TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Private Buyers - What did you pay

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered 2008 GT 500 red with white stripe 2 weeks ago..schedule build date 10/14/08

local dealer..on the wait list for little over 2 years made a deal then to pay MSRP, this dealer has

held is word and sold me a blk SGT for MSRP as well. I talked to him so much over the 2 years that

he bought a 07 GT500 himself..gotta love true car enthustist

congrat and welcome to the board, what color and options. are you going to super snake it?

Torch Red,Silver Stripes , Ambient Lighting, HID, GT500 premium package . Maybe over the next few years I'll convert the drive train over to the SS parts??

Off topic: Whats the best CAI / Exhaust for this model ?

Since this car was ordered this week, they told me delivery March range. Does this sound correct?

Torch Red,Silver Stripes , Ambient Lighting, HID, GT500 premium package . Maybe over the next few years I'll convert the drive train over to the SS parts??

Since this car was ordered this week, they told me delivery March range. Does this sound correct?

about the march delivery. just depends on when the dealer has an allocation. i ordered my car 3 weeks ago and its going to be built in nov and should be at SAI in mid to late Dec. if you look over the G500 threads you will see where alot of folks got thier cars within a month or so of ordering. your dealer may have an allocation for a GT500, but doesnt know when it will get pulled. so he put the order in and now is waiting. i dont think your dealer has any idea when the car will come in. the allocation are pulled by lottery. im a small dealer and i have NO idea when i will get another GT500. i KNOW i have an allocation for one, but i dont know when they will let me get it.

i hope i answered your question and didnt confuse you with all the extra crap that i typed.

michael morris

FIRST POST

GOT MY 08 500 ON 9/20.I DROVE IT HOME WITH 2 MILES ON IT,IT HAS ABOUT 100 ON IT NOW.THE DEALER SAID IT NEEDED 40 OR SO TO ACTIVATE THE SUPERCHARGER SO I DROVE IT THIS PAST WEEKEND.I PAID 5K OVER MSRP,ORDERED IT THIS SPRING.I'VE HAD A TON OF MUSCLE CARS,MOSTLY GM(CAMAROS,CHEVELLES,CORVETTES,ETC.)THOUGHT I WOULD TRY THIS CAR(I'VE ALSO HAD AN 05 AND 06 GT)PRETTY NICE CAR TO DRIVE.I'M REALLY TORN ABOUT HOW MUCH I WANT TO DRIVE IT AND KEEP THE VALUE HALFWAY UP ON IT.ANY THOUGHTS ON THAT.

TERRY

EAST TN

Have you checked out the stangsunleashed.com site. Has a forum devoted specifically to GT500 mods. VERY informative! They have discussed CAI and exhausts extensively.

FIRST POST

GOT MY 08 500 ON 9/20.I DROVE IT HOME WITH 2 MILES ON IT,IT HAS ABOUT 100 ON IT NOW.THE DEALER SAID IT NEEDED 40 OR SO TO ACTIVATE THE SUPERCHARGER SO I DROVE IT THIS PAST WEEKEND.I PAID 5K OVER MSRP,ORDERED IT THIS SPRING.I'VE HAD A TON OF MUSCLE CARS,MOSTLY GM(CAMAROS,CHEVELLES,CORVETTES,ETC.)THOUGHT I WOULD TRY THIS CAR(I'VE ALSO HAD AN 05 AND 06 GT)PRETTY NICE CAR TO DRIVE.I'M REALLY TORN ABOUT HOW MUCH I WANT TO DRIVE IT AND KEEP THE VALUE HALFWAY UP ON IT.ANY THOUGHTS ON THAT.

TERRY

EAST TN

Have (2) Vipers besides the GT500, 94-has 2800 miles, 96-3200 miles. Have had the GT500 1 month, 1100 miles. You can see how much I enjoy THIS car! I love the high performance in something other than a 2 seater. More comfortable and better visibility IMO. Still won't drive it in the rain, but plan on using it. Too old to save it.

I guess I'm late to the party/thread because I got my 08 Vert in August. I struck a deal with the local dealer, MSRP and ordered my way. It took about 6 weeks from order submission to delivery. Financed 30K of it for 60 months, will be paying it off long before then....

I guess I'm late to the party/thread because I got my 08 Vert in August. I struck a deal with the local dealer, MSRP and ordered my way. It took about 6 weeks from order submission to delivery. Financed 30K of it for 60 months, will be paying it off long before then....

congrats on your car. blue is a great color

michael morris

Congrats.

I assume by delivery, you mean delivery to SAI? i.e. you don't have the car yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new owner of an 07 GT500, Purchased from a Chevy Dealer with 600 miles on it, The prior owner was a Corvette guy bought the Shelby and decided he liked the Vette better. I've been browsing ebay and other sites and came across it. Paid $44,000. Its a torch red coupe with satin silver stripes. One of 111 made in 07.I felt it was a great deal and couldn't pass it up, Because of the great price I was able to keep my 03 Cobra 10th Anniversary Convertable so I will have to two Cobras in the garage. I will post pics of both cars soon.

I am a new owner of an 07 GT500, Purchased from a Chevy Dealer with 600 miles on it, The prior owner was a Corvette guy bought the Shelby and decided he liked the Vette better. I've been browsing ebay and other sites and came across it. Paid $44,000. Its a torch red coupe with satin silver stripes. One of 111 made in 07.I felt it was a great deal and couldn't pass it up, Because of the great price I was able to keep my 03 Cobra 10th Anniversary Convertable so I will have to two Cobras in the garage. I will post pics of both cars soon.

You got a good deal. I have red/white, have had 2 months and really enjoy it. Good Luck

If you purchased an 07 GT 500 or negotiated a purchase of an 08 GT 500, would you mind sharing with the rest of the forum members how much you had to pay and if you bought from a local dealer or hand to go through e-bay or another website.

I think this would be helpful to those of use trying to figure out a reasonable price on the limited number of vehicles that are going to be produced this year (2008).

How many months did you finance also would be helpful. Did you buy as an investment or simply for the fun and experience of owning a Shelby.

Thanks, GG

I ordered my 07 GT500 red convertible in late March 2006 from a small dealer at $2k over list. When the car arrived the dealer got smarter and demanded $5k over sticker. I paid the price, took the car home and took the dealer to small claims court for contract violation. Short version -the court upheld the contract and I got the $3k back with interest. The long version is much funnier! I love the car and it is a recreational sunny weather car only. I owned a muscle car in 1969 (69 Chev. 396-375) and the Mustang is soooo much better!

I ordered my 07 GT500 red convertible in late March 2006 from a small dealer at $2k over list. When the car arrived the dealer got smarter and demanded $5k over sticker. I paid the price, took the car home and took the dealer to small claims court for contract violation. Short version -the court upheld the contract and I got the $3k back with interest. The long version is much funnier! I love the car and it is a recreational sunny weather car only. I owned a muscle car in 1969 (69 Chev. 396-375) and the Mustang is soooo much better!

jagron, You have no clue how happy you have made so many people with this little story. Chalk one up for the guys in the white hats!

I bought a 08 GT500 on sep 29th. MSRP was 46880 paid 49000 A little over, but I could not be more pleased. The dealer started out at 61880 and it took me going in to the dealer everyday for 5 days to get the deal worked out to where I was happy with the price I had to pay. The deal got done on friday night at about 6:15 and I would not leave until I got to drive it off the showroom floor at 9:05. The dealer closed at 6:00 but I was'nt going anywhere without it. I also bought a new 07 expedition for 500 over invoice. Buying the expedition and it being the end of the month I really think helped with negoations. The car was worth it to me. I love driving it, 500 miles already and only have got to take it out 3 times so far. Although I would say the clutch does grab a little high.

I bought a 08 GT500 on sep 29th. MSRP was 46880 paid 49000 A little over, but I could not be more pleased. The dealer started out at 61880 and it took me going in to the dealer everyday for 5 days to get the deal worked out to where I was happy with the price I had to pay. The deal got done on friday night at about 6:15 and I would not leave until I got to drive it off the showroom floor at 9:05. The dealer closed at 6:00 but I was'nt going anywhere without it. I also bought a new 07 expedition for 500 over invoice. Buying the expedition and it being the end of the month I really think helped with negoations. The car was worth it to me. I love driving it, 500 miles already and only have got to take it out 3 times so far. Although I would say the clutch does grab a little high.

congrats and welcome to the board

michael morris

• 2 weeks later...

Ive shared this on a few other places, but it looks like here is where it belongs, so

I just ordered a 08 verte, black(ebony), and the price was going to be 7k over, but the next day when I went in to pick my options, the red stripe appearance package was announced internally at ford, so when I said I wanted that, (naturally) they said that car was worth 10k over, since it will be limited edition...so I ordered it with every option I could get. (Shaker 1000 over the 500 w/ navi.)

All told, it will cost me 67k with all the taxes and BS...I still love...I would have paid another 10k..heheheh

No VIN yet, but Ill wait to see what happens.

Ill probably have to take out a second mortgage, or take 8 years at 14%..(j/k)

Ive shared this on a few other places, but it looks like here is where it belongs, so

I just ordered a 08 verte, black(ebony), and the price was going to be 7k over, but the next day when I went in to pick my options, the red stripe appearance package was announced internally at ford, so when I said I wanted that, (naturally) they said that car was worth 10k over, since it will be limited edition...so I ordered it with every option I could get. (Shaker 1000 over the 500 w/ navi.)

All told, it will cost me 67k with all the taxes and BS...I still love...I would have paid another 10k..heheheh

we are trying to get a red striped car. it really dont matter how much you paid as long as you happy.

congrats on the red striped car they look awesome.

michael morris

we are trying to get a red striped car. it really dont matter how much you paid as long as you happy.

congrats on the red striped car they look awesome.

michael morris

I'M NEW TO THE FORUM.

I PURCHASED ONE OF THE EBONY GT500 WITH THE RED APPEARANCE PACKAGE.

I BOUGHT IT 'OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR'

I HAVE NOT OWNED A MUSTANG FOR 15 YEARS. DID NOT KNOW WHAT A GT500 WAS UNTIL

A WEEK BEFORE I PURCHASED IT. LOVE THE CAR.

THIS IS A AWESOME COLOR COMBINATION.

I PAID 3K OVER STICKER.

I'M NEW TO THE FORUM.

I PURCHASED ONE OF THE EBONY GT500 WITH THE RED APPEARANCE PACKAGE.

I BOUGHT IT 'OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR'

I HAVE NOT OWNED A MUSTANG FOR 15 YEARS. DID NOT KNOW WHAT A GT500 WAS UNTIL

A WEEK BEFORE I PURCHASED IT. LOVE THE CAR.

THIS IS A AWESOME COLOR COMBINATION.

I PAID 3K OVER STICKER.

you got a Great deal congrats. the black with red is a great looking car.

michael morris

Dubbs,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your car. You are going to love your car and I have yet to meet one person that after buying and driving the car had any buyers remorse. Most would make the same decision without blinking an eye.

A note of caution and warning, be prepared for an assalt on your sanity from the MSRP group as they cannot believe that anyone is so stupid as to pay over MSRP. Most 07GT500's purchased fell in the range that you paid, mine included. There are a lot of us dumb guys out there having a blast driving our cars and not sitting on the sidelines waiting for the best deal in town. Life is short.

You don't drive by looking in the rear view mirror. Keep your eyes on the road ahead, it goes buy pretty fast in that hot rod of yours.

cobrafan

Dubbs,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your car. You are going to love your car and I have yet to meet one person that after buying and driving the car had any buyers remorse. Most would make the same decision without blinking an eye.

A note of caution and warning, be prepared for an assalt on your sanity from the MSRP group as they cannot believe that anyone is so stupid as to pay over MSRP. Most 07GT500's purchased fell in the range that you paid, mine included. There are a lot of us dumb guys out there having a blast driving our cars and not sitting on the sidelines waiting for the best deal in town. Life is short.

You don't drive by looking in the rear view mirror. Keep your eyes on the road ahead, it goes buy pretty fast in that hot rod of yours.

cobrafan

cobrafan i have that same discussion a bunch of time. those guys can sit and WATCH the rest of us drive while they wait on the MAJIC deal. i see no problem with a ADM if thats what the cars are bringing. if your happy then its a great deal. instead of dreaming about one, walk outside get in yours and drive it like you stole it

michael morris

Archived