciation for what's happening there and what hoops the guys go through to make us happy. Many who have gotten their cars have said how it is worth the wait - and it is (or I should say, I can tell that it is). I just learned that it may be another 2 months now before I actually get it. I was bummed to hear that, especially since I was already going to have it in a show at a place right next to my home, but I don't want to stress them any further than they already are. What's another few weeks compared to the lifetime we'll have with it. PLEASE, PLEASE try to be more patient.

Upon my arrival, I went next door to the parking lot where I was greeted by Amy. She was already there waiting for me in her red minivan. I even have her on film picking her ear clean while talking to me (I LMFAO every time I read this sentence). Ah, I got you. It wasn't our friend Amy B., instead it was the security guard. Her greeting wasn't a welcome; instead it was hey, get out of here! Just kidding. Anyway, she said that there are somewhere around 1400 of our cars in the lot right now. It was a mixture of freshly arrived and completed/ready to be shipped cars. Had she not told me the number, I would have been able to estimate it anyway so this wasn't privileged info.

The museum tour was great too. I had taken it a year ago but it was great to hear again. I filmed almost the whole thing so I can keep watching it to help me get through he wait.

While at the shop, I purchased a Shelby GT coffee cup, a black Shelby GT tee shirt, a "My other car is a Shelby" license plate cover for my F150, Shelby shirts for my family and a bunch of other things. Today I wore the SGT tee shirt on the trip from Boston to Orlando and got several people asking me about it. Not to flood the store with phone orders, but since the only thing I saw on the merchandise site was the license plate, it might be worth the call. Or maybe you can email someone like Victoria to see how to purchase merchandise? When I get home, I'll take a pic of the tee shirt and post, it looks awesome! The tee shirt comes in black or white. I got the black cup but didn't notice whether there was a white one. They also have signed black Mustang GT hoods that came off the GT-H models. They have gold or bronze-looking tags on them with "one of" numbers on them. I think I took a pic of them and will post that too. I just want to help them move product and help all of us buy the things we like. Now if I could only get my hands on the SGT 1:18th scale model.

Well, I have some pictures that I'll post. John kept making fun of me for taking so many. I will post pics as soon as I can. I just arrived in Orlando where I'm in a convention all week. If any techies out there, I work for and am here for EMC World.

Now, I want to let you all know some of the things that I am not supposed to tell. I figure that no one from SAI will read this post so here they are:

1) I learned that they are making a _____ to fit on top of the new _____. Some will be _____ and others will come with ______.

2) I also saw the new _____. Man, I can't wait for it. I will post pics here: _______ when I get back.

3) Then I saw the mod shop. That was really cool too. It was locked up on Friday so I just looked in. I saw ______'s _____ and also the new ______. Then there were lots of ______ hanging on the _____ too.

4) I also saw a new state of the art technology that was really exciting. All I can say is that it involves a new type of muffler bearings. They even showed us the tools they used to install it. One of the tools looked like a left-handed screw driver. The other looked like a VW Beetle water pump wrench. When they installed the bearings, they had to install them over the kniffling pins so they would fit properly. Wait till you guys see it. It will come in 3 different colors but I can't say which – that's secret.

Okay, guys, I'm just kidding and obviously made this up. I really didn't see anything that I shouldn't have nor did I hear anything (but I did ask many times).

I did, however, see a few cars loaded up in some trucks ready for shipping across the street. I snapped some pics and will post. One had "NY" on the windshield so Jason (or anyone else from NY), it may not be yours, but you can print it out and give to the buyer anyway. It was white. One of the pics was with a white SGT being loaded into the top part of the truck. It was really cool seeing the car precariously sitting cantilevered out the back end. I sent it to MattChicago last night and told him it was his. LOL.

Sorry for not telling more details. When my car arrives completed, I will post details of my complete experience in acquiring my car. I really think you'll all enjoy it and I really can't wait to tell it. Plus, I figure that once SOCAL posts, he'll have a wonderful story to tell about his experience, which I can't wait to read. (EDIT: Here is SOCAL's story – awesome: http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=643&st=60)

John, Bud, Steve, Victoria and Shandra, it was a pleasure meeting all of you. I wish I could have met Amy and Gary, but I missed them. I especially want to thank John for making these last few days an experience I will absolutely never forget!

Adam

Well worth it GTHERO! It was an unbelievable and unforgettable experience. It was awesome meeting and hanging out with the SAI and forum guys. SOCAL's car looks incredible with the polished S/C, gauge pod and "Shelby GT/SC" stripes (among other)!

For starters, I rented the Hertz Shelby, after all. My wife was giving me crap saying why spend the money when I am going to have my own soon. I told her that I needed to do this to add to the experience. It was well worth the money. She refused to drive it until finally at the end, just a mile from the return, I made her drive it. You should have seen her smiling! Now, I really hope that she never learns to drive a stick, otherwise I'll never see my car.

I got to see my car, thanks to SOCAL allowing my wife and me to join him. It was still a Mustang but had no grille. It did have the stripes, which looked perfect. Later, I snapped an awesome pic of SOCAL right at the moment that he saw his car. Thanks again for allowing us to share in your experience SOCAL, and PM me your email and I'll send you some pics. Also, send me your address and I'll send you a DVD of the video I made of your experience. It was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife.

Guys, you would not believe how hard the SAI team works! I know that many have b!tched and complained that we can't wait for our cars and all the fun acronyms for waiting, however, after seeing the place I have a much better respect and appreciation for what's happening there and what hoops the guys go through to make us happy. Many who have gotten their cars have said how it is worth the wait - and it is (or I should say, I can tell that it is). I just learned that it may be another 2 months now before I actually get it. I was bummed to hear that, especially since I was already going to have it in a show at a place right next to my home, but I don't want to stress them any further than they already are. What's another few weeks compared to the lifetime we'll have with it. PLEASE, PLEASE try to be more patient.

Upon my arrival, I went next door to the parking lot where I was greeted by Amy. She was already there waiting for me in her red minivan. I even have her on film picking her ear clean while talking to me (I LMFAO every time I read this sentence). Ah, I got you. It wasn't our friend Amy B., instead it was the security guard. Her greeting wasn't a welcome; instead it was hey, get out of here! Just kidding. Anyway, she said that there are somewhere around 1400 of our cars in the lot right now. It was a mixture of freshly arrived and completed/ready to be shipped cars. Had she not told me the number, I would have been able to estimate it anyway so this wasn't privileged info.

The museum tour was great too. I had taken it a year ago but it was great to hear again. I filmed almost the whole thing so I can keep watching it to help me get through he wait.

While at the shop, I purchased a Shelby GT coffee cup, a black Shelby GT tee shirt, a "My other car is a Shelby" license plate cover for my F150, Shelby shirts for my family and a bunch of other things. Today I wore the SGT tee shirt on the trip from Boston to Orlando and got several people asking me about it. Not to flood the store with phone orders, but since the only thing I saw on the merchandise site was the license plate, it might be worth the call. Or maybe you can email someone like Victoria to see how to purchase merchandise? When I get home, I'll take a pic of the tee shirt and post, it looks awesome! The tee shirt comes in black or white. I got the black cup but didn't notice whether there was a white one. They also have signed black Mustang GT hoods that came off the GT-H models. They have gold or bronze-looking tags on them with "one of" numbers on them. I think I took a pic of them and will post that too. I just want to help them move product and help all of us buy the things we like. Now if I could only get my hands on the SGT 1:18th scale model.

Well, I have some pictures that I'll post. John kept making fun of me for taking so many. I will post pics as soon as I can. I just arrived in Orlando where I'm in a convention all week. If any techies out there, I work for and am here for EMC World.

Now, I want to let you all know some of the things that I am not supposed to tell. I figure that no one from SAI will read this post so here they are:

1) I learned that they are making a _____ to fit on top of the new _____. Some will be _____ and others will come with ______.

2) I also saw the new _____. Man, I can't wait for it. I will post pics here: _______ when I get back.

3) Then I saw the mod shop. That was really cool too. It was locked up on Friday so I just looked in. I saw ______'s _____ and also the new ______. Then there were lots of ______ hanging on the _____ too.

4) I also saw a new state of the art technology that was really exciting. All I can say is that it involves a new type of muffler bearings. They even showed us the tools they used to install it. One of the tools looked like a left-handed screw driver. The other looked like a VW Beetle water pump wrench. When they installed the bearings, they had to install them over the kniffling pins so they would fit properly. Wait till you guys see it. It will come in 3 different colors but I can't say which – that's secret.

Okay, guys, I'm just kidding and obviously made this up. I really didn't see anything that I shouldn't have nor did I hear anything (but I did ask many times).

I did, however, see a few cars loaded up in some trucks ready for shipping across the street. I snapped some pics and will post. One had "NY" on the windshield so Jason (or anyone else from NY), it may not be yours, but you can print it out and give to the buyer anyway. It was white. One of the pics was with a white SGT being loaded into the top part of the truck. It was really cool seeing the car precariously sitting cantilevered out the back end. I sent it to MattChicago last night and told him it was his. LOL.

Sorry for not telling more details. When my car arrives completed, I will post details of my complete experience in acquiring my car. I really think you'll all enjoy it and I really can't wait to tell it. Plus, I figure that once SOCAL posts, he'll have a wonderful story to tell about his experience, which I can't wait to read. (EDIT: Here is SOCAL's story – awesome: http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=643&st=60)

John, Bud, Steve, Victoria and Shandra, it was a pleasure meeting all of you. I wish I could have met Amy and Gary, but I missed them. I especially want to thank John for making these last few days an experience I will absolutely never forget!

Adam

Excellent post and thanks for the PM. I can't wait until you recieve your car you deserve every bit of what is coming and I want to see and hear the entire story. Again great post. :)

Excellent post and thanks for the PM. I can't wait until you recieve your car you deserve every bit of what is coming and I want to see and hear the entire story. Again great post. :)

Thanks pal, will do.

Stump, have a blast there this week.

Hope you ended up renting the Hertz like I did. I left it in good shape. Don't let them tell you it was the last one available, they have 20 of them. Also be careful of the slick vegas roads and all of those really high speed bumps.

Adam

Okay guys, here are the pics from my visit at SAI with Socal and Chilli Bullitt.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT

Don't be staring at my wife!!!

Nice pics. I'm sure we are all looking for our cars in the lot pictures but that black "WA" car is probably mine. :D It's done and waiting for mods. I need my museum pickup.

post-1973-1141970380_thumb.jpg

Don't be staring at my wife!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! That was the funniest thing I've heard. But, it was alot better than staring at you!!!!!! :P It was GREAT to put a face to a name. Chilli---your baby is sooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!! (I still think he does not like John LMAO!!!!!!!!!!) It was great meeting you and your wife. Chis, it was also a pleasure to meet and your wife too!!!!!!! And congrats on your new SGT/SC That car is freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Adam, it was also a pleasure meeting you and your wife too. Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you guys earlier. Maybe next time.

Bud

ps. Adam, did you make it through security ok? Did the shifter knob set off the alarm? LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Archived