TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Private Buyers - What did you pay

OIL

What are the "many quality issues with the Shelby GT" that you refer to just out of curiosity? Do you own a Shelby GT with problems?

Please tell us what colors and options you ordered on your GT500. Anyone know what the new equipment hid headlights and ambient light are exactly?

6K is a darn good deal. You won't regret it. I paid less but also waited 6 months, had to buy out of state and worked very hard to get that deal. And time is money.

The hood scoup, stripes and front grill are the most common troublesome areas. Every car I saw at local dealers exhibited these problems. I'm getting a red with white stripes, premier interior, sirius(which I really don't want that bug on the trunk). Never thought I'd pay over sticker, but am satisfied with this price. Waiting for it to arrive from KY.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may want to order your GT500 "Stripe Delete". I have yet to see a GT500 that does not have striping flaws. All that I have seen have poor alignment especially at the rear spoiler.

robin

Wouldn't surprise me, thats why I have already looked into painted stripes. Ford should have consulted the Dodge Viper on the correct way to install stripes, they are perfect!

Wouldn't surprise me, thats why I have already looked into painted stripes. Ford should have consulted the Dodge Viper on the correct way to install stripes, they are perfect!

60,000 for a car and they can't even get the stripes right! It doesn't take a genius to get it right by this time. What has it been? more than 10,000 to practice on.

60,000 for a car and they can't even get the stripes right! It doesn't take a genius to get it right by this time. What has it been? more than 10,000 to practice on.

I have sold 17 GT500's with No Strip problems.

Now Ford DID paint the strips on the FORD GT "only" $5350.00 Charge on Window Sticker.

For $5000.00 extra, I will have your strips painted.........

randy

You may want to order your GT500 "Stripe Delete". I have yet to see a GT500 that does not have striping flaws. All that I have seen have poor alignment especially at the rear spoiler.

robin

The stripes on my GT500 came out perfect. No flaws. We even used my car as a template to take measurements to have our body shop paint stripes on a GT500 Convertible and a Mustang GT Clone we did to look like a GT500. And while the painted stripes came out really good, they were not as perfect as the vinyl stripes on my car.

Now the Shelby GT's, that is another matter. We got 4 of those and every single one has issues with the stripes being put on properly. None of them were lined up right. They were all way off. Especially around the nozzel sparys on the hood. They have cut outs to go around those and they are not lined up right.

The stripes on my GT500 came out perfect. No flaws. We even used my car as a template to take measurements to have our body shop paint stripes on a GT500 Convertible and a Mustang GT Clone we did to look like a GT500. And while the painted stripes came out really good, they were not as perfect as the vinyl stripes on my car.

Now the Shelby GT's, that is another matter. We got 4 of those and every single one has issues with the stripes being put on properly. None of them were lined up right. They were all way off. Especially around the nozzel sprays on the hood. They have cut outs to go around those and they are not lined up right.

I have a Shelby GT and you are right. Where the stripes go around the nozzles they are not exact. The rest of my stripes look fine, except a little mar where SAI or the car carrier did something.

If you purchased an 07 GT 500 or negotiated a purchase of an 08 GT 500, would you mind sharing with the rest of the forum members how much you had to pay and if you bought from a local dealer or hand to go through e-bay or another website.

I think this would be helpful to those of use trying to figure out a reasonable price on the limited number of vehicles that are going to be produced this year (2008).

How many months did you finance also would be helpful. Did you buy as an investment or simply for the fun and experience of owning a Shelby.

Thanks, GG

Bought last Aug - Paid $15 over sticker from local dealer - no financing. Bought for the fun of knowing that after upgrades. I'd have one of the best street machines available. Didnt realize the SS package would make it the icing on the cake. Going for the unwarranted version (if I ever get called).

I am glad to hear that striping is not a big issue on the GT500. Of the half dozen or so cars I have seen on showrooms in Minnesota, not one has had a flawless stripe package. Granted they were not huge flaws, and would be acceptable on a $20,000 car.

But hearing all the complaints on a $40,000 Shelby GT, I would think buyers would be even more picky on a $60,000 GT500.

robin

robin

Order a convertible and you don't have an issue with stripes B)

15K over sticker 9/11/06, picked all options (colors and stereo), waited 6 months for it to be released with Shaker 1000, took delivery 4/10/07 - nearly 7 months to the day. Bought it because I want to drive it, wife put the first scratch on it - chin spoiler, no big deal. Want to dyno it and a 1/4 mile slip before I take it to SAI - supposedly on "The Magic List."

Refi on the house, paid the delaer cash, bought from MS and shipped from Ford to Phoenix. The stealers here wanted $30k over on a vert. Soild deal, too bad the SS is pushing ridiculous $$$ I would have nearly $100K in a car after taxes and all if I bite on the SS package

If you purchased an 07 GT 500 or negotiated a purchase of an 08 GT 500, would you mind sharing with the rest of the forum members how much you had to pay and if you bought from a local dealer or hand to go through e-bay or another website.

I think this would be helpful to those of use trying to figure out a reasonable price on the limited number of vehicles that are going to be produced this year (2008).

How many months did you finance also would be helpful. Did you buy as an investment or simply for the fun and experience of owning a Shelby.

Thanks, GG

I ordered one from a local dealer after negotiating for $15K over MSRP, but I kept watching e-bay. One day I found a NO RESERVE and although I missed the final bid, that was for $11K over I called the dealer to be nosey. Long story short, deal fell through & I got it for 10 over... (after local dealer refused to match the price) trailered it from FLA to MD, and lived happily ever after.

Thanks, GG

[/quFinalized deal 2 weeks ago @ 6K over, unfortunately car is in KY and I'm in NY, alittle too far to drive back and now at mercy of the carrier, probably won't see for another 10-14 days. I'm satisfied at this figure, could probably have done alittle better at this date, but wanted the red/white color. There are alot of the white/blue out there at good prices.

I ordered one from a local dealer after negotiating for $15K over MSRP, but I kept watching e-bay. One day I found a NO RESERVE and although I missed the final bid, that was for $11K over I called the dealer to be nosey. Long story short, deal fell through & I got it for 10 over... (after local dealer refused to match the price) trailered it from FLA to MD, and lived happily ever after.

I got a good deal on an 08 because I have bought a few vehicles from them. I paid 7k over. Now I am sure some other deals could come along if you wait but I wanted this car and I thought that was the best deal I was going to get. I got all options except the big bug on the trunk. Where in MD are you from? I am on the shore. I am going for 0% finance for 3 years.

OILMAN

Take my advice and make sure the Ford dealer you are dealing with marks the exact mileage of the Shelby on the transport ticket otherwise a salesman, or the transport driver is liable to take a little dirt road joyride for about 10 miles. Feels a little like rape.

Also make sure the dealer includes the temporary registration so you can actually "legally" drive the Shelby when it arrives. You will also need mileage verification documentation from the dealer, title, or manufactures certificate to register it at the DMV. If the Ford Dealership fails to give this info to the transport driver then you will have to wait for a FedEx delivery like I did. Should come with floormats also. You might want to hit the dealership up for a little vile of some touch-up paint also?

Good luck

I got a good deal on an 08 because I have bought a few vehicles from them. I paid 7k over. Now I am sure some other deals could come along if you wait but I wanted this car and I thought that was the best deal I was going to get. I got all options except the big bug on the trunk. Where in MD are you from? I am on the shore. I am going for 0% finance for 3 years.

hey just read your post. dont think the 0% for 36 will be on the 08s, it might be but we wont know until the car get here. i sure hope you get it.

michael morris

hey just read your post. dont think the 0% for 36 will be on the 08s, it might be but we wont know until the car get here. i sure hope you get it.

michael morris

i just checked the rebates and int. on 08s and there is NO rebates and NO special interest.

michael morris

michael morris

i just checked the rebates and int. on 08s and there is NO rebates and NO special interest.

michael morris

I kind of figured that was going to happen, Thanks Michael

OILMAN

Take my advice and make sure the Ford dealer you are dealing with marks the exact mileage of the Shelby on the transport ticket otherwise a salesman, or the transport driver is liable to take a little dirt road joyride for about 10 miles. Feels a little like rape.

Also make sure the dealer includes the temporary registration so you can actually "legally" drive the Shelby when it arrives. You will also need mileage verification documentation from the dealer, title, or manufactures certificate to register it at the DMV. If the Ford Dealership fails to give this info to the transport driver then you will have to wait for a FedEx delivery like I did. Should come with floormats also. You might want to hit the dealership up for a little vile of some touch-up paint also?

Good luck

Thanks for the heads up! I already have all paperwork and registered with plates in hand. Documented mileage - 14. I have to check with carrier this Fri., they have had this order for nearly 2 weeks. If they don't have something scheduled by Fri., may have to seriously consider picking up myself, which I didn't want to put 750 miles on immediately but want some time to enjoy before putting away for winter storage. Thanks again!

Thanks for the heads up! I already have all paperwork and registered with plates in hand. Documented mileage - 14. I have to check with carrier this Fri., they have had this order for nearly 2 weeks. If they don't have something scheduled by Fri., may have to seriously consider picking up myself, which I didn't want to put 750 miles on immediately but want some time to enjoy before putting away for winter storage. Thanks again!

WINTER STORAGE????? yall boys need to move south.we dont have no stinking winter storage. :lol:

michael morris

WINTER STORAGE????? yall boys need to move south.we dont have no stinking winter storage. :lol:

michael morris

Yea - its pretty sad when you have cars like these and 6-7 months they are locked away. I have a 96 Viper GTS coupe, bought new, 3200 miles, and a 94 Viper RT/10, 2850 miles. I'm hoping to use this 500 alittle more.

Yea - its pretty sad when you have cars like these and 6-7 months they are locked away. I have a 96 Viper GTS coupe, bought new, 3200 miles, and a 94 Viper RT/10, 2850 miles. I'm hoping to use this 500 alittle more.

you sound like me. more cars they i have time to drive, but its still fun to wash them and take care of them.

michael morris

Never mind. I didn't see Michael responded already.

Where are you getting 0% for 36 months from on a 2008? That is only good on the 2007.

Never mind. I didn't see Michael responded already.

Where are you getting 0% for 36 months from on a 2008? That is only good on the 2007.

I found out that I am not getting the 0% on the 08. Michael checked around and he let me know it is good only for 07's. Had I had known this I may have purchased an 07. They just didn't have the colors I wanted left for 07.

Picked mine up at a local Cincinnati dealer for a little over 52,000 after shopping and calling dealers in Va,Tn,Oh,Ind and all over Ky. Even had a local dealer contatct Michael in Perry, Ga.. I am one of the types that had stated that I would never pay sticker much less over. But I can not explain the feeling of owning this ride. I get comments on the car every time I take it for a spin. Sure its a lot of money for a vehicle but you never see a hearst pulling a u-haul.

Daryle

Picked mine up at a local Cincinnati dealer for a little over 52,000 after shopping and calling dealers in Va,Tn,Oh,Ind and all over Ky. Even had a local dealer contatct Michael in Perry, Ga.. I am one of the types that had stated that I would never pay sticker much less over. But I can not explain the feeling of owning this ride. I get comments on the car every time I take it for a spin. Sure its a lot of money for a vehicle but you never see a hearst pulling a u-haul.

Daryle

sorry i couldnt help, i have sold most of mine the day they came in.

if anyone is interested i still know where a white with blue is for around 52000. let me know if anyone is interested.

michael morris

Daryle

Felt the same way, I'd pay sticker but NEVER OVER. Well I caved , 6K over, still waiting to be shipped, but encouraging to hear how plesed you are, makes my decision seem all the more correct!

Felt the same way, I'd pay sticker but NEVER OVER. Well I caved , 6K over, still waiting to be shipped, but encouraging to hear how plesed you are, makes my decision seem all the more correct!

Your decision is correct oilman, you will never look back on your choice of buying your beautiful Shelby! I look at it this way, I can always make more money if I am capable of working but they are not going to make these cars much longer, at least they better not! I don't have my Gt500 yet, just got my vin today but I know I am going to love the car just by the way my SGT looks and drives. Our cars will hold the value so much better so they are an investment as long as we take care of them.

Your decision is correct oilman, you will never look back on your choice of buying your beautiful Shelby! I look at it this way, I can always make more money if I am capable of working but they are not going to make these cars much longer, at least they better not! I don't have my Gt500 yet, just got my vin today but I know I am going to love the car just by the way my SGT looks and drives. Our cars will hold the value so much better so they are an investment as long as we take care of them.

• 1 month later...

Archived