TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Private Buyers - What did you pay

MM would that guy be Hoyt....?

I will take 5 GT500's at 4-5K over from anywhere. I just bought a white w/Tung stripes Coupe out of TX.

I have SOLD 16 so far out of Denver, and need more.

thanks randy 303 584-6623

yup my buddy hoyt.

thats what im willing to pay. 4-5k over, but they are that low yet. watched 2 used one go thru atlanta yesterday. the dealer wanted 56k for it. had 2k miles. telling my bro in law i can buy brand new for less than that.

we have only sold 3. all mine went on ebay. im in a small town and havent had many lookers in town that really wanted to buy the GT500s

michael

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What dealers have you found that will sell to a dealer for $5K - $7K over?

Most I see are still wanting $10K - $15K over dealer to dealer.

I'm in a small town and I put money down on their only 08 GT500

in March of 2006. They have sold both 07 & 08 at MSRP to local people.

I'm in a small town and I put money down on their only 08 GT500

in March of 2006. They have sold both 07 & 08 at MSRP to local people.

Its Morlan Shell Ford in West Plains Mo. Ask for Eric maybe he can find one for you.

I actually bought mine from Morlan Shell. I was the lucky local to get the '07 convertable. Had them order it for me the first day it was possible to place an order. They didn't know much about the car at the time I ordered it back in early '06 and I was able to lock in MSRP. The salesman that helped me and did the research on getting the car for me was Kevin Judd. He would be the man to talk to. Don't know if the owner will allow another to go at MSRP though, he's catching on. They have a new Shelby GT and it is priced well over sticker. Talk to Kevin.

Is this the doc I called last month about the GT500?

That has only put 80 miles on the car?

I didn't know it was a vert.

Yep. R.C. thought that was you but wasn't too sure! Do you stay in contact with Friendly Ford? Had a person in the other day and said he saw an 07 Shelby Hertz car on the lot for sale??? He said it was black with gold stripes, and it didn't say GT500 on the rocker panel stripe. He thought it was something like GT-H, and was being sold as a used car. He had never heard of the Hertz addition though and I bet had mistaken it for a new Shelby GT. Quized him about it and said they were asking around 37K. Never called on it. Know anything about it? I know this dealership has been able to get several 07 GT500s, I doubt that it's a Hertz but thought you may know.

About all the Ford dealers in the area call me because I was looking last year.

I will be at Friendly Fri. and checking out the GT500. I'll see what that car is and let you know.

I still want to come by and see yours.

You said you got yours in Aug of 06.

I was wanting to know when my 08 GT500 would come in. but Morlan has no idea.

About all the Ford dealers in the area call me because I was looking last year.

I will be at Friendly Fri. and checking out the GT500. I'll see what that car is and let you know.

I still want to come by and see yours.

You said you got yours in Aug of 06.

I was wanting to know when my 08 GT500 would come in. but Morlan has no idea.

I ordered mine July of 06 but did not get it until the end of Jan. 07. Morlan said that they are built and shipped on a lottery system so that the bigger dealerships can't muscle themselves over the little guys. Called Ford and they did verify that system and told me that it could arrive anywhere from Aug. 06 thru June 07. Mine came about six months after I ordered it. That was the 07's, the 08's may be different. In your case hope so. Are you still going to do the Super Snake package? I am actually on the list for the 40th anniv. package. I have no idea on when I'll be going out for the upgrades, they said they would call. This would be a long trip for the both of us! Call me and come out anytime. I'll be in Kansas City this weekend though, leaving tomorrow. As for the car in Springfield, I think it's a unicorn!!!

I'm on the list for ths SS but can't make up my mind.

I'm afraid if I have 80k tied up in it I won't want to drive it and

I want to drive it hard and fast. I change my mind weekly, when

I get the call to do it, I will finally make a decision.

If you purchased an 07 GT 500 or negotiated a purchase of an 08 GT 500, would you mind sharing with the rest of the forum members how much you had to pay and if you bought from a local dealer or hand to go through e-bay or another website.

I think this would be helpful to those of use trying to figure out a reasonable price on the limited number of vehicles that are going to be produced this year (2008).

How many months did you finance also would be helpful. Did you buy as an investment or simply for the fun and experience of owning a Shelby.

Thanks, GG

i recently purchased a 07 black clearcoat GT500 COUPE. i ended up paying 15K over sticker. the area, i'm from, was getting 20 to 25 over. i was friends with the dealer and he cut me sime slack. it was the first time in my life, that i ever even considered paying more than sticker, for anything. then they hit my with a gas guzzler tax of $1300 dollars, to boot! ya gotta luv it

MUSTY

i recently purchased a 07 black clearcoat GT500 COUPE. i ended up paying 15K over sticker. the area, i'm from, was getting 20 to 25 over. i was friends with the dealer and he cut me sime slack. it was the first time in my life, that i ever even considered paying more than sticker, for anything. then they hit my with a gas guzzler tax of $1300 dollars, to boot! ya gotta luv it

MUSTY

welcome to the forum. drive the wheels off the car!!

michael

I got my GT500 coupe about a week ago, white with blue stripes for $7k over. I'm in California but bought from a dealer in Oregon. I bought my Ford GT from them about a year ago so they cut me a deal. For the people wondering about registering an out-of-state car in CA, as long as the car has a "conforms to.....California regulations...." sticker under the hood, you can register it. You do have to get a smog check (which is utterly ridiculous) but otherwise the registration is easy (except of course for the taxes).

Bill

MUSTY

What do you mean by THEN they hit you with a gas guzzler tax of $1,300 to boot????

The $1,300 GGT is INCLUDED in the sticker price. It is listed right on the window sticker and MSRP INCLUDES the $1,300 GGT.

Are you saying they charged you an additional $1,300 over and above the sticker price? That is what your post sounds like.

Was 4 list and they where all at 10k over msrp.No calls from any of them for over 6 months.Stopped at another dealer told him what the deal was and he said he would give me a call if one came up.About 3 months later he called said they had a serial number for a convertible(which is what i wanted) went in and was same deal 10k over.So now my convertible is in garage......

Also the other dealers plus the one i bought from are all going to be 15k to 20k over on rest of 2007 and 2008.

11K over from Tuttle-Click in Irvine, CA. They are usally around 15-13K, but will work with you.

welcome to the forum Ron and enjoy your ride.

michael

Was 4 list and they where all at 10k over msrp.No calls from any of them for over 6 months.Stopped at another dealer told him what the deal was and he said he would give me a call if one came up.About 3 months later he called said they had a serial number for a convertible(which is what i wanted) went in and was same deal 10k over.So now my convertible is in garage......

Also the other dealers plus the one i bought from are all going to be 15k to 20k over on rest of 2007 and 2008.

congrats on you new GT500, they are great cars, now go burn those tires off

michael

11K over from Tuttle-Click in Irvine, CA. They are usally around 15-13K, but will work with you.

Bought mine from Tuttle Click yesterday via eBay. It was less than $5,000 for the ADM. Included NAV and Sirius radio. BTW, Page Nicholson of Tuttle Click is the best at pulling everything together. Overnighted all the paperwork, arranged financing that my credit union could not beat and is picking me up at the airport. :P

Bought mine from Tuttle Click yesterday via eBay. It was less than $5,000 for the ADM. Included NAV and Sirius radio. BTW, Page Nicholson of Tuttle Click is the best at pulling everything together. Overnighted all the paperwork, arranged financing that my credit union could not beat and is picking me up at the airport. :P

Hi there I bought a 2004 annv crimsion red 5500 made some where in that figure,from dealership in Louisiana Abbeville. I PAYED 22,000.00 other dealers wanted 26700.00 plus ttl.So I walk in May 2006 inquired about GT 500 they were only getting one per year and had just sold 2007. So I asked about 2008 model they said how serious was I. I put 10,000.00 down and wrote up contract for msrp I KNEW that there would be some kind increased but what the hell.Ordered 5-16-07 vista blue white stripes hid amb lighting int upgrade car cover 45,760.00 plus TTL what a steal!!. Great people great dealership been customer for 10 years they did me right now the waiting game begins thanks all have nice evening~!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hi Everyone. I'm new here. We took delivery of our 07 GT500 (Vista Blue/white stripe) on January 17/07 from Coastal Ford, Burnab, BC, Canada. We paid $53,299.00 (Canadian) plus taxes for a total of $61,267.12.

We're very happy with the car and the deal!

Hi Everyone. I'm new here. We took delivery of our 07 GT500 (Vista Blue/white stripe) on January 17/07 from Coastal Ford, Burnab, BC, Canada. We paid $53,299.00 (Canadian) plus taxes for a total of $61,267.12.

We're very happy with the car and the deal!

Is it just wishful thinking or has anyone else following sales on the GT 500s and Shelby SGT Mustangs noticed the prices continue to trend down. There was a new white GT 500 in NY area with no reserve at $49,000 today. The cars that appear to be bringing the most are the special run of red stripe GT 500s.

It's going to be interesting to see if they hold their value. I'm also seeing several that are also selling within a few months of purchase also.

Just my thoughts........

GG

Is it just wishful thinking or has anyone else following sales on the GT 500s and Shelby SGT Mustangs noticed the prices continue to trend down. There was a new white GT 500 in NY area with no reserve at $49,000 today. The cars that appear to be bringing the most are the special run of red stripe GT 500s.

It's going to be interesting to see if they hold their value. I'm also seeing several that are also selling within a few months of purchase also.

Just my thoughts........

GG You're right on, in the last 7-10 days the prices have dropped dramactically. Its already July and these cars are actually year olds, driving season in some areas is only another 2-3 months, so I would assume most are going to wait for an 08'.

The GT500 will always be worth more than the Shelby GT. It's like the 60's GT500 versus the GT350. Both cars in perfect stock "factory" condition will always have the GT500 ahead of the GT350. It is a power issue.

;) bought my car vista blue white stripes shaker 1000 no sat radio on june 6 from small nearby dealer. paid 54270.salesman called

me about two weeks prior to the sixth indicating they would be recieving their second car. recently

got on the list for the 40th. best purchase I've ever made.

The GT500 will always be worth more than the Shelby GT. It's like the 60's GT500 versus the GT350. Both cars in perfect stock "factory" condition will always have the GT500 ahead of the GT350. It is a power issue.

Quite well said. The SGT is an extremely nice, lowered and balanced car but the power issue always seems to get the most money down the road. Americans love big HP muscle period! I can say that the SGT/SC cars are extremely rare from the SAI factory and are close to the power band in a GT500 but with the lighter body and lower displacement they seem quicker that the GT500 but I have never seen the spec's one on one. I would like to see a GT500 against a SGT/SC I wonder what would ahppen? That would be the only exception here i.e.: power gets more money, period. :)

Quite well said. The SGT is an extremely nice, lowered and balanced car but the power issue always seems to get the most money down the road. Americans love big HP muscle period! I can say that the SGT/SC cars are extremely rare from the SAI factory and are close to the power band in a GT500 but with the lighter body and lower displacement they seem quicker that the GT500 but I have never seen the spec's one on one. I would like to see a GT500 against a SGT/SC I wonder what would ahppen? That would be the only exception here i.e.: power gets more money, period. :)

My point is, as far as a premium collector's item, in my opinion the stock factory built Ford Shelbys will be worth more than the SAI modified Mustangs. There is a kind of a kit car feel to the 06 Hertz and SGT that the pure stock 07 GT500 doesn't have. But then again that is what Shelbys have always been. Mr. Shelby took a stock Mustang tuned it and styled it into a modified racer.

The ultimate Shelby in my opinion is going to be this 08 GT500KR. It will be very interesting to see the paid for price on the 08 GT500KR Shelbys since the production quantities will be limited to 1,000. Obviously they are trying very hard to make this one a collectors car. But why not build at least 5,000 like the Ford GT? It will still be a collector.

My wife called on 7/3 and said there were two at a north Houston dealer per their website. Both black, one a convertible and the other a coupe. When I arrived the coup was gone but another blue over white coupe had just arrived. I paid $15K over sticker and financed 60 months with $20K down. Upgrades are Shaker 1000 and Sirius satellite radio. It is a great car to drive and it will share time with my 05 Harley Road King.

Just finalized a deal at 6K over, and the clincher was 0% financing for 36 months, saving me writing check for entire amount. Could not be happier! Was going to go the route of the SGT, but after being scammed by my local dealer, went back to my 1ST choice, and even though I still don't like paying OVER sticker, I can live with this deal, and I became very concerned with the many quality issues of the SGT.

I have a similar story to Lucky - except on the East Coast (Mass). I called around after orders were being taken, and most dealers here wanted high premiums and had long lists. I monitored ebay, called dealers across the country - and finally found one in Ohio willing to deal. I paid $15K over sticker for a Performance White/Vista Blue striped Shelby. Best purchase I ever made - and have driven it about 200 miles per week.

I have wanted a Shelby Mustang since 1980 - and now I have one. Just waiting for the Carroll Shelby-signed dash plaque to complete the dream.

I bought 2 cars in 07 from my dealer including an SGT. So I really wanted a GT 500. Out of curiosity I went there yesterday to see what kind of deal they would give me since I bought 2 cars this year. They sold my 08 GT 500 to me for 7,000.00 over msrp. I was shocked. I gave them a 19,000 deposit and got to pick out my options because they just got the allocation. I should have my vin in 2 weeks or so. The 08 has the ambient lighting and the hid headlights. I really wanted red stripes but they aren't offering it. I did get the red leather inserts though. Now I have another 2 months or so of sleepless nights again waiting for this car.

Just finalized a deal at 6K over, and the clincher was 0% financing for 36 months, saving me writing check for entire amount. Could not be happier! Was going to go the route of the SGT, but after being scammed by my local dealer, went back to my 1ST choice, and even though I still don't like paying OVER sticker, I can live with this deal, and I became very concerned with the many quality issues of the SGT.

OIL

What are the "many quality issues with the Shelby GT" that you refer to just out of curiosity? Do you own a Shelby GT with problems?

Please tell us what colors and options you ordered on your GT500. Anyone know what the new equipment hid headlights and ambient light are exactly?

6K is a darn good deal. You won't regret it. I paid less but also waited 6 months, had to buy out of state and worked very hard to get that deal. And time is money.

OIL

What are the "many quality issues with the Shelby GT" that you refer to just out of curiosity? Do you own a Shelby GT with problems?

Please tell us what colors and options you ordered on your GT500. Anyone know what the new equipment hid headlights and ambient light are exactly?

6K is a darn good deal. You won't regret it. I paid less but also waited 6 months, had to buy out of state and worked very hard to get that deal. And time is money.

HID headlights are the blue lights you see coming down the road. Ambient lighting is cupholders and floorwells are lighted.

michael morris

Archived